Jump to content

NBA 2017-18: A Tale of Two Conferences


buzzcut
 Share

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

When you're a rookie, and it's your second career game, it doesn't matter who you played. Going 29-11-9 is ridiculous. 

 

The Lakers might have finally drafted their next superstar. 

Matt, we know you're a Laker Stan, but the last few days should've alerted you not to be such a homer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

When you're a rookie, and it's your second career game, it doesn't matter who you played. Going 29-11-9 is ridiculous. 

 

The Lakers might have finally drafted their next superstar. 

Not if Patrick Beverley has anything to say about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, rickyISking said:

Not if Patrick Beverley has anything to say about it.

 

Well that's four games a season. There's also four against the Suns.

 

Lonzo won't average a near triple double all season, but he did go for 29/11/9 in an NBA game. I know that aberrations happen -- Corey Brewer scored 50 points once -- but Lonzo showed he belongs and is worth watching.

 

And, say what you will, but for being likely the most-hyped rookie since LeBron (if not him, who?), he's handled himself remarkably well. I can't imagine the pressure he must be feeling and it doesn't seem to show at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

 

Well that's four games a season. There's also four against the Suns.

 

Lonzo won't average a near triple double all season, but he did go for 29/11/9 in an NBA game. I know that aberrations happen -- Corey Brewer scored 50 points once -- but Lonzo showed he belongs and is worth watching.

 

And, say what you will, but for being likely the most-hyped rookie since LeBron (if not him, who?), he's handled himself remarkably well. I can't imagine the pressure he must be feeling and it doesn't seem to show at all.

He's handling it well, but he really isn't being talked to; his Pops is. The pressure is on his face though and it's apparent as Pops or Magic needs to get him a (better) dermatologist. You have money, fix the breakouts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Ha! He does have Durant-level zits, doesn't he.

All three of dem boys got serious acne. Gotta be from the Mom's side.

 

And they're L.A. natives; it's not like even an average dermatologist is scarce. Just get one from the UCLA Medical Center.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dfwabel said:

He's handling it well, but he really isn't being talked to; his Pops is. The pressure is on his face though and it's apparent as Pops or Magic needs to get him a (better) dermatologist. You have money, fix the breakouts.

Yeah, I was gonna say, people are talking about his sexist, big-mouthed dad more than the actual player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Warriors lost their cool tonight. Curry started yelling at the ref because he didn't get a +1 after a drive to the hoop and got tossed. You want people to hate you, that's one way to do it. Durant said something and got sent off too. Ridiculous. Just take a loss with some class.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know it’s only three games in, but the Jazz look good. Rubio has made a huge difference already with the way he opens up the offense. Ingles is stepping up a lot, Mitchell can really make plays, Gobert looks even more improved than he already was, and beating OKC like we did was a really pleasant surprise. 

 

Again, it’s still early, but they may not drop off as much as I’d thought.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.