American Collegiate Football Association: A Fictional College Football League

KINGCHANCELLOR

O2w5SaH.jpg

Since I was a kid, I loved creating fictional leagues. Basketball, Football, Baseball. But the one I've currently spent the most time with is the ACFA. I have become committed to turning this league into reality and would love your guys feedback as I release content. For now, I have just created the league logo, but soon I'll have the conferences and the teams. I've stated on previous threads I'm not the best at making logos, especially animals ones, so if anyone you guys want to help a brother out, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading my spiel, I should have the first conference out sometime today!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really waiting for your concepts! I just think the tilted star making the American A should be rightened and maybe used also in the other As of the script.

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

While I finish the last conference, here's the first team. 

JASPER UNIVERSITY (Jasper, MN): The Golden Bears originally began as the Bears of Ol' Jasper, but that name was too long so it was shortened in 1901 to the Golden Bears, named after the founder Tommy "Golden" Schmitt. When the ACFA began to play in the 1950's, Jasper was a force to be reckoned with in the Northern 4 (now Northern 6). 12 Conference Titles and 3 National Championships, Jasper was a perennial powerhouse. Today, their bottom feeders in the conference they once dominated. In 2016, they only won 2 games. Head Coach Bobby Calhoun and his staff were fired, and hotshot head coach Stuart Harris from Western California was hired in his place. Harris has gone on record to say that, "Jasper will be great again", a promise of change within the Jasper football program.

x3RkmHa.jpg

Yellow on white is not going to be easy to read. Try adding some brown, maybe as striping on numbers. Good work with the overall identity!

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

On 9/19/2017 at 3:18 PM, KINGCHANCELLOR said:

Conference 1: Northern Six Athletic Conference

3TtpDPz.jpg

Please tell me that's a placeholder logo.

Love the premise of this series.  I love messing around with alternate realities.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

16 hours ago, KINGCHANCELLOR said:

JASPER UNIVERSITY (Jasper, MN): The Golden Bears originally began as the Bears of Ol' Jasper, but that name was too long so it was shortened in 1901 to the Golden Bears, named after the founder Tommy "Golden" Schmitt. When the ACFA began to play in the 1950's, Jasper was a force to be reckoned with in the Northern 4 (now Northern 6). 12 Conference Titles and 3 National Championships, Jasper was a perennial powerhouse. Today, their bottom feeders in the conference they once dominated. In 2016, they only won 2 games. Head Coach Bobby Calhoun and his staff were fired, and hotshot head coach Stuart Harris from Western California was hired in his place. Harris has gone on record to say that, "Jasper will be great again", a promise of change within the Jasper football program.

x3RkmHa.jpg

Road jersey is begging for some brown.  Other than that, no complaints.

17 hours ago, KINGCHANCELLOR said:

x3RkmHa.jpg

I live close to Jasper. It has 600ish people living in it. But I love the color scheme. Brown and Gold/Yellow is a criminally underused look

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

2 hours ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

I live close to Jasper. It has 600ish people living in it. But I love the color scheme. Brown and Gold/Yellow is a criminally underused look

Agreed.

(rants about the Padres)

2 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Please tell me that's a placeholder logo.

Love the premise of this series.  I love messing around with alternate realities.

My friend and I have become quite fond of the Big N6 'logo', but there have been ideas to change it. I know for certain I'm changing the X for Big South. If you want to help me make a new one, I'd love to collaborate :)

8 hours ago, Pulv! said:

Yellow on white is not going to be easy to read. Try adding some brown, maybe as striping on numbers. Good work with the overall identity!

The little kid in me loves yellow on white for no reason other than it looks cool, but I'm gonna change it haha. Thanks for the input @Pulv! and @FightingGoldenDevil

Archived