MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, (probably)notabandwagonfan said:

I can't remember an off-season where the only uniform news was BP caps.

Majestic contract up after this season. No real reason to change, knowing that a league wide change is happening.

Always possible, like in the NHL/NBA but unlikely

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

6 hours ago, (probably)notabandwagonfan said:

Don't forget the new Rockies regular alternate hat. Might see one or two new alternate hats yet.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

19 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Please tell me this isn’t true. 

That's a big crock of crap.  If they're using seat color at Petco as the reason, they're delusional.

Many ballparks have seats that don't match the color of the team.  PNC Park, Citi Field, ATT Park, and Dodger Stadium all come to mind.

52 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

That's a big crock of crap.  If they're using seat color at Petco as the reason, they're delusional.

Many ballparks have seats that don't match the color of the team.  PNC Park, Citi Field, ATT Park, and Dodger Stadium all come to mind.

Not to mention the ballparks that have the wrong logos and names plastered all over the place.

0b85946334c79ccf931c87576dc2bade.jpg

Pewabic-Pottery-22-Comerica-Park.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 hour ago, AstroBull21 said:

I'd guess that it's about a $5 million job to change out 40,000 seats.  Padres probably can afford it or finance it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

14 hours ago, (probably)notabandwagonfan said:

I think it is still early. A lot of uniform changes get announced at team fan functions and a lot of those won’t take place until after the new year.

1 hour ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Not to mention the ballparks that have the wrong logos and names plastered all over the place.

0b85946334c79ccf931c87576dc2bade.jpg

Pewabic-Pottery-22-Comerica-Park.jpg

Yep, and Nats Park's scoreboard still includes the block script we haven't used in 5 or 6 years

Nationals_Win.jpg

Different sport, but Capital One Arena (I need a I Still Call It Verizon Center shirt) has purple seats.  The Caps and Wiz obviously don't use purple.  Zero people notice or care.  Celtics have yellow and black seats (fine for the Bruins) in their arena, no one cares.  

Basically, it is a chicken s*** excuse if that is the reason the Padres don't move to brown.  Although personally I prefer their late 90's uniforms anyways.

90758391980.gif

6 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Yep, and Nats Park's scoreboard still includes the block script we haven't used in 5 or 6 years

Nationals_Win.jpg

Different sport, but Capital One Arena (I need a I Still Call It Verizon Center shirt) has purple seats.  The Caps and Wiz obviously don't use purple.  Zero people notice or care.  Celtics have yellow and black seats (fine for the Bruins) in their arena, no one cares.  

Basically, it is a chicken s*** excuse if that is the reason the Padres don't move to brown.  Although personally I prefer their late 90's uniforms anyways.

Wow.  This whole time I've never actually thought about that.  I guess the arch being similar to the arch of the scoreboard made it always seem natural to me.

spacer.png

spacer.png

6 hours ago, TheRealCoachCarter said:

I love the RANGERS, but stale uniforms is to say it lightly...I'd love a total re-do...going light blue, red, and black. Still would love to see the cowboy hat logo make a comeback on some of their logo'd stuff!!! Come on @Rangers @NewbergReport

Replace black with navy and you’ve got a great plan. You’ve gotta think they’ll have a rebrand for the new ballpark right? (Also globe life park is just a terrible name, doesn’t roll of the toung and it isn’t a recognizable brand)

Excellent!

10 hours ago, Brandon9485 said:

I think it is still early. A lot of uniform changes get announced at team fan functions and a lot of those won’t take place until after the new year.

It's too early to see most of the stuff but any changes that are coming would have already been reported on and/or at least hinted on by people who have seen them. 

14 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Replace black with navy and you’ve got a great plan. You’ve gotta think they’ll have a rebrand for the new ballpark right? (Also globe life park is just a terrible name, doesn’t roll of the toung and it isn’t a recognizable brand)

Now with a domed stadium, the Rangers can afford to use the new black some with light blue and red...maybe even a brick red like our Frisco team uses. Obviously, I like me some change!!! :D

Nats introducing new features at Winterfest

More than 20 Nationals players and team personnel are expected to attend, including new manager Dave Martinez, who will be meeting with many of his players in person for the first time. The team also will unveil a new alternate uniform for the 2018 season.

https://www.mlb.com/nationals/news/nationals-winterfest-introduces-new-events/c-263361308

5 hours ago, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

5 hours ago, jerseyjunk said:

That's crazy, they already got 5 jerseys, the latest one coming last season.

Unless one is being replaced.  I'm going to assume it will be a road red alternate or a red "patriotic" jersey

Ypw29sK.png

So that's what it is.  But when I clicked on the link, it reverted back to the blue Stars and Stripes jersey 

Archived