NBA 2017-18: A Tale of Two Conferences

buzzcut

That double-tap dunk was really special. Donovan Mitchell had the better night, but I don't think I've ever seen anything like what Nance did.

Fun dunk contest!

EDIT: Here it is: https://streamable.com/e9oij

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DG_Now said:

That double-tap dunk was really special. Donovan Mitchell had the better night, but I don't think I've ever seen anything like what Nance did.

Fun dunk contest!

EDIT: Here it is: https://streamable.com/e9oij

Dwight already did it better ten years ago:

Gotta say, I was pretty disappointed by the dunk contest. Way too many tribute dunks in old players' jerseys. The only dunk that impressed me was Dennis Smith's 360-through-the-legs dunk, and he didn't even make the finals.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Agreed. I thought the Dwight Howard tap dunk was much better than Nance's two hand dunk. 

Overall though this dunk contest was better than last year's dud.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I think the Nance dunk is different because he uses to hands and he does the tap when he's up there, while Howard did it on the ascent. Both are cool though.

I'm not sure what's up with JJ Redick: https://streamable.com/rfjc6

The link is a video of NBA players wishing Chinese fans happy new year. Redick says "I wish all the NBA ch*nk fans of China..." I can't believe he would be that stupid and maybe it was a weird mispronunciation. But it clearly sounds like a slur. NBA Reddit has blown up about it. His Twitter isn't that great right now either. If thre's anything true about the NBA right now, it's that you can't piss off China.

EDIT:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

4 hours ago, DG_Now said:

I think the Nance dunk is different because he uses to hands and he does the tap when he's up there, while Howard did it on the ascent. Both are cool though.

The link is a video of NBA players wishing Chinese fans happy new year. Redick says "I wish all the NBA ch*nk fans of China..." I can't believe he would be that stupid and maybe it was a weird mispronunciation. But it clearly sounds like a slur. NBA Reddit has blown up about it. His Twitter isn't that great right now either. If thre's anything true about the NBA right now, it's that you can't piss off China.

EDIT:

i would like to know how did the video get out in the first place.  i would have thought they would have redone his spot.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

Excellent All Star Game! Got a little bored with the zero pass, early shot clock, long three point attempt possessions at the start of the game, but it really improved. More than a passable effort throughout by almost every player and the fourth quarter was great. It seems that the draft made it more fun for the players. Televising it will obviously happen next year. My only other suggestion would be to completely open up player selection: take the top 24 players regardless of conference and let the captains choose anyone from that pool regardless of who the "starters" are. 

Thank god C-Webb was on mic. Cannot stand Reggie Miller in any setting and Marv Albert's assessment of the defense on every single possession got very old, very fast. Does any other league have so many announcers that simply refuse to let fans enjoy what they're watching?

PJU85JF.png

10 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

If Team Steph won, does DeRozan or Lillard win MVP? 

Why not Embiid?

I was out last night so watched the replay this morning. Really fun game! Especially at the end. If Durant and LeBron ever played for an actual team together, Jesus Christ. The way they swallowed up Steph at the end there was disgusting.

Lastly, can everyone in the Black Eyed Peas community disappear forever? Fergie pretending to be Marvin Gaye was an embarrassment to everyone.

EDIT:

Sometimes the NBA is the best. You can't hear the whole audience laughing during other sports' national anthems.

On 2/18/2018 at 12:02 PM, DG_Now said:

EDIT:

I just saw the video.  His explanation of changing the wording mid sentence and getting tongue tied seems to make sense, and he posted a longer explanation which IMO closes the book on it.  I don't know anything about him, but from what I've heard he sounds like an intelligent fellow and certainly smart enough to know not to use that word, even if it was part of his vocabulary.  This seems like a non-issue and just an unfortunate verbal gaffe, which happens to everyone, it's just that this time it sounded exactly like a slur.  The real issue is why it wasn't caught and re-shot instantly.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On the one hand, Duke (kidding).

But yeah, it was weird that he seemed to have said a slur so clearly, but he probably has a microphone shoved in front of his face constantly. Someone really should have caught that during editing.

I guess Lebron said in some interview that the Sixers were one of the best teams in the East, or at least one that would be contending for the title soon, then Ben Simmons posted the photo below with the caption of "June 30th Midnight" (apparently James posted something also about Simmons and Embiid though I can't find it) then James posted a photo of himself getting a triple double in a video game as the Sixers.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Is Ben Simmons with Klutch?

Maybe LeBron goes to Philadelphia -- it'd be a good fit -- but I think this is more repping his sports talent agency (which is clearly totally normal no its not).

Archived