MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

If anyone needs a dystopian vision, I could see them adopting burgundy and grey again, but with a light blue alt on the road and a burgundy+light blue trim alt at home, paired with its own light blue trim hat -- kinda the Arizona treatment of being unable to decide on a look exactly and churning out two mostly-similar sets to compensate.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the Tribe can use those beige shipping containers they built out in right as their iconic stadium trait. Can't think of anyone else who built shipping containers in their stands.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

6 minutes ago, ZipperClub said:

19 ASG Logo looks awful with the diagonal positioning.  Rock n Roll wordmark isn’t anything unique. Guitar looks OK other than the angle.

Yeah, as a Tribe fan it gets a big "Meh" from me.

Could have done a lot better. But I guess it could have been a lot worse too.

DkBDBScXgAAyLOt.jpg

Really bothering me that the "Cleveland" is at a different angle than the rest of the type. 

16 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The internet wasn't around back when they wore maroon, but believe me - those uniforms weren't popular, and the overwhelming reaction when they changed was extremely positive.  I think the new (I still consider it new since I grew up with the maroon) set didn't age well, but considering that the maroon set was designed to be worn skin tight and high cuffed as was the style of the day as opposed to baggy long pantsed look we saw today, it's better off in the past.  It was also designed to coincide with the opening of "futuristic" astroturf multi-purposed Vet.  While I'm not a big fan of the current look, there's no reason to bring back the 70s/80s. 

The swirly-P looks bad, and concepts that just paint-bucket their current baseball diamond logo into burgundy and light blue look even worse, but I still like burgundy as the Phillies' color. It would set them apart from all the teams using plain red. I don't think they should treat light blue as a team color, either, just burgundy and white/grey.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

17 hours ago, daveindc said:

Was maroon really unpopular? I remember the current uniforms being popular when they first appeared because bright red wasn't as common and the number on the sleeve was unique, but were people clamoring for new uniforms prior to the change?

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

The swirly-P looks bad, and concepts that just paint-bucket their current baseball diamond logo into burgundy and light blue look even worse, but I still like burgundy as the Phillies' color. It would set them apart from all the teams using plain red. I don't think they should treat light blue as a team color, either, just burgundy and white/grey.

I never said the maroon / burgundy color was unpopular (though the return to red was a hit), though by the end, it had become darker and darker, to the point where it was... well, really dark (at least in the old mesh-back caps I used to have.)

The caps went from basically red (I swear they actually wore red for some time when the pinstripes were still red, and I had a bright-red mesh cap from that era too) to brick to maroon to... darker after the change to swirl-p chest logo, button down placket, and maroon pinstripes in '87.

2014+Topps+1989+Topps+Mini+Die-Cuts+%23T48038a_lg.jpeg main_1505153855-Mike-Schmidt-Signed-Phil mike.schmidt.philadelphia.phillies.1973. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

DkBDBScXgAAyLOt.jpg

Really bothering me that the "Cleveland" is at a different angle than the rest of the type. 

Might have been mentioned already, but I feel like the angle is on purpose. My first reaction was "oh, it reminds me of the Cleveland signs" ?‍♂️

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Yes I know what its supposed to represent but at a glance with the star and the pointy points of the lettering the logo looks more like a cowboy country music logo and to me looks like it would go more with the Rangers than the Indians. 

I feel like going with a rock and roll theme does a disservice to the host team here. It has nothing to do with the Indians. Yes I know why but maybe more could have been done to be similar to the Indians home wordmark script or even to the block C. 

There's just nothing about the Indians that says rock and roll and I feel like they missed the mark too far because they were desperate to stay away from controversy. 

Visually I think the logo is fine if not underwhelming... the theme just bugs me though.

Already curious how the caps and jerseys will look too.

20 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

DkBDBScXgAAyLOt.jpg

Other than the uninspired theme of rock n roll (not that All-Star logos ever go with something surprising) and the weird angle on "Cleveland," I honestly like it a lot.

-The three different As doesn't bother me because they work together IMO

-The tilt makes sense for a guitar and makes it somewhat unique for an All-Star logo

-The script neck and the seams are both clever elements

It could use some connection to the Indians I suppose (aside from the colors, obviously), but overall it's a solid logo. And I actually like it a lot more having seen it on white rather than the navy background. Curious how it will translate to patch form.

41 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

Other than the uninspired theme of rock n roll (not that All-Star logos ever go with something surprising) and the weird angle on "Cleveland," I honestly like it a lot.

-The three different As doesn't bother me because they work together IMO

-The tilt makes sense for a guitar and makes it somewhat unique for an All-Star logo

-The script neck and the seams are both clever elements

It could use some connection to the Indians I suppose (aside from the colors, obviously), but overall it's a solid logo. And I actually like it a lot more having seen it on white rather than the navy background. Curious how it will translate to patch form.

I agree. I hated it at first, but it has definitely grown on me.

The weird tilt of "Cleveland" makes more sense when they don't angle the whole logo. 

Found this patch online. I'd assume the real ones would be that metallic type of patch that MLB has moved towards.

ff_3229442_full.jpg&w=900

The SF Giants will be wearing this patch on their jerseys this Saturday, for the Barry Bonds number retirement ceremony. 

2hdsjyd.jpg

Not for sale, as far as I know, but the Giants Dugout Store is giving them away with any $125 purchase this weekend. 

On 8/7/2018 at 11:46 AM, Ark said:

You mean a utopian vision?

Well, the current Phillies look is my least favorite in baseball so I’m pro-burgundy. Can just see the wishy -washiness around light blue as a reminder of Arizona’s modern confusion around turquoise.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived