MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

I dunno, maybe I'm wrong, but I think you guys are giving too much credit to the gradient uniforms only because they're back. If they had kept that same uniform for the last 20 years I don't think everyone would be loving it so much.

I feel like everyone ragged on it for years upon years and now seeing it again suddenly everyone loves it.

It looks cool to see now because it's one of those "so bad it's cool" jerseys like the rainbow guts Astros unis and the navy retro cap is pretty nice but there's still way too many things wrong with the 98 unis to suddenly be so in love with it. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Probably not for this year, since the DBacks no longer wear the sedona red hats.

But they have worn the navy caps when the DBacks are wearing black and even when they wear the teal alternates so maybe it's still happening, we'll have to wait and see for this year I guess. Here's evidence...

Image result for cardinals vs dbacks

5 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I dunno, maybe I'm wrong, but I think you guys are giving too much credit to the gradient uniforms only because they're back. If they had kept that same uniform for the last 20 years I don't think everyone would be loving it so much.

I feel like everyone ragged on it for years upon years and now seeing it again suddenly everyone loves it.

It looks cool to see now because it's one of those "so bad it's cool" jerseys like the rainbow guts Astros unis and the navy retro cap is pretty nice but there's still way too many things wrong with the 98 unis to suddenly be so in love with it. 

The gradient has flaws, but I like it better than the double blue Times New Roman look that has become a little stale. Plus I'll take underwater ray over sun ray any day.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

11 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The gradient has flaws, but I like it better than the double blue Times New Roman look that has become a little stale. Plus I'll take underwater ray over sun ray any day.

That's fair but I was more saying how it seemed like nobody liked the gradient and now suddenly they do. Extreme example but it'd be like if the Blue Jays went to the "Black Jays" look for a retro weekend and suddenly everyone loved it and wanted it brought back into the current look. 

On 3/31/2018 at 5:07 PM, AstroBull21 said:

Diamondbacks throwing back to 20years ago as well

Didn't see this posted anywhere, but the DBacks also went with the original "D" logo on the purple helmet for this game. Wish they could have matched the purple from then, but hey, I was just stoked to see the right logo on it.

2018:

Image result for dbacks 

1998:

Related image

37 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Black/Turquoise/Gold/Sand, whaddup?!? They don’t need purple.

Similarly, the Rattlers' color scheme would probably work too.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 4/1/2018 at 9:46 AM, DiePerske said:

Might(I have zero idea) have something to do with the fact all games are now on masn, and not over the air tv. 

The start times for the home games were announced late January, so I doubt that the TV contract was a factor.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

10 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Time to bring back pullovers and elastic waist bands

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

On 4/1/2018 at 7:06 PM, Brandon9485 said:

As previously mentioned, only against red capped teams. You’re limited to the Reds, Phillies, and Nats. 

As a Cards fan, this really ticks me off. 

If you count the rare interleague matchups, you can add the Angels and sometimes Rangers too.

Previously also had the DBacks too but they ditched the red hats this years.

I too wish they just stuck with the navy as the main road hat and if they had to use red at all use it for either getaway days or against other navy teams.

31 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I disagree.  

It bugs me that they still wear the navy cap at all; if your primary cap looks that good, you shouldn’t have a road cap.  Hell, you shouldn't even have an alternate.

Sell whatever merchandise you want, but wear your best look always. 

It's weird for me. Their home look is fantastic, but so does their navy road. I like both equally, and think both are their best look. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

I disagree.  

It bugs me that they still wear the navy cap at all; if your primary cap looks that good, you shouldn’t have a road cap.  Hell, you shouldn't even have an alternate.

Sell whatever merchandise you want, but wear your best look always. 

Agree to disagree then because I feel the navy cap with the road grays is superior to the red cap and road grays.

I agree the alternate Sunday cap is unnecessary. I hated it when it was first introduced, but I’ve come around. Their cream Saturday alt uniform is the worst. 

Ideally, the Cardinals should have just stuck a red bill on the road cap. All-red at home, with a red-billed navy cap on the road. A look that's just darkened enough for the road.

Then again, I often detest the idea that teams should always go "dark on the road." This is especially the case when the home cap is such a fantastic look:

487b84272ce073207d7b65f14b1120c0.jpg CUQt11ZWcAAD0DO.jpg  

atlanta-braves-tom-glavine-in-action-during-the-1995-major-league-picture-id81588304?k=6&m=81588304&s=612x612&w=0&h=T0WZXARXlDQ4KVt0wTs9f_iGVwdfEVBpGs3a5vi5Pok=

Just because the road uniform has a grey base doesn't give one the excuse to "dull" the design. 

Archived