MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:49 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

This is one of those uniforms that are so ugly that I actually kind of like it. It’s the Kramer Portrait of baseball uniforms.

Haha. Yes Up there with me with the Chicago Blackhawks NHL 75th anniversary sweaters, which they need to bring back by the way.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

I think I heard that the hometeam has to put in the request to Majestic and make all the arrangements for both teams to wear throwbacks (?). Something like that.  

I believe this is correct as it is the home team that has to supply the throwback uniforms for the visiting team (since it is the home team's throwback game).

15 minutes ago, evoquik said:

Looks like we'll be seeing something new from the Rays tomorrow. Looks to be a throwback hat/uniform to the 1998 original Devil Rays look.

The 1998 logo didn’t have yellow thread, and the mouth of the ray was more outside the oval.  And I think that’s a navy hat. I can already tell you that tease is a better hat logo than the TB, so it’s an upgrade. We’ve talked a lot about how the Rays could add some green...

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/tew9qo7fxijh5xq8fgi0thhda/Tampa_Bay_Devil_Rays/1998/Cap_Logo

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The 1998 logo didn’t have yellow thread, and the mouth of the ray was more outside the oval.  And I think that’s a navy hat. 

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/tew9qo7fxijh5xq8fgi0thhda/Tampa_Bay_Devil_Rays/1998/Cap_Logo

Ah you're right, I didn't notice that. There does appear to be definitely green and what looks to be purple thread in that picture as well, so possibly a mashup of eras?

Y'all know this is just my opinion, right?

Looks to me like the original unused 1998 cap logo but with a yellow outline around the Devil Ray and on a navy cap. The navy and yellow represent today's colors of course so this could be interesting. Has there ever been an anniversary cap created that combined multiple eras of a teams history into a new cap? Pretty sure most teams celebrate anniversaries by wearing throwbacks along with their current stuff but can't remember any team creating some new mashup. This could be interesting. 

45 minutes ago, evoquik said:

Looks like we'll be seeing something new from the Rays tomorrow. Looks to be a throwback hat/uniform to the 1998 original Devil Rays look.

The hat looks blue to me and there's the addition of yellow, so I think it might be an era mashup. Which could be kind of cool.

And with the Rays '70s fauxbacks, a combo jersey of eras seems like something they might do.

IbjBaeE.png

17 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

My guess based off the teaser, perhaps they don't want to do any gradients in it?

wyYWfIL.png

Your purple outline looks to be white in the photo. Plus it looks to be a navy background.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived