NBA 2017-18: A Tale of Two Conferences

buzzcut

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

LeBron's surrounded by 4 guys that have never won a meaningful game and suddenly Cleveland is already being treated like the '96 Bulls?

People were treating them like the 96 bulls even before they blew up & rebuilt everything at the Trade deadline. 

Let's see how this news Cavs team does against SA & OKC. 

I think any team would have been caught off guard by this new Cavs team, there wasn't really any good way to prepare for them since the team literally completely changed overnight. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

17 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

LeBron's surrounded by 4 guys that have never won a meaningful game and suddenly Cleveland is already being treated like the '96 Bulls?

You're the only person saying this.

I'm glad it's working out for Crowder. He looked absolutely miserable in Cleveland and was so much better in Boston. Interesting though that he ended up swapping places with Hayward after all.

EDIT:

Just now, ozzyman314 said:

People were treating them like the 96 bulls even before they blew up & rebuilt everything at the Trade deadline. 

Let's see how this news Cavs team does against SA & OKC. 

I think any team would have been caught off guard by this new Cavs team, there wasn't really any good way to prepare for them since the team literally completely changed overnight. 

No. No one was doing this.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Still feel it's way too early to call the East right now..... but the Raptors have the best shot.

Casey has finally seen the light and were not playing ISO-ball anymore. The team has learned to trust in JV (he's even hitting three pointers now!) & the bench unit has learned how to play for each other, not just individual glory. I haven't seen team cohesion like this in a while, and the fact we also have a Top 5 offense & defense is stunning. 

It's no longer just the Lowry & DeRozan show in Toronto..... I think we finally might see this team in the Finals. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

4 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Still feel it's way too early to call the East right now..... but the Raptors have the best shot.

Casey has finally seen the light and were not playing ISO-ball anymore. The team has learned to trust in JV (he's even hitting three pointers now!) & the bench unit has learned how to play for each other, not just individual glory. I haven't seen team cohesion like this in a while, and the fact we also have a Top 5 offense & defense is stunning. 

It's no longer just the Lowry & DeRozan show in Toronto..... I think we finally might see this team in the Finals. 

That finals would be over in about 4 minutes 

LeBron on Trae Young deciding to go pro:

What decision? That's like saying am I waking up this morning, that ain't no decision. Brushing my teeth. Ain't no decision. He better go pro.

I think these Player's Only broadcasts might be a little better if Brent Barry weren't doing his best Mike Breen impersonation.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

9 hours ago, Wings said:

Nice win the my Blazers. Still won't win a title anytime soon though. Refs surely don't like the Warriors. Understandable with Draymond but Steph gets mugged all the time. 

Steph's first free throws last night were at something like less than 5 minutes to go. That seemed weird. But also, he only seems to be playing inside if he's getting rebounds; I don't see him going to the hoop that much.

It's no big secret, but Kevin Durant is really, really good. I think he took a leap from the playoffs last season through this year because he's scoring, defending, passing, blocking shots. It may be easier to be great when you're on a team with other great players, but I think everyone else except Durant is largely tired (Klay, Steph) or losing a step (Draymond, others).

The Lakers stopped being fun :(

"This is what I always say about the NBA, you guys listen to people"

What, people like the NHL who came up with this concept seven years ago? Am I the only person on Earth who doesn't want to blow the NBA? Did someone offstage applaud her?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

No one pays attention to the NHL and the NBA's chief cultural comparison is the NFL. By the NFL's standards of cultural ineptness, the NBA is a refreshing.

And clearly you're not the only person who doesn't want to blow the NBA. There are plenty of KKK members who would never do that either. (Kidding!!!) But I get that the NBA gets lumped in with other slacktivist movements that can also be annoying, but whatever.  Brands aren't our friends but I don't mind when they're not evil.

Archived