Winter of Discontent: The 2017-18 NHL Season

HedleyLamarr

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ODUMonarchs said:

I don't want to speak for @Crabcake47 but I think as Caps fans we have become numb to 2nd round jokes

Basically, yeah. We can't change our team's results. We've just gotta take it on the chin. The basic rule of trash talk is if you can't take it, don't give it. 

spacer.png

I can't tell if the woman on the right is hot or not judging from the back of her head. My gut says "sure" but it could be more yinzer than I'd care for. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

17 hours ago, the admiral said:

Plenty of PYTs in Pittsburgh, maybe they just age hard. The whole city's in a nicotine haze for some reason.

I felt like I saw more smokers and vapers while in Pittsburgh than any other two cities I've been to.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

11 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

You obviously haven't been to Montreal.

Only during times of the year when everyone's breath smokes.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

18 hours ago, the admiral said:

Plenty of PYTs in Pittsburgh, maybe they just age hard. The whole city's in a nicotine haze for some reason.

Still cashing them checks from Pittsburgh Bureau of Tourism, eh?

18 hours ago, HedleyLamarr said:

It's a Pittsburgh woman...the default answer is "not hot".

Eh, her face looks encouraging but it's hard to tell with the jersey if she's bigger than she may appear. Worth a glance at the least.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

PK Subban gets traded. Mikail Sergechev is traded. Andrei Markov is let go. In return, we got an aged Mark Streit. But yet...

“Our defence is better than last year” - Marc Bergevin

No stink-eye about the Montreal offense that's scored 2 goals in the past 3 games?  And, to be fair, every team's defense usually stinks in October.

25 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

No stink-eye about the Montreal offense that's scored 2 goals in the past 3 games?  And, to be fair, every team's defense usually stinks in October.

Bergevin let Radulov walk. To no surprise, Drouin is being over-hyped. Results thus far don't back up the hype. Galchenyuk demoted to the 4th line. Still a gaping hole in Habs 1st line offence. In a nutshell, nothing new. :wacko:

Archived