NBA 2017-18: A Tale of Two Conferences

buzzcut

On 12/2/2017 at 12:14 PM, ozzyman314 said:

Why is Devin Booker still wasting his career with the Suns? 

The Suns are making a career for Devin Booker right now. If he's anywhere else he's a marginal player.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

The moment Kobe changed uniform numbers, I knew why...

...and it worked.  

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I thought maybe they'd do a split-number thing on one jersey, rather than make a whole separate one.  

Some teams put the years that the player played under the banner.  I wonder if they'd split that up here and only put the years he wore each number?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Holy Gee, Michael Beasley is ballin'! And he is just 28.

Here's the 2008 draft just to let folks know that if "The Process" started then, the Sixers weren't getting All-NBA players with each pick. Top 5 guys since 2008 haven't made the All Star Gane or All NBA squads a lot.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_NBA_draft

Also nice to see that he got himself back on track. I thought he'd be out of the league by now due to his early shenanigans. 

sig.png

If the NBA is going to insist on playing regular season games on other continents, I wish they would be played at the very start of the season. Celtics have 19 games this month and 12 next month, with 5-6 days off on either side of the single London game. It's all out of whack. To say nothing of having to do a London trip and a West Coast trip in the same month.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I stayed up late last night and got to catch most of the first half of Lakers-Warriors, and I have to say, I was impressed with the Lakers as a whole. They kept it close. And I was impressed with Lonzo Ball. Yeah he made some dumb turnovers, but what rookie doesn’t? He played hard, shot well, and was a threat in several areas of the game. He’s got a bright future. 

spacer.png

Cavs bench not showing up is why they lost that game. That being said, how long is this LeBron not getting calls at the rim thing gonna go? Been some years now. I know he is freight train and it doesn’t look bad when he gets hit, but he still gets hit. You gotta call that.

Cavs need to move TT and the Nets pick for DeAndre Jordan. I've defended Thompson a lot, but he seems to have lost whatever he had in the 2016 Finals.

It'll be really interesting to see how their scoring picks up when Thomas starts playing. You don't automatically add 30 points to each game, but IT has been an elite scorer who can create his own shot. Him doing that makes everything easier for James, Wade and Korver. Hopefully they get enough on that end to cover up for defense.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I watched about 10 minutes of the game last night. The Cavs left Carter open and he killed them. Willie Cauley-Stein also killed them in the middle. The Cavs need a defensive center real bad; JaVale McGee will do the same thing to them in Finals.

The Thunder seem to have finally figured it out, which is exciting for them. I was beginning to feel bad for Paul George finally getting traded, only to seemingly Ewing Theory himself in Indiana.

Speaking of, holy :censored: Victor Oladipo. I was among those who thought the Pacers were completely fleeced by Sam Presti (the actually good GM named Sam), but turns out it was far more even. Maybe even better for Indiana, given that Oladipo is a top eight player in the east and Sabonis might be good for a decade.

The Sixers are 2-8 in their last ten. I didn't think this was supposed to happen?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived