MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Griffinmarlins said:

Unfortunately, it's their Thursday home set. I am impatiently waiting for the day they ditch the throwback and add a yellow alt with a solid black Pirates wordmark. 

That makes them wearing the olive piped jerseys with yellow piped pants even worse.

14 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

The Marlins’ old font/script (I use that term loosely, since it’s not cursive) has this whole “I can’t believe it’s not Matrix Condensed” look to it. It’s too tied to that early-mid 1990s wave of aesthetics to really escape from that period. Bringing in black made it a smidge too close to the White Sox, only to get closer with the 2003 tweaks. Had the team just used a darker teal from day one, it may never have been demoted in favor of the White Sox/Rockies clone look.

I’ve never been keen on the 1993-2011 Marlins’ identity, especially not for a team playing in a city with such a rich architectural heritage (e.g., Art Deco) as Miami. That’s why I’d rather the team refine what they have now to emphasize that blue color and firmly demote black to an accent color. Having a better marlin logo than the toothpaste fish would also help.

The “Florida” look fit for a team playing out in the suburbs. It may be the look in which they won two titles, but it’s also what they wore for the ‘98 and ‘04 fire sales. I would prefer that it remain a throwback item, not the primary.

There was no 2004 fire sale. 

That's a "Mandela effect" myth, an urban legend. 

The 03 championship team was kept together until 2006. Still a fire sale at that point but everyone assumes the second fire sale came immediately after the championship win but Loria tried for two more seasons to compete with that team. Only first owner Wayne Huizenga had a fire sale right after the world series win. 

But what do I know. 

3 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

There was no 2004 fire sale. 

That's a "Mandela effect" myth, an urban legend. 

The 03 championship team was kept together until 2006. Still a fire sale at that point but everyone assumes the second fire sale came immediately after the championship win but Loria tried for two more seasons to compete with that team. Only first owner Wayne Huizenga had a fire sale right after the world series win. 

But what do I know. 

Ah, my mistake. Thanks for the correction!

On 5/16/2018 at 11:05 PM, EddieJ1984 said:

I don't get why they didn't have the opposite of that hat, black with a teal brim.

The Portland Sea Dogs did! When they were still a Marlins affiliate, of course. Here is a delightful photo of a young Adrian Gonzalez.

Seadogs-Gonzo.jpg

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

11 hours ago, Digby said:

The Portland Sea Dogs did! When they were still a Marlins affiliate, of course. Here is a delightful photo of a young Adrian Gonzalez.

Seadogs-Gonzo.jpg

so did the manatees

8464-111Bk.jpg

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 6:42 PM, ZipperClub said:

Pirates bringing out the Memorial Day set a week early because, reasons?? They’re at home next weekend as well as tonight.

I wondered the same when the Reds did likewise against the Cubs the other day.

Can anyone confirm if teams are recycling the Memorial Day uniforms from 2017 in 2018? MLB.com stock photos are showing what looks to be recycled home version from last year but not sure if there are subtle differences in the team logo on chest and sleeve patches.

2 hours ago, LWLLWWW said:

I wondered the same when the Reds did likewise against the Cubs the other day.

Can anyone confirm if teams are recycling the Memorial Day uniforms from 2017 in 2018? MLB.com stock photos are showing what looks to be recycled home version from last year but not sure if there are subtle differences in the team logo on chest and sleeve patches.

Just the pirates and reds to my knowledge. They are replacing both teams brown camo

KISSwall09.jpg

33 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

They should have done that uniform but in Mariners actual colors for this

Why? It wasn’t in Mariners’s colors last time. 

Great Scott!

If someone causes a major situation at Safeco Field that causes a cancellation of this TATC game and thus this TATC game doesn't happen in 2018 then this will alter history and the TATC games of 1999 will never happen (or have happened?) because there will not have been any TATC games to actually Turn the Clocks Ahead to now that we're currently in the future right? Come on guys this may be our one chance to erase TATC from history! Who's with me? 

The mismatch of a teal/black script, black/teal NOB, and black/white/teal number is annoying. I would like for it all to match, but if it's not going to, it has to not-match better than that. At least lose the second outline on the numbers.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived