MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

Source: DENVER — For the first time in the Colorado Rockies' 25-year existence, the team will honor the rich history of baseball in Denver that existed long before the Rockies threw their first pitch. BSN Denver has learned that the Rockies will honor the Negro League's Denver White Elephants with a one-game, throwback uniform.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, roxfan00 said:

Source: DENVER — For the first time in the Colorado Rockies' 25-year existence, the team will honor the rich history of baseball in Denver that existed long before the Rockies threw their first pitch. BSN Denver has learned that the Rockies will honor the Negro League's Denver White Elephants with a one-game, throwback uniform.

I love these.  Good for the Rockies.

Here's Ebbets Field Flannels' interpretation of a 1930 road uniform, might give us a clue as to what the new one will look like.

s-l300-1.jpg

denver-white-elephants-1930-road-jersey_

45 minutes ago, roxfan00 said:

Any chance they're playing the A's this year?  That would be a good time for the Rockies to wear the throwbacks.

hwl.0.jpeg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Denver -  As of now, the plan is to don the uniforms at some point during the Aug. 3-5 series in Milwaukee, where the Brewers will also be wearing a throwback uniform for the matchup.

The details—like whether or not the club will don the green cap with the white stripes—are still being worked out, but the main detail, as we have learned, is that jersey itself is expected to look similar to the White Elephants' 1930 road uniform.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

1 hour ago, roxfan00 said:

Please oh please wear those infamous Denver Bears strike zone unis too. 

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, dsaline97 said:

Please oh please wear those infamous Denver Bears strike zone unis too. 

Haven't they?  What a missed opportunity. 

5442153523_7741673310_o.jpg CkFGKLKUkAAGLS5.jpg

I could have sworn that they had.

EDIT:

This might be why I thought that, Todd Helton on the cover of the April 2003 issue of Rockies magazine:

6193434314_670066dd85_b.jpg

Was that just a publicity photo one-off, not worn in a game?

23 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Wait, were those really made to show off the strike zone is that a joke based on how they look?

It was very real..

5139828315_de8b679539_o.png

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

5442153523_7741673310_o.jpg CkFGKLKUkAAGLS5.jpg

I could have sworn that they had.

EDIT:

This might be why I thought that, Todd Helton on the cover of the April 2003 issue of Rockies magazine:

6193434314_670066dd85_b.jpg

Was that just a publicity photo one-off, not worn in a game?

Pretty sure it was just a magazine cover. But they should definitely run with this as a throwback for this season. 

spacer.png

30 minutes ago, roxfan00 said:

It was very real..

5139828315_de8b679539_o.png

Modern version of a strike zone uniform . . . 

841711288-st-louis-cardinals-v-san-franc

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

5442153523_7741673310_o.jpg 

Kids, back in my day, it was common to hear Vin Scully, Chuck Thompson or Curt Gowdy* say, "Striiiike . . . right across the letters . . . "

* -- Famous TV and radio broadcasters

21 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:
22 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

And the fact that Kreis is their manager makes ignoring them downright impossible.

Well, if it matters that much, you can have him back and we'll take Adrian Heath back :P

Believe me, I do not want Kreis back.  Please enjoy him.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

6 hours ago, leopard88 said:

Almost.

The fair -- Expo 67

The team -- debuted in 1969

I know this because my parents went to Expo 67 and I looked at this many times as a kid.

s-l225.jpg

Ahh...  I've never been good with dates.  Well, I suppose if I remembered that I'd know the Expos were in the class of 69 with... the Padres?  Jeez, this really is a blind spot for me.

The only reason I know about Expo 67 at all is because in my Architecture History class we learned about Habitat.

1200px-Habitat_panorama.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

17 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

They should wear those beautiful Denver Zephyrs uniforms with the nice green and blue colour scheme.

Image result for denver zephyrs    Related image

That would be great, because then I might be able to get a low-crown version of one of those hats and just pretend it's the New Orleans Zephyrs.

kU6ns.gif

Archived