MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, kroywen said:

I meant that if the Marlins put a front number on that jersey, that it would look very similar to the White Sox (rather than looking similar to the Yankees). I personally do like the White Sox's jersey design.

Makes sense...thanks for clarifying.

1 hour ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

I... have no idea what you're referring to but I immediately want to know all about it.

mlb_e_tuboat11_600.jpg

Re: The Tugboat: For a few seasons in the early 1980s, the Mariners had this tugboat that was their bullpen car. It was called the "M.S. Relief".

C3C7QStUYAAjvxk%252520%2525281%252529.jp

Re: The USS Mariner: For most of the 1980s, the Kingdome, where the Mariners played then, also had this thing, the USS Mariner, which was situated in center field. Its cannon would go off whenever a Mariner player hit a home run. A miniature replica was given away at a Mariners game last summer.

UBwef0L.png

On 3/15/2018 at 7:57 AM, SilverBullet1929 said:

I'd still like his answer since he's the one that said it 

Okay, here's my answer:

On 3/15/2018 at 7:54 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

mlb_g_conine_sq_300_medium.jpg

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

8 hours ago, Flames1fan said:

Oh you dont like the on field caps?

There are two styles of on-field caps, regular 59fifty and low profile 59fifty. The low profile works best for the shape of my head and body.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Giants and Marlins look good combining the St Patrick's green with their oranges... A's using the kelly hats with their hunter jerseys is mind numbingly frustrating... Brewers oddly made their helmet logos green which is a weird clash as the helmet is still navy but I'm also perplexed in the sense of it being a waste of time and money lol... the rest of the teams that I saw all looked good to great, with the disclaimer that of course I've already said I support the green gear on St Patrick's Day in these meaningless exhibition games so most of the odd color combos or clashes or anything that just seems gaudy gets a general pass with me here. 

2 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Brewers oddly made their helmet logos green which is a weird clash as the helmet is still navy but I'm also perplexed in the sense of it being a waste of time and money lol... 

Doesn't seem odd to me (or a waste of time and money).  They didn’t want to buy new helmets. 

One-off caps are easier, and the Brewers wore green lids. 

DYgMCWvVMAES_Xz.jpg

still haven't fixed that :censored: ing logo, though. :mad:

20 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Doesn't seem odd to me (or a waste of time and money).  They didn’t want to buy new helmets. 

One-off caps are easier, and the Brewers wore green lids. 

DYgMCWvVMAES_Xz.jpg

still haven't fixed that :censored: ing logo, though. :mad:

How is it not a waste of money and time (as in the time it takes to produce them) to make a new helmet logo for something that will be worn one day for about 3 to 4 hours max? And what do you mean by buying new helmets? 

5 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

How is it not a waste of money and time (as in the time it takes to produce them) to make a new helmet logo for something that will be worn one day for about 3 to 4 hours max? And what do you mean by buying new helmets? 

It costs a little money, to be sure.   But a “waste”?  That seems hard to defend. 

And sometimes when teams do throwbacks and the like they have to buy a new set of helmets to match their throwbacks.  That would be a waste for an event like this.  

6 hours ago, Bill81361 said:

Some sizes available on Lids
hwl?set=sku%5B21000402%5D,c%5B2%5D,w%5B4hwl?set=sku%5B21000401%5D,c%5B2%5D,w%5B4hwl?set=sku%5B21000400%5D,c%5B2%5D,w%5B4

Yeah about these.  It's only going to be worn for the first week of the season.  That is at least what the team put out when they made the official announcement about the plans for their 20th anniversary season stuff

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

It costs a little money, to be sure.   But a “waste”?  That seems hard to defend. 

And sometimes when teams do throwbacks and the like they have to buy a new set of helmets to match their throwbacks.  That would be a waste for an event like this.  

Well I didn't mean it as if they were spending huge bucks on it. I just meant that almost every team got green caps and some got jerseys but the Brewers were for some reason the only team to go and get helmet decals for a one time event in a meaningless spring game. Just seemed odd for them to go above and beyond for this specific event. I wasn't trying to say they were suddenly gonna be in financial distress over these helmets. 

12 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

One-off stuff like this usually gets auctioned so I would think whatever money they "wasted" they will make back, or if it's for charity, then the money goes to a good cause.

bSLCtu2.png

10 hours ago, tohasbo said:

Yeah about these.  It's only going to be worn for the first week of the season.  That is at least what the team put out when they made the official announcement about the plans for their 20th anniversary season stuff

Seems kind of odd to wear them for just the first week. What if they go 5-0 in them? The jersey patch will be worn all season long, right?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived