MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Quillz said:

As overused as navy is, I still think the Angels best look was their '86-'88 look:

4206.gif

I think it could work modernized a bit. Use the current "A" and wordmark. But I prefer the more standard block font.

It's not a bad look, I just think navy/blue and red is extremely overdone. The Angels own the red-on-red look and have since 2002 (weird how the Angels and Ducks both won their first and only championships in their first year after switching from their respective "Disney jerseys", though the Angels were still owned by Disney at the time), throw a rock and you'll hit over a dozen teams that are navy/blue and red or just blue based, including three in their own division. 

I type this as I look at my Angels hat on my desk which happens to be that navy and red hat which I bought last season, but still I prefer the red-on-red look over being Boston West. I would be extremely against using navy in a large capacity again, it's what really turned me off from the Players Weekend jerseys last season.

IbjBaeE.png

8 hours ago, Quillz said:

As overused as navy is, I still think the Angels best look was their '86-'88 look:

4206.gif

I think it could work modernized a bit. Use the current "A" and wordmark. But I prefer the more standard block font.

That style was the Angels' best, and should be used today -- but of course in the button-down and belted version.

301371446261b148f32344144abbf8f6.jpg

And, regarding mascots: it's Mr. Met or go the f home.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

8 hours ago, Jungle Jim said:

Blooper...Bluepper...meet Gapper.  I've never understood the need for Gapper.  It's not like we're short on mascots.

Image result for cincinnati reds gapper635697132461563139-reds-41-2014.05.11.jpg

The 2nd pic makes Gapper look like he's the family pet of the Red family. 

Edit: I now realize I should read the entire thread before making posts lol sorry 

Best mascots are the Tokyo Giants Giabbits (GIAnts raBBITS)

latest?cb=20150424162906

latest?cb=20120404034631

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Reds need to scrap both Gapper and Mr. Red. I feel like they were only added just to complete their mascot quartet for the races they do (which was copied by Milwaukee, and to a degree, Washington). Gapper is also another generic muppet mascot and Mr. Red isn't needed when you have a more unique character design in Mr. Redlegs.

Image result for mr redlegs and rosie red

These are the only two they need.

1 hour ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

The Reds need to scrap both Gapper and Mr. Red. I feel like they were only added just to complete their mascot quartet for the races they do (which was copied by Milwaukee, and to a degree, Washington). Gapper is also another generic muppet mascot and Mr. Red isn't needed when you have a more unique character design in Mr. Redlegs.

These are the only two they need.

Do tell? How long have the Reds been doing these races? Do they trace back to the early 90s? Heck, it might have been before that...

It's where I sit.

On 1/28/2018 at 12:27 AM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The defining feature of the franchise is the "A" on the front of the jersey. That is too good a logo not to use.

1929-jimmie-foxx-no-date.jpg  a185f91b60140b8c015dc16c08d9fd38.jpg

I agree with you . . . and yet this violates a general preference that I believe most of us have around here -- any initials used on a cap or jersey should be the city initials, not the nickname initials.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Do tell? How long have the Reds been doing these races? Do they trace back to the early 90s? Heck, it might have been before that...

The "Mr. Red Race" was a feature up on the jumbo-tron during the Riverfront Stadium era.  Now that they're at GABP, and in-person races (e.g. the Nats) are seemingly popular, the Reds have jumped on that bandwagon I suppose.  Gapper was introduced with GABP, but never went away.  I suppose he's for really little kids?  The Mr. Red vs. Mr. Redlegs evolution is fun (we can't decide if we're old-timey 1800s Mr. Redlegs or clean-cut and definitely not Communist 1960s Mr. Red).  Rosie Red (and the women's fan club that spawned her) is a treasure.

Archived