ANGELCAT-IDA61

MLB changes 2018?

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

That's not what I was discussing. Gothamite brought up the thing about small size applications, which is fine and which I agreed with. All I've been saying is that I don't think cap logos should be the primary logos, even though they are better in many applications and can definitely be used more frequently than primary logos. 

 

So a cap logo is better for use on social media and other platforms where it will be seen at a smaller scale? I 100% agree with that. 

 

But that doesn't mean a cap logo should be the primary logo, in my opinion. 

 

Who says the logo used on smaller platforms must be the primary logo? I see the Marlins Instagram every single day and all of spring training they've been using their spring training cap logo, not their primary logo.

It seems like you're letting the "title" of the logo trip you up.. The logo that is used "primarily" is the "primary" logo (or at least should be).. It also could be an issue regarding which logo the organization wants used in MOST applications.. The style guide can only contain so much info regarding usage, and perhaps teams got tired of media outlets using their primary in applications where it was the worst possible option (such as small graphics), so they just made the change to control more usage, while still having the ability to use the "detailed" logo (old primary) when necessary..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any confirmation on the Miami Marlins smaller cap logo? I've been poking around and haven't found anything concrete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Dinsmore16 said:

Is there any confirmation on the Miami Marlins smaller cap logo? I've been poking around and haven't found anything concrete.

Nothing concrete, but visually on Fanatics if you view the new Prolight caps from 2018 with the old caps from 2017, you'll see the bottom of the M is closer to the bill on older caps than it is in 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2018 at 3:21 PM, daveindc said:

 

Here's a better look at the logo:

 

 

 

 

Where's the gold outline? The Twins update their logo and color scheme then ignore it on the batting helmets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Where's the gold outline? The Twins update their logo and color scheme then ignore it on the batting helmets

 

Good. 

 

Shouldn't be any gold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Where's the gold outline? The Twins update their logo and color scheme then ignore it on the batting helmets

The gold outlines cap is, technically, an alternate. Their batting helmet looks like the primary hat, as it should. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

The gold outlines cap is, technically, an alternate. Their batting helmet looks like the primary hat, as it should. 

It's been their primary cap since 2015. They've been inconsistent with it's use in media and batting helmets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Dinsmore16 said:

Is there any confirmation on the Miami Marlins smaller cap logo? I've been poking around and haven't found anything concrete.

The only evidence has been literally looking at the caps compared to last year but there's been nothing official from the team or even from any retailers that I've seen. I feel like this won't be 100% confirmed until we see what they're wearing on Opening Day.

image.pngimage.png

https://twitter.com/Marlins/status/970720496034594825

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

It's been their primary cap since 2015. They've been inconsistent with it's use in media and batting helmets

@DiePerske is right the Twins TC cap with the gold outline is designated as an alternate, while the TC cap with a navy crown and bill and no outline is the team's designated home cap. It's weird, but it's the way it it is. Just check MLB Shop and see how they're listed.

 

Also, the Twins wear all navy batting helmets both at home and on the road, so I guess they went with a TC logo without the gold outline since it matches both the road cap as well as their home caps, which are worn with their alternate cream uniforms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Stu-BallsOmnicorp said:

@DiePerske is right the Twins TC cap with the gold outline is designated as an alternate, while the TC cap with a navy crown and bill and no outline is the team's designated home cap. It's weird, but it's the way it it is. Just check MLB Shop and see how they're listed.

 

Also, the Twins wear all navy batting helmets both at home and on the road, so I guess they went with a TC logo without the gold outline since it matches both the road cap as well as their home caps, which are worn with their alternate cream uniforms.

Yeah, that really is weird, considering the only time they wear the non-gold TC hat is with their throwback uniforms. The gold TC has been the standard with their home uniforms, while the road set always includes the non-gold TC with the red-brimmed hats. Those primary caps are the least-used ones in the set. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

The only evidence has been literally looking at the caps compared to last year but there's been nothing official from the team or even from any retailers that I've seen. I feel like this won't be 100% confirmed until we see what they're wearing on Opening Day.

image.pngimage.png

https://twitter.com/Marlins/status/970720496034594825

 

That's what I'm thinking. I heard that it may have been photoshopped for the media shoot, but that doesn't make sense to me, we'll have to wait and see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

This is not a drill. They've finally brought it back

 

Bravo to the Diamondbacks! :D It has been 22 years since a bullpen cart graced an MLB park. I'd love to see more teams go this route, especially with the Mariners; they should bring back the tugboat (and maybe the USS Mariner in center field, while we're at it...). :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dinsmore16 said:

That's what I'm thinking. I heard that it may have been photoshopped for the media shoot, but that doesn't make sense to me, we'll have to wait and see

I was told this too but I strongly doubt that. I have specifically seen both photos and video of the Marlins photo day and in all of them the players wore these smaller logo caps. Also, I find it very strange and time consuming that players would wear blank caps on photo day for the logo to be photoshopped in later. Seems ridiculous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Yeah, that really is weird, considering the only time they wear the non-gold TC hat is with their throwback uniforms. The gold TC has been the standard with their home uniforms, while the road set always includes the non-gold TC with the red-brimmed hats. Those primary caps are the least-used ones in the set. 

We should embrace the gold. Too many Navy and Red teams. We really should emphasize red and gold more. The red hat is honestly my favorite cap in twins history

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, monkeypower said:

 

Good. 

 

Shouldn't be any gold.

People complain about the monotony of all these navy and red teams then ostracize the Twins for breaking it up a little. The gold looks great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

People complain about the monotony of all these navy and red teams then ostracize the Twins for breaking it up a little.

 

When the same person does both those things, sure.  But a large community like this will have diverse opinions on disparate subjects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

We should embrace the gold. Too many Navy and Red teams. We really should emphasize red and gold more. The red hat is honestly my favorite cap in twins history

I'm not sure I'd go that far, but I actually enjoy that the gold (or limestone or sandstone or whatever they're calling it) is limited in use to the home set. That color dominates the palette of that stadium, so it makes perfect sense to incorporate in a small way into the home uniforms. Following the BFBS and GFFS eras of sports uniforms, I enjoy that a color was added to an existing set with a purpose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have seen the Yankees and Tigers so far with two different Spring Training jerseys. Are there any others out there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jayjackson3 said:

I have seen the Yankees and Tigers so far with two different Spring Training jerseys. Are there any others out there?

I believe all teams have two if not more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.