MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, bowld said:

Side by side photo from the show 18. I personally like it better with standard Blue road hat-

Yo6ayOv.jpgimwgTEM.jpg

We've seen them wear their road cap with the navy patriotic jerseys already. 

Some people don't like a lighter colored cap with a darker colored jersey. I think it looks great here, especially with the navy brim. Perfect, distinct look for the Nats.

2 hours ago, Stu-BallsOmnicorp said:

It seems like the Brewers have been wearing the M logo for the most part from what I've seen. I wonder if they're doing that because they promoted that logo to the primary.

I'd tend to doubt it.  They've already worn the throwback alternates a couple times.

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 5:36 AM, WSU151 said:

The angle of the script, which has been discussed a lot, is the only weird thing about these jerseys. But the script is a billion times better than the W, especially when the sleeve patch on all the jerseys is a W in a roundel.

Agreed on both points. For some reason, both beltway teams have issues with their scripts and angles. The Baltimore road script had this same problem the first year, then the Orioles just tilted it clockwise, putting the letters on an awkward angle. A random message board slob working on a freeware photo editor can fix both of these teams' script issues in about 20 minutes, yet two major league franchises can't fix this. Insane.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

If wearing a colored jersey, the crown of the cap should match.  

The brim can either match the crown (OK in 100% of situations) or match the chest lettering color (OK in most situations.)

In this case, the chest lettering should be red, and then the navy crown / red bill cap would be fine.  The numbers could be either red or white.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

19 hours ago, Stu-BallsOmnicorp said:

It seems like the Brewers have been wearing the M logo for the most part from what I've seen. I wonder if they're doing that because they promoted that logo to the primary.

If they feel they have to keep the navy and yellow ball in glove logo and look then I like the thought of it being just the spring training look. Along with keeping the royal blue ball in glove as a Friday home alternate only and then just using the M logo for everything else at least organizes their multiple styles a little better and designates their designs to specific uses. Muddles it a little less. 

On 4/10/2018 at 1:28 PM, coco1997 said:

White Sox and A's wearing 1968 throwbacks April 17th.

Dab99eiVMAAVpZP.jpg:large

10 hours ago, daveindc said:

I'm going to assume the White Sox know what uniforms they wore in 1968 (particularly since the uniform in the second post includes a 1968-specific patch).  However, Dressed To The Nines says the 1968 road uniform was powder blue . . . with the patch.

al_1968_chicago.gif

The following uniforms are also listed online as game-worn 1968 jerseys.

5218b1ad47cf0dd6a86bf5879fe9b982.jpg7199_01_lg.jpg1968-hoyt-wilhelm-chicago-white-sox-game

The grey road uniforms arrived in 1969 . . . with a white script wordmark and number.

al_1969_chicago.gif

4e904da5cfcc015b7cf8344fa287a67e.jpg0b50e4c48f4ba2451e5d9a16575969eb--chicag

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

10 hours ago, daveindc said:

Also, upon a second look at this post, the wordmark, number and patch look black in these pictures.  They appear to match the black background. That would definitely be incorrect.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

I think it's powder blue (just awful lighting that makes it look gray). The closeup of the sleeve definitely shows a more bluish hue than the full jersey. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

14 hours ago, TheOldRoman said:

Agreed on both points. For some reason, both beltway teams have issues with their scripts and angles. The Baltimore road script had this same problem the first year, then the Orioles just tilted it clockwise, putting the letters on an awkward angle. A random message board slob working on a freeware photo editor can fix both of these teams' script issues in about 20 minutes, yet two major league franchises can't fix this. Insane.

And I can prove it!

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Just now, shstpt1 said:

The lighting in that jersey closeup is terrible... the promo pic from the A's shows that its a powder blue jersey and Navy wordmark. 

Are you sure it's just the lighting?  I hope you're right, but I can't imagine that lighting alone could make the bright powder blue look grey (though I could see it perhaps making dark royal/navy blue look black).

12 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

Are you sure it's just the lighting?  I hope you're right, but I can't imagine that lighting alone could make the bright powder blue look grey (though I could see it perhaps making dark royal/navy blue look black).

Pretty sure. The white in the White Sox logo behind the jersey looks yellowish. Also, compare the jersey color to the outline on the "SOX". Its definitely a blue color

On 4/11/2018 at 7:35 AM, jgiff17 said:

The script is very weird. Why not just leave the number off and make the script straight? 

Not just the angle, but the thing that really gets me on their script is all the sharp angles between letters.  It just seems odd to me with the loopy, curly W, how they have the straight lines connecting the letters, especially the a-t-i-o, and the a-l.  If they were curvy like the hat logo, I think it would be a lot better.

1814_washington_nationals-jersey-2018.pn

2 hours ago, leopard88 said:

A simple adjustment of the brightness and warmth of the image reveals the jersey is indeed light blue with navy lettering.

IMG_20180413_134313_585.jpg?format=2500w

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I think it's powder blue (just awful lighting that makes it look gray). The closeup of the sleeve definitely shows a more bluish hue than the full jersey. 

I think it's also a filter used as well. There's a lot of weird hue things going on in this picture.

This all makes me feel much better.  I was hoping the White Sox didn't find a way to screw up something so simple.

Archived