NBA 2017-18: A Tale of Two Conferences

buzzcut

25 minutes ago, The Six said:

Westbrook's signing of the extension is just gonna make it even sweeter when he goes to the Lakers next year.

Y'all... y'all know how contracts work right? Unless a trade happens, he's in OKC for the next 6 years.

When the conferences get really lop-sided like this we tend to get "new" stars. That is, players in the east should gain experience and confidence from being out of those stars' shadows and not having to be defended by them as much. Players in the east that were on the cusp of stardom in the last 2 years should surge this year (we're talking Porzingis, Gordon, Antetokounmpo, Porter, etc.) After all, we need new players to go west in 3-4 years!

So the difference between Greg Oden and Joel Embiid is that one is better at doing Twitter yuks. And I laugh at myself, while the tears roll down, 'cause it's the world I know, oh it's the world I know, shangalangadang-adang-adang a-langa shangalangadang-adang-adang

You did it again Philly.

Markelle Fultz’s right shoulder seemed to bother him as he raised his arm to put on his t-shirt after Monday night’s loss to the Boston Celtics.

His shooting mechanics during the game made it obvious that the 76ers point guard was still dealing with the soreness that had forced him to sit out Friday night’s game vs. the Celtics. However, he downplayed the injury after Monday’s setback. Fultz said that  it was something he has to play through and that the team was making great strides every day to get it better.

“I think his shoulder is affecting him more than he lets on,” coach Brett Brown said. “You can tell with his free throw, you know, trying to get that ball up. Its follow from his body.

But he’s been working on just trying to get that thing rehabilitated.”