Who looks better than ever?

DrJack

I think the entire NFC North has reached a collective modern apex, as all teams have great looks, good alternates, and visually represent their cities/franchise history appropriately.  

The Bills are easily at their best in team history.  I can't think of any other teams that spring to mind as "they're at the top of their uniform game over the last 25 years," at least in the NFL.

As far as hockey goes, the Dallas Stars are likely at their "best," which isn't saying much considering how whatever they've been over the years.  

Buffalo Sabres are nailing it, too.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:
5 hours ago, Jack Holmes said:

I also think this is the best the Marlins have ever looked:

stanton-940x526.jpg

Definitely an unpopular opinion but I love that you think this. That's my team and I appreciate the love for our look...

Add me to the Marlins club. 

Other teams off the top of my head: Bills, Blue Jays, and Mets. 

BB52Big.jpg

4 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Add me to the Marlins club. 

Other teams off the top of my head: Bills, Blue Jays, and Mets. 

I almost put the Marlins, too.  But I think it's a close race with their original look...but the Marlins is one of the best examples of a uniform that I warmed up greatly to following a very negative initial reaction.

Given that the uniforms are so close, I definitely like the change, with the tiebreaker being "Miami Marlins" > "Florida Marlins."

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

10 minutes ago, CS85 said:

I think the entire NFC North has reached a collective modern apex, as all teams have great looks, good alternates, and visually represent their cities/franchise history appropriately.  

The Bills are easily at their best in team history.  I can't think of any other teams that spring to mind as "they're at the top of their uniform game over the last 25 years," at least in the NFL.

As far as hockey goes, the Dallas Stars are likely at their "best," which isn't saying much considering how whatever they've been over the years.  

Buffalo Sabres are nailing it, too.

The NFC North is a great division.  Traditional teams with traditional looks.  Given that the Bears and Packers change very little, the Lions and Vikings are the variables.  For me the mid-1990s is the division's peak.  The Lions were absolute perfection during the Barry Sanders era.  And that's my favorite Vikings look as well, too...they had better use of the yellow and were less gimmicky.  And I'll always have an affinity for the UCLA-striped road jersey.  But I agree that with the Lions dropping black, the NFC North is the best division.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

5 hours ago, Jack Holmes said:

Controversially or not, I think the Seahawks are in peak form:

Russell Wilson Oakland Raiders v Seattle

I also think this is the best the Marlins have ever looked:

stanton-940x526.jpg

No and no.

Related image  Image result for marlins 1994 yearbook

Good call earlier in the thread by @insert name on the Mets being at their aesthetic peak right now.  The only thing that could be slightly better would be the use of varsity numbers on the road, a style which complements the "New York" wordmark a little better than the block style does.

Image result for tug mcgraw 1973

Image result for mets 2017 ramos

But that's a quibble.  The Mets look great.  Getting rid of that ridiculous black was a great move.  The drop shadow just made their lettering look blurry.

In the NFL, the only team that is at its best now is the Raiders, who have the advantage of presenting a longstanding traditional look without worrying about stripes.

My other picks are the Toronto Argonauts (notwithstanding the truncated stripes issue on the jersey and pants)

Related image  Image result for toronto argonauts 2017

Image result for toronto argonauts 2017

...and the Toronto Raptors, whose clean and dignified look contrasts sharply and favourably with the garish uniforms in their past.

Related image

The Blue Jays also look great, even if they are just a tad off their all-time great uniforms.  So Toronto clearly wins as the best-dressed city, despite the Maple Leafs' dramatic downgrade to the sloppy leaf logo from the sharp one that they had had for so long.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

I think the Raptors are at an all-time low, honestly.  Their brand has gotten progressively more bland and lifeless for years now.  I think they peaked with the Vinsanity-era Raps uniforms that were modern but still had flavor.  

Vince-Carter-Getty.jpg

Now they're just another minimalist team with red and black.  Not interesting whatsoever.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

2 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

ill stick to NFL.

