MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

20 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

There’s also the other Brewers prototype that used a Pilots’ jersey as a base.

33400315650_5c5da9dfb1_o.png

This leaves us with three prototypes.

Indeed.  Here's the third:

MilwJournal_NewBrewerUniforms_1apr1970.j

I think this pinstriped version was the original plan, but for whatever reason there wasn't enough time to get those made.  So the Brewers decided to re-letter the Pilots' uniforms with the fancy font, but that also got scrapped, possibly for time.  At one point they considered using a block "M" on the chest, but discarded in favor of the block "BREWERS", which may have seemed more modern (at that point, the only teams using single-letters on their jerseys had been doing so for decades).

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

BAM! 

Brewjacked.

:D 

I was thinking the same thing.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Sorry to break up the Brewjack...

So I'm streaming the Mets Spring Training game this morning and the more I watch, the more I can't stand the single color white name and number on the back of the jersey especially when the jersey has a front number in the usual two (or more) color set up.  Looks disjointed and cheap on teams such as the Mets and Angels.  I can deal with it when there's no front number though.

1 hour ago, tp49 said:

So I'm streaming the Mets Spring Training game this morning and the more I watch, the more I can't stand the single color white name and number on the back of the jersey especially when the jersey has a front number in the usual two (or more) color set up.  Looks disjointed and cheap on teams such as the Mets and Angels.  I can deal with it when there's no front number though.

This whole spring training font thing is one of the stupidest uniform related element I've seen in pro sport. It looks like absolute :censored:...

13 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

The Rockies used the 25th anniversary alternate cap with the silver CR logo for photo day pictures last week. I was pretty certain photo day was for your primary home uniforms. I sure hope this doesn't mean that cap is gonna be their primary cap all season long. 

Those caps will be the Rockies home caps for this year only.  They announced the use of the new silver color with the anniversary patch.  I believe it will only be this season though, unless the team branding changes with UA next year.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

9 hours ago, tohasbo said:

I believe you may have forgotten the Giants "Gigantes" jerseys.  I think they are wearing them this year but am unsure of when that could happen

I feel like I should just make Hispanic Heritage jerseys for all teams instead of just trying to research which teams are actually wearing them.

33 minutes ago, itsmb8 said:

I feel like I should just make Hispanic Heritage jerseys for all teams instead of just trying to research which teams are actually wearing them.

Only ones that come to mind are Giants, Reds, Astros, and Royals.  I don't even know if the Mets still have theirs or not

4 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

Only ones that come to mind are Giants, Reds, Astros, and Royals.  I don't even know if the Mets still have theirs or not

The Diamondbacks do too with, get this, LOS D-BACKS...

On 3/1/2018 at 9:00 PM, itsmb8 said:

The Diamondbacks do too with, get this, LOS D-BACKS...

23 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Brewers / Cerveseros

Right I forgot all about those two. 

Based on last season looks like the Giants had TWO versions, the TIgers had one that said "Tigres", Braves had "Los Bravos", Athletics had "Athleticos", and Astros has "Los Astros" 

On 3/1/2018 at 3:14 PM, tp49 said:

It's the closest that any American sports league has ever gotten to using standardized numbers (a la the Premier League or MLS), and I absolutely hate it. Looks terrible on any team that uses two or more colors in their fonts/numbers (which are most teams). And even when a team just uses one-color numbers, it still looks like they're just dirty from a distance.

On 3/1/2018 at 10:31 AM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The whole uniform was great, even considering that it was a pullover/beltless.  I also dug the simplicity of the cap.

The uniform looked beautiful in the sunshine.

Related image

Sounds like an interesting list: the uniforms that look best in the sun.  My suggestions...

matt-chapman-of-the-oakland-athletics-tr

justin-turner-of-the-los-angeles-dodgers

Although I often hear that on the West Coast the Sun does different things to uniforms.

7 minutes ago, kroywen said:

It's the closest that any American sports league has ever gotten to using standardized numbers (a la the Premier League or MLS), and I absolutely hate it. Looks terrible on any team that uses two or more colors in their fonts/numbers (which are most teams). And even when a team just uses one-color numbers, it still looks like they're just dirty from a distance.

It's the exact fault in the New Era logo that causes it to be a major aesthetic issue.

spacer.png

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Sounds like an interesting list: the uniforms that look best in the sun.  My suggestions...

matt-chapman-of-the-oakland-athletics-tr

I would say that the A's mid-70s uniforms were the all-time best on this score.

The Mets' road uniforms were great in the sun, as well, making the 1973 World Series astoundingly gorgeous. It is my pick for the best-looking Series of all time.

CKiyB5S.jpg

gPtuzDM.jpg

a-2.jpg

11e70f8662346d6fa6677f881a2aba39.jpg

I love the bluish tint of the Mets' greys. And the A's look just magnificent.

(The ironic thing is that I revel in these pictures even though I am not in favour of day games in the World Series.)

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Archived