Winter of Discontent: The 2017-18 NHL Season

HedleyLamarr

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

The new "points of emphasis" are always "fun" to see referees try to enforce and instill in the preseason.

Besides the uptick of slashing (including Ovechkin reportedly asking a ref "so we can't even touch the guy now?" and the ref responding "yes"), the Ducks have now been called twice for a delay of game - face-off violation. And based on the radio call, neither player called knew what the hell they were being called for.

Not only do we have the face-off violation for hand on the puck, we now have the refs calling penalties for how you line up on the face-off circle. (Skate/stick position, etc.)

I saw this last night in the Flyers/Islanders game and I was wondering what the hell happened.

1 hour ago, neo_prankster said:

How are the Kings able to have a road game against Anaheim sandwiched between the two game they're playing against the Canucks in China?

Today vs Canucks (5-2) in Shanghai

Tomorrow Night: @ Anaheim Ducks

Saturday 12:30 am PT (Sunday morning?) vs Canucks in Beijing.

Split squad.

VmWIn6B.png

3 hours ago, the admiral said:

In case anyone was wondering, the Golden Knights have almost the same fart-of-the-gods goal horn as the Ducks have.

They missed a golden opportunity to make their goal horn the slot machine jackpot horn. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

Expertly done interview by Michael Farber with very scary details about Paul Kariya and his concussions.

The level of brain function he had accouridng to his doctors is absolutely staggering. The fact that he's back to some of normalcy in life is amazing in itself.

I implore all of you to watch this one.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

On 9/27/2017 at 9:05 PM, ozzyman314 said:

They missed a golden opportunity to make their goal horn the slot machine jackpot horn. 

You know how the Bruins and the Hurricanes have people shout WOOOOOOOOOO after the goal announcements? The Vegas fans need to shout HELLOOOOOOOO like in Twin Peaks.

1zgyd8w.jpg

On 9/27/2017 at 10:04 PM, Still MIGHTY said:

Expertly done interview by Michael Farber with very scary details about Paul Kariya and his concussions.

The level of brain function he had accouridng to his doctors is absolutely staggering. The fact that he's back to some of normalcy in life is amazing in itself.

I implore all of you to watch this one.

That hurt to watch. It's an absolute shame that his career ended the way it did and it's definitely a sore spot to know that a Blackhawks player laid one of the major hits that contributed to his health problems. To think that he doesn't remember game seven at all... that's just awful. I mean, if Anaheim had won the Cup, Kariya wouldn't have remembered the greatest moment of his career. Damn.

I wonder if his appearance in that Ducks video during the playoff and him making some media appearances to talk about his career means some kind of reconciliation with the game, and maybe that means he'll get his number retired by the Ducks. He certainly deserves it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

12 minutes ago, ElwoodCuse said:

You know how the Bruins and the Hurricanes have people shout WOOOOOOOOOO after the goal announcements? The Vegas fans need to shout HELLOOOOOOOO like in Twin Peaks.

Thank you, Mr. Jackpots!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived