Jump to content

MLB changes 2018?


ANGELCAT-IDA61
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, daveindc said:

Db-KlltXkAAqx9T.jpg:large

 

There you go Indians. Use the blue cap on the road and with the navy alt. Wahoo gone.

 

Count me in the camp that thinks a white outline on the block C is not necessary. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Brandon9485 said:

 

There you go Indians. Use the blue cap on the road and with the navy alt. Wahoo gone.

 

Count me in the camp that thinks a white outline on the block C is not necessary. 

So just become the Cardinals from a few years back?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Brown1 said:

So just become the Cardinals from a few years back?

 

Yes, and in my opinion how the Cards should look now. You can also throw a Nats comparison in as well. 

 

I think it works if the Indians have defined uniform rules (like the Cardinals do), and don’t become a confused red/blue team like the Rangers and sometimes the Nationals are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Brandon9485 said:

 

There you go Indians. Use the blue cap on the road and with the navy alt. Wahoo gone.

 

Count me in the camp that thinks a white outline on the block C is not necessary. 

 

Count me too. It's a very clean, smooth look. An outline would be pointless on this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Brandon9485 said:

 

There you go Indians. Use the blue cap on the road and with the navy alt. Wahoo gone.

 

Count me in the camp that thinks a white outline on the block C is not necessary. 

 

I also make these comments believing it’s the best we can get from the Indians. I’d rather see Cleveland break from Wahoo via a whole rebrand and rename the team. A black/white/metallic gold Cleveland Spiders sounds good to me, but I also wonder if there would be issues using/acquiring the Cleveland Spiders name.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Brandon9485 said:

 

I also make these comments believing it’s the best we can get from the Indians. I’d rather see Cleveland break from Wahoo via a whole rebrand and rename the team. A black/white/metallic gold Cleveland Spiders sounds good to me, but I also wonder if there would be issues using/acquiring the Cleveland Spiders name.

 

I'd like a whole rebrand too, but I'm worried that changing the color scheme along with the name would alienate more people. Navy has been a part of the team's identity for almost 120 years, with red hanging around for 80 of them. I'd much rather see them put an accent color with the navy and red. Metallic gold, tan, silver, and light blue are all options.

 

1 hour ago, Brandon9485 said:

 

There you go Indians. Use the blue cap on the road and with the navy alt. Wahoo gone.

 

Count me in the camp that thinks a white outline on the block C is not necessary. 

 

I'm going to disagree on two points. I think the outline is needed for a little added definition. I also maintain that navy caps and accessories should be reduced to alternate status, with red caps, socks, and accessories on the road. I never liked how Cleveland opted to drab up their colors on the road. Heck, red on the road is a fantastic look for them, and would look fantastic against fellow navy/red opponents like the Red Sox and Twins. I'd even advocate for dumping navy jerseys in favor of red ones, with the navy cap only coming out as a "clash kit" when they play the Angels or have interleague with the Cardinals, Nationals, Reds, and Phillies.

 

The Indians are like the Cardinals in that their red options look so much more engaging than their navy ones. I get that the Indians have a huge history with being navy-centric/navy-red split, but going for more red with less navy would be a good way to break away from the past. 

 

I even suggested the red-centric (with navy secondary and light blue as an accent) in a redesign I did a while back.

 

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

All the best monograms look better one color. Yankees, Tigers, Mets, A's, Giants, etc. The Indians C doesn't need it.

 

Those have key differences. The Yankees, Tigers, and A's use white logos on dark backgrounds.

 

IMG_9999_39_dc7a453f-2229-4014-8be4-7fcfabefbcb7_400x.progressive.jpgIMG_9999_39_55cc4726-bc7e-4393-8a3a-7cd757bcc28c_417x.progressive.jpg?v=1523043129IMG_9999_48_711ce787-442b-49bc-a7cd-ca7e888568da_402x.progressive.jpg?v=1523043211

 

The Mets and Tigers can get away with non-outlined cap logos because of color theory. Since orange is on the opposite side of the color wheel from blue, the brain automatically separates the two shades. White outlines clutter the separation, as the Tigers and Mets found out.

 

IMG_9999_49_ffdf4ef7-8a49-46f8-bb2b-fa78b3606213_402x.progressive.jpg?v=15230432611d8d0e4bf50358b72c5832dd8eb048f5.jpg

vs.

mets-alternate-diamond-tech-bp-new-era-23791.jpg 33ngjfa.jpg

 

The Indians' cap logo doesn't have these benefits (red isn't an opposite of navy on the color wheel), therefore it needs a white outline on a red background and a almost certainly a navy one as well (might make an exception).

Edited by SFGiants58
Added link
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

 

I'd like a whole rebrand too, but I'm worried that changing the color scheme along with the name would alienate more people. Navy has been a part of the team's identity for almost 120 years, with red hanging around for 80 of them. I'd much rather see them put an accent color with the navy and red. Metallic gold, tan, silver, and light blue are all options.

 

I think without a rebrand, the Chief Wahoo controversy will refuse to die. A rebrand with a name change clearly says, it’s over. 

 

Instead I think the Indians are doomed to the headaches the University of Illinois has experienced since dumping Chief Illiniwek. Keeping the nickname Fighting Illini has only kept the idea of the Chief mascot and logo around. A name change may have alleviated that as it would have been harder to draw back to. Fans may not like a change, but it’s the first step in changing a team’s fan culture for the better.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Brandon9485 said:

 

I think without a rebrand, the Chief Wahoo controversy will refuse to die. A rebrand with a name change clearly says, it’s over. 

 

Instead I think the Indians are doomed to the headaches the University of Illinois has experienced since dumping Chief Illiniwek. Keeping the nickname Fighting Illini has only kept the idea of the Chief mascot and logo around. A name change may have alleviated that as it would have been harder to draw back to. Fans may not like a change, but it’s the first step in changing a team’s fan culture for the better.  

 

 

All very true. What I'm proposing is doing away with the name but keeping the colors. Those colors (navy, anyway), predate the Indians name. Besides, it's a way to soften the blow. North Dakota kept kelly green and black, while Marquette is still blue/yellow and Stanford maintains red/white (with green and black accents). The name can change, but the colors should remain. Teams don't usually throw away nearly a century of color continuity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Too much red on the Tribe with that hat. Their crowns, piping, and socks should be navy. Gotta have a balance.

 

I think the name is here to stay and should be. Teams don't throw away a century of that, either. Getting rid of Wahoo should be enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Brandon9485 said:

 

Yes, and in my opinion how the Cards should look now. You can also throw a Nats comparison in as well. 

 

I think it works if the Indians have defined uniform rules (like the Cardinals do), and don’t become a confused red/blue team like the Rangers and sometimes the Nationals are.

So don’t embrace your colors as a whole. Be a dominant one color on the road and the other at home? It’s ok to be a red and blue team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.