Winter of Discontent: The 2017-18 NHL Season

HedleyLamarr

5 hours ago, Cosmic said:

This isn't a perfect comparison because of the number of games played, but Vegas has the second-most road wins in the league (and they're not tied with anyone). Can we admit that they're a good team yet? To be fair, they have played more road games than average, but if there's a site that tracks points percentage, I'd like to see it.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/play-index/tgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&year_min=2018&year_max=2018&game_location=A&is_playoffs=N&game_num_type=team&game_month=0&game_type[]=R&game_type[]=OT&game_type[]=SO&order_by=year_id&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=Share&utm_campaign=ShareTool#stats

Road stats, click on W-L% to sort.

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fart, just realized that isn't point percentage. They're dividing points by points awarded instead of points available (so a team that wins in OT would have a W-L% of .667--2/3--instead of 1.000--2/2).

Still a decent proxy and easier than doing the math for 31 teams.

14 minutes ago, cmm said:

Fart, just realized that isn't point percentage. They're dividing points by points awarded instead of points available (so a team that wins in OT would have a W-L% of .667--2/3--instead of 1.000--2/2).

Still a decent proxy and easier than doing the math for 31 teams.

Crose enough.

5 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Is this normal for VGK games?

I've seen that with many of their games, with around 1/3 of the fans there being road fans. The only time I've seen less was the game I went to when I was down there, but the Coyotes still had all 27 of their fans make the trip up.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

5 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Is this normal for VGK games?

I was watching the game on TV and I thought to myself that it was strange to hear loud crowd roars but no goal horn when the Flyers scored. It sounded like a home game and the goal horn wasn't working.

Bruins are now first in the NHL in points% and goal differential. Also only 1 point out of first in the league. 

Only 2 regulation losses since Dec 16th, that's just absurd. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

Tough loss for the Sharks last night to the Desert Dogs. With the Pacific as much of a chocolate starfish as it is, every single point matters from here on out and last night was a good opportunity to get a little distance. I'm still optimistic they can get in as the three seed, with the Flames or Kings eventually taking back the two hole, though should they get past one of them in round one, I'm hoping someone knocks off Nashville or Winnipeg. I won't none of what those teams bring this postseason.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

There's no reason in 2018 to let alignment get in the way of money-making opportunities.  There's myriad ways to deal with alignment issues.  For some reason, the owners must feel that a team in Glendale makes them all more money than a team in Quebec, and considering the league prefers expansion to relocation for obvious reasons ($650M?  seriously???), the sun has set on QC.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived