MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

19 minutes ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Agreed. I can see that. This is something Manfred may have handled personally with where he stands on it

Thome said it’s what he wanted. I’ll take his word that he didn’t want the vocal anti-Wahoo crowd on his case.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Agreed. I can see that. This is something Manfred may have handled personally with where he stands on it

As @Gothamite pointed out the Hall is independent of MLB. Manfred can’t force them to do anything. 

So I think you’re just going to have to accept that Thome didn’t want to go in wearing a Wahoo cap. 

12 hours ago, Gothamite said:

The Hall of Fame has the final say, not MLB.  The museum is independent from the league. 

Ah yes, that's what I meant. I knew they were separate but don't know why I grouped them together. I meant the governing body of the Hall and I think I just said MLB out of laziness without realizing what a huge difference it actually is.

That A's cap is interesting. Not in love with it but it's unique. 

I actually question if the elephant is recognizable enough to a non baseball fan who doesn't understand that the A's are loosely represented by an elephant. The shape is a bit of a blob at a glance I'm someone who absolutely knows it's an elephant.

And 1000% yes to returning to diamond era. This year's material was absolutely a step backwards.

49 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I actually question if the elephant is recognizable enough to a non baseball fan who doesn't understand that the A's are loosely represented by an elephant. The shape is a bit of a blob at a glance I'm someone who absolutely knows it's an elephant.

I think it’s a reference to the 1910s

8729b_lg.jpeg

It’s the kind of thing you can get away with on a BP cap.  Wouldn’t want to see it on an actual game cap (other than TBTC), but so long as BP caps are a thing that’s a place to experiment.

Archived