MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Love those but is there a reason for the MLB logo under the A? Was that there in the original jersey? 

Thats a throwback to 1969, when all teams wore a “125th anniversary” patch (you can just make our the text under the logo). 

19 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I really like that logo but yeah that 60 is rough.

I think it's meant to look like a 60 even if you view only the portion above the ribbon, as well as if you ignore the ribbon and look at the whole thing.  But it doesn't really work well.  A smaller 60 above a ribbon that arcs downward would be better.

9 hours ago, Tigers6884 said:

Please for the love of God just bring these back as alternates.

163494723BM_Angels_Athletics0145-575x567

Those were the 1969 uniforms.  They'll probably use the 1968 style.

Image result for a's 1968 throwback

However, from the standpoint of pure aesthetics, even better would be the 1965 style.

Image result for a's 1968 throwback

But, on the assumption that they will use the 1968 style, I have to say that, in this case, I would prefer the sleeveless jersey to the true vest that we see in the 1965 style.  The "Oakland" wordmark is too long for the vest, as we can see in the original 1968 uniform.

Image result for a's 1968  Image result for a's 1968 reggie

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

On 1/17/2018 at 10:52 AM, Gothamite said:

I suspect they keep finding out that their fans want brown back, and so they'll keep going until a focus group tells them what they want to hear.

It seems that way.  And it's just silly.  Wouldn't it be easier to just say "we don't like brown and it's not coming back?"  Even if the fans do want brown, I don't think they're going to stop going to games or boycott the team.  Just rip that Band Aid off.  Then they can...

On 1/17/2018 at 9:41 AM, shstpt1 said:

Not only sticking to the same color scheme, stick to the same look too. Their unis Change every other year to build up support. There’s no consistency. They finally got a Padres script for the home uniform to match that nice San Diego font, and then they screwed it up by going back to the bow tie font... it just doesn’t make sense. Also, I wish there was a full script Padres on the Navy jersey rather than the SD. It just doesn’t feel like it fits with the rest 

...pick a gosh darn look.  While I want them to wear brown (or at least something that sets them apart a little), the other problem is that they keep tweaking things and despite their obsession with "boring" they keep throwing new variations of boring, diminishing the "boring" in all the wrong ways.

There's really not a lot of positive to say about their look.  They've always had an interlocking "SD."  That's the best thing I can say (and I REALLY hate the little gap in the "D").

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

37 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

The O's did this last season too, so you might be on to something

I'm pretty sure last year's version was white.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

2 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

While I want them to wear brown (or at least something that sets them apart a little), the other problem is that they keep tweaking things and despite their obsession with "boring" they keep throwing new variations of boring, diminishing the "boring" in all the wrong ways.

The frustrating thing is that they come so close.  The 2016 uniforms were as good as they are going to get in terms of design.  Just replace blue with brown, and you're home free for the next 50 years.

1*gfDyPOFkKYTLSET6BJFZ6w.jpeg

472814026.jpg

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

At first I thought the building in the Dodgers' patch was the elevator at Dodger Stadium, but then I realized it was a little too ornate for that. L.A. isn't really a skyline town, don't know why they tried here.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

38 minutes ago, the admiral said:

At first I thought the building in the Dodgers' patch was the elevator at Dodger Stadium, but then I realized it was a little too ornate for that. L.A. isn't really a skyline town, don't know why they tried here.

LA’s City Hall is the most iconic building in Los Angeles.  Hell, it might well be the most iconic building on the entire West Coast. 

Just now, Gothamite said:

LA’s City Hall is the most iconic building in Los Angeles.  Hell, it might well be the most iconic building on the entire West Coast. 

Ahem?

The Seattle Space Needle, the Golden Gate Bridge, Coit Tower (maybe), and the Hollywood Sign would beg to differ.

The US Bank Tower is pretty famous for being in LA.  The tall circular building in the skyline always tells me that's LA (you see this skyline in a bunch of commercials, movies, and even NFL RedZone studios).

LA_San_Gabriel_Mountains.jpg

The Transamerica Pyramid is probably also more famous than LA's city hall, in terms of buildings on the West Coast.

240px-SF_Transamerica_full_CA.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Agree that US Bank Tower is more recognizable for LA.  Saw it get blown up pretty good in Independence Day.  Just for arguments sake I would say the Capitol Records building is more recognizable too.  Had no idea what LA city hall looked like before 30 seconds ago

capitol-records-building.jpg

Also agree that the most iconic building on the west coast is the Space Needle

90758391980.gif

Yeah, Golden Gate Bridge for the West Coast if bridges count, Space Needle if they don't, and Capitol Records for Los Angeles. I know nothing about Los Angeles City Hall.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived