MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

But, not their primaries.

Primary jerseys at ASG

Not always. Mets used to wear their white alternatives instead of pinstripes from 1998-2011. The Indians wore their navy alternatives at one point in the 90s. 

XM4KeeA.png

56 minutes ago, Digby said:

Surprised that the Houston logo doesn’t have a better version to use on white backgrounds. The H gets lost, it looks like an error.

ff_3057005alt1_full.jpg&w=900

Yeah, I am too. For print applications if for nothing else. 

What do they use against a white background? This?

6753_houston_astros-alternate-2013.png

41 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

But, not their primaries.

Primary jerseys at ASG

Since they have all of the ASG patches, how do

we know that MLB did not pick which Diamondback uniform they’d wear? 

Despite not typically liking special caps nor caps with white front panels. I am finding myself liking the ASG caps this year. 

I think the logos for the Astros & Tigers need to be tweaked, but some of these caps look really good with regular uniforms.

I love seeing some navy in the LA Angels cap.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

10 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

America’s Pastime will hold it’s annual Mid-Summer Classic in their capital city tonight, a pairing that seems so natural it’s hard to believe it’s the first time Washington has hosted in half-a-century

They didn't have a team for 30+ years, then had three years in a temporary stadium, and then had to wait for other promised new venues to get their All-Star Games. It's easy to believe.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, Mitch B said:

Despite not typically liking special caps nor caps with white front panels. I am finding myself liking the ASG caps this year. 

I think the logos for the Astros & Tigers need to be tweaked, but some of these caps look really good with regular uniforms.

I think seeing them all together makes them work. There's a cohesive unity there. If, say, 29 teams had solid crown caps and just one team had a pinwheel cap then it might seem goofy and out of place but together they work.

I love all the colors that they bring together too. We rarely see the Rockies purple the As yellow the Rays powder blue the Angels navy the Marlins orange and the Brewers gold accentuated on caps so it's nice.

It's the secondary colors now that I think about.

So these caps bring together each team's primary and secondary colors along with white and it's one of the better speciality caps they've ever done. 

10 hours ago, Mitch B said:

I’d like them more if they didn’t have the star eyelets on the crown.

12 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah, I am too. For print applications if for nothing else. 

What do they use against a white background? This?

6753_houston_astros-alternate-2013.png

Yup. On just about any application that involves using a white background, the Astros use either the above logo or their full primary mark with the team name. Every now and then you'll see just the H-star removed from the roundel on white background and a navy outline is added.

As far as the ASG caps go, I'm sure New Era was instructed to use primary cap logos and the astros cap logo is just is not meant for white backgrounds. Every now and then I'll see an inversed version of the astros logo on fan merchandise, bit I've never seen it in print or media usage

Image result for white astros cap

mike-trout-all-star-game-home-run.jpg?it

This photo isn't from last night, but for the first time I noticed that the Angels have a white outline on the wordmark but not on the numbers of their gray jerseys. I've never been a big fan of the Angels' look but now I like them even less after noticing that little detail. Either outline them both in white or neither.

52 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

mike-trout-all-star-game-home-run.jpg?it

This photo isn't from last night, but for the first time I noticed that the Angels have a white outline on the wordmark but not on the numbers of their gray jerseys. I've never been a big fan of the Angels' look but now I like them even less after noticing that little detail. Either outline them both in white or neither.

Yep, that's a problem.  They don't outline the NOB or back numbers either.

301b850c21f048139ac3d136b472e409.jpg

The white outline is clearly not necessary and should be dropped from the wordmark and sleeve patches.  Pointless clutter. (Though again, so are the sleeve patches.)

16 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Yes, many teams have worn alts.  Primary jerseys should be required at the ASG. 

Blame it all on Pete Rose, who in 1979 became the first player to wear his batting practice jersey in an All-Star Game.

Image result for 1979 all star game pete rose

(Side note: this is the only thing that I have against Pete Rose.)

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Archived