• Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Damn! Will never unsee this ! 

13 hours ago, the admiral said:

It's worse than I realized:

FpCLQU3.png

220px-NCIS_-_The_8th_Season.jpg

I can't unsee it either.  I also can't unsee that the bottom portion of the S extends farther to the left than the top portion for some unknown reason.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

18 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Somethings brewing in Tampa Bay...many think its the old school 1998 duds, but that hat never had yellow/gold on it.

I smell a hybrid of eras because that looks like a blue cap.

Hmm...If the Rays were debuting a redesign wouldn't he have found out about it a while ago?

8 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Hmm...If the Rays were debuting a redesign wouldn't he have found out about it a while ago?

Something odd is happening this offseason I think. Am I the only one noticing that at the beginning of the offseason it was said there would be little if any uniform changes for 2018 and suddenly within the last month there's been a whole bunch of things released? I know there aren't any full on changes or rebrands but seems like all of these patches and other updates and alternate jerseys and caps (Colorado Miami Tampa Bay Dodgers and Oakland patches, Oakland kelly green jersey, Rockies anniversary cap, likely new Rays cap) all slipped by us until very close to their official revealings.

If I'm remembering things wrong please correct me. 

8 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Something odd is happening this offseason I think. Am I the only one noticing that at the beginning of the offseason it was said there would be little if any uniform changes for 2018 and suddenly within the last month there's been a whole bunch of things released? I know there aren't any full on changes or rebrands but seems like all of these patches and other updates and alternate jerseys and caps (Colorado Miami Tampa Bay Dodgers and Oakland patches, Oakland kelly green jersey, Rockies anniversary cap, likely new Rays cap) all slipped by us until very close to their official revealings.

If I'm remembering things wrong please correct me. 

According to MLB The Show (Silver knows me I think from Operation Sports and how I detest Sony --user cherman24-- that they are terrible with uniforms) the Rays have eliminated the Sting Ray patch on the gray/white and went with the anniversary patch. I imagine it will be that way on two blues which for some reason don't have the stingray. I'm looking at the screenshot and seeing maybe a black hat with a navy or purple brim and the colors have yellow and green. I'm predicting a stingray and some type of new fauxback that mashes up the two devil ray jerseys. Just my early prediction.

KISSwall09.jpg

15 minutes ago, hormone said:

According to MLB The Show (Silver knows me I think from Operation Sports and how I detest Sony --user cherman24-- that they are terrible with uniforms) the Rays have eliminated the Sting Ray patch on the gray/white and went with the anniversary patch. I imagine it will be that way on two blues which for some reason don't have the stingray. I'm looking at the screenshot and seeing maybe a black hat with a navy or purple brim and the colors have yellow and green. I'm predicting a stingray and some type of new fauxback that mashes up the two devil ray jerseys. Just my early prediction.

where are you seeing this?

1 minute ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

where are you seeing this?

Well, I was totally off on my prediction. I was going by the teaser screenshot yesterday. Silver, what are you asking? About operation sports? Are you not active there and in the uniform error thread I create every year? It’s the same username that I see here

KISSwall09.jpg

So they'll have the throwback jerseys and hats, plus the fauxback hat? Hope the fauxback hat isn't paired with the throwback jersey...that'd be awkward.  And if they are wearing this new fauxback...is the 70s fauxback gone? edit: Fanatics is selling a 70s fauxback with the 20th anniversary patch, so that's still around too.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

So it's basically the 1998 unused cap logo with the devil ray in the current colors and the oval behind it in the 1998 gradient colors. I'm cool with that. It'll look better on merchandise than on the caps though. It's big and kinda gaudy for the caps. Though that's the way it was intended to be in 1998 so that's fine for the occasion...DVcWLGAWAAI3nEi.jpg

DVcUO9zW0AAHEoQ.jpg

26 minutes ago, hormone said:

Well, I was totally off on my prediction. I was going by the teaser screenshot yesterday. Silver, what are you asking? About operation sports? Are you not active there and in the uniform error thread I create every year? It’s the same username that I see here

Yeah that's me. I misread your message and thought you were talking about some new Show 18 screenshot of the Rays but you were talking about the teaser pic above. 

From the mothership:

Devil-Rays-Throwbacks-590x444.jpg

As mentioned above, I'd rather have them wear the black hats with the throwback, and then wear the new navy caps with a current uniform.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

22 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

From the mothership:

Devil-Rays-Throwbacks-590x444.jpg

As mentioned above, I'd rather have them wear the black hats with the throwback, and then wear the new navy caps with a current uniform.

It's not really a throwback then if one of the core elements isn't a throwback.

FmYb8zz.jpg

Yeah, I want them to wear the black caps (which they have done before for previous throwback games) and save this new navy one for their current set like make it a home cap and the TB cap as a the road cap. 

Go A's!

Archived