MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

2 minutes ago, Ray Lankford said:

I think it's supposed to be brighter.

Players Weekend shades were all brighter...so yeah, just confirming that the above was a brighter shade of the new brighter shade the Rocks used last season. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely brighter and uglier even if it was meant to be that way. Horrible. They spent all season successfully hyping up their improved color scheme and suddenly late season there's an entire weekend where they revert to a color even worse than the one they previously had. Ironic how that worked out. 

Related but unrelated... apparently a really random option was available to the Rockies in 2011 and only a few players actually wore this... an undershirt for the vest with the player's number oddly printed on the sleeve in almost a stencil shape/font... Looks really weird. Almost like the players did this themselves with a stencil and a can of purple spray paint...

Related imageRelated image

6 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Is this silver Rockies cap gonna be worn all season every day or is it like an alternate that will only be worn occasionally? I think I deal with it as an alternate but would hate to lose the purple in the cap all season long. It would just look like they "forgot to color in the logo" all season long. Like a manufacturing error or something kinda like when the Nationals accidentally made that NATINALS jersey that one time. 

Edit: MLB Shop has it listed as an alternate. Let's see how it actually get used. 

I'm not sure how much what it's listed as on MLB Shop matters since the Twins list their cap with the gold outline as an alternate yet it's the one they use with the designated home uniform. The one without an outline that is worn with their throwback alternates is listed as their home cap on MLB Shop.

3 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Related but unrelated... apparently a really random option was available to the Rockies in 2011 and only a few players actually wore this... an undershirt for the vest with the player's number oddly printed on the sleeve in almost a stencil shape/font... Looks really weird. Almost like the players did this themselves with a stencil and a can of purple spray paint...

Related imageRelated image

Yeah. They were probably Nike athletes. 

I got my first look @ the new 2018 MLB BP caps at a Lids store at one of my local malls, and here is my consensus: The rubberized material on the caps used for the logos looks okay, although washing them would be a bit of a pain. Also, the material is also pretty sturdy. Eh, I'm so-so on getting such a cap, though.

UBwef0L.png

It's sort of the baseball version of this Wizards jersey.

kobe-bryant-michael-jordan.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Baseball was a team sport that originated on Earth in the 19th century and gained worldwide popularity during the 20th century, The game continued to be played in the 21st century but its popularity began to decline until 2042, when the final World Series was played and the professional stage of the game came to a close. 

Only 25 World series left!

All teams should wear a patch next season. 

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2017/12/07/kevin-gausman-will-wear-no-34-in-honor-of-roy-halladay/

So this guy is changing his number to 34 to honor Roy Halladay.  Halladay only wore 34 in his 3 seasons with the Phillies.

Fun fact - Cliff Lee was 34 in his first Phillies stint because they were so sure they were getting Halladay at the trade deadline that they had already asked him what # he wanted, and he said 34.  For whatever reason, they ended up with Lee instead, so they just gave him the jerseys they had made up for Halladay.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived