MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/8/2018 at 8:55 PM, FightingGoldenDevil said:

That may be the most overrated throwback ever. It was garbage in 1979 and it’s garbage now. 

There are some sets that are so ugly they’re kind of cool, but this isn’t one of them.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

16 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

Watching Tigers-Indians right now and I see that Francisco Liriano has an undershirt on where the UA logo is on the sleeve. I don't have a screen shot of it but he did the same during ST this year. 

francisco-liriano-a98867c1b5d1bde2.jpg

Is he the only UA player who is doing this?

I didn't snap a pic of it, but some of the Astros' dugout personnel were wearing UA clothing during the game Sunday.  Polos or pullovers.  Glimpse into the future, I guess.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

34 minutes ago, Bill81361 said:

Saw this cap on Lids, labeled Authentic Collection, but I haven't seen any pictures of it being used in a game.

hwl?set=sku%5B21004564%5D,c%5B2%5D,w%5B4

oakland-athletics-shortstop-marcus-semie

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

18 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

White Sox and A's wearing 1968 throwbacks April 17th.

Dab99eiVMAAVpZP.jpg:large

It's nice that the A's are breaking these out!

And this time they are using vests, rather than the sleeveless jerseys that they wore ten years ago.

Image result for a's throwback 2008

While the vest is the historically accurate style, I think the sleeveless jersey looks better in this case.

At any rate, I am very pleased to see that the A's are doing this.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

On 3/29/2018 at 3:52 PM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Blue Jays added a banner for Roy Halladay.  Looks like it includes the current team logo.  Not a fan of using a logo and number font that he never used

c6d01dda-5fd3-447c-a8fb-e884c936c1cb.jpg

He retired as a Jay during the current uniform era.  Any reason not to use the Black Jays logo doesn't need to try very hard to be justified. 

banners

1 hour ago, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

You can't really tell from the pic above, but they're wearing the blue billed red caps with these right now.

Personally was hoping for a home white jersey with the team name script.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

13 minutes ago, bowld said:

Nats need to wear Blue hat with that jersey. Tried both combos on the show and blue on blue is much better

Nah I kinda like the red caps with navy jerseys. It's a unique look. They've worn that combo in the past with the navy patriotic jersey.

6 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

It's nice that the A's are breaking these out!

And this time they are using vests, rather than the sleeveless jerseys that they wore ten years ago.

(snip)

While the vest is the historically accurate style, I think the sleeveless jersey looks better in this case.

At any rate, I am very pleased to see that the A's are doing this.

They've also got a more accurate cap logo, which is nice.

However, that script still isn't chain-stitched like the original (a one-year deal for the A's - zoom in and you'll see):

1839a_Auc49_lg.jpeg

All things considered, that's a minor nitpick. I wouldn't mind a two-layer version of that script coming back on an alternate, or using the Old English "O" on an alternate cap.

Am I the only one who finds the Nats new alternate to look completely minor league. It doesn’t look like a real baseball uniform to me. I really don’t like it. In any case, I’d theyre going to have a navy alternate, have it say washington and wear it on the road.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Archived