Bengals

Ravens

Broncos

Raiders

Patriots

Jets

Bills

Packers

Vikings

Falcons

Eagles

Giants

Cardinals

49ers

Seahawks

obviously "best they've ever looked" is not equal to "great uniform"

I'm going to have to say definitely not for the Cardinals, Broncos, Patriots, Vikings, Falcons, Eagles and Bills.

The Seahawks may be an unpopular opinion, but they have grown on me.

I would probably add the Chiefs, Bears and possibly the Redskins to your list.

Regarding the Seahawks:

1st:

IMG_0675.PNG.620157a1d646ad398df5178f1bcc4a70.PNG

2nd:IMG_0673.JPG.b74d599ad212daf070d1fbe2acfa52b2.JPG

3rd:IMG_0674.JPG.7d1bfb5defdead623aa7b9538fab82ab.JPG

The 'Hawks current it look is unique and is one of my favorite pant stripes in the league. One of my favorite Nike sets. The only negative is the wordmark below the shoulder. 

Funny: I'd go the exact opposite on Seattle.  I thought that blue shade (slate?) they used was really nice.  I actually went to Ebay and bought an authentic Shawn Springs jersey (after he'd left) cheap just because I liked it so much.  I think the pants held the set back (maybe they should have gone with the darker blue), but I really liked everything else they did.  I was my opinion had been more popular and they'd have kept it.

The original set (along iwth the one with the logo on the sleeve) was really nice but after they moved on it looks a bit dated...the logo's a big to square and clunky.  

I initially hated the current set...I'm somewhat used to it (or maybe the Jags and Bucs just make it seem tame).  But I still rank it last.

POTD (Shared)

26 minutes ago, ~Bear said:

Regarding the Seahawks:

1st:

IMG_0675.PNG.620157a1d646ad398df5178f1bcc4a70.PNG

2nd:IMG_0673.JPG.b74d599ad212daf070d1fbe2acfa52b2.JPG

3rd:IMG_0674.JPG.7d1bfb5defdead623aa7b9538fab82ab.JPG

The 'Hawks current it look is unique and is one of my favorite pant stripes in the league. One of my favorite Nike sets. The only negative is the wordmark below the shoulder. 

I always thought the Reebok era uniforms were their best. 

XM4KeeA.png

I don't hate any of their uniforms, but I never was a huge fan of the slate blue, nor the lack of green. I always thought grey/navy/green worked better than slate blue/navy/hints of green. Also I'm not a big fan of the font; probably my least favorite of the three. 

4 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

The NFC North is a great division.  Traditional teams with traditional looks.  Given that the Bears and Packers change very little, the Lions and Vikings are the variables.  For me the mid-1990s is the division's peak.  The Lions were absolute perfection during the Barry Sanders era.  And that's my favorite Vikings look as well, too...they had better use of the yellow and were less gimmicky.  And I'll always have an affinity for the UCLA-striped road jersey.  But I agree that with the Lions dropping black, the NFC North is the best division.

I don't disagree, but I'd go back a decade further. I love the look of the NFC North teams in the mid-'80s. The Vikings were still rocking the 70s-era classics, but with purple facemasks instead of gray and white. The Lions and Bears wore their standard, classic looks. The Packers had some variants -- the G on the sleeves, the numbers on the pants -- but still classic. AND as a bonus, the division back then included the the Buccaneers classic Creamsicle uniforms. 

1 minute ago, gosioux76 said:

I don't disagree, but I'd go back a decade further. I love the look of the NFC North teams in the mid-'80s. The Vikings were still rocking the 70s-era classics, but with purple facemasks instead of gray and white. The Lions and Bears wore their standard, classic looks. The Packers had some variants -- the G on the sleeves, the numbers on the pants -- but still classic. AND as a bonus, the division back then included the the Buccaneers classic Creamsicle uniforms. 

I know I'm in the minority, but a sticking point for me has always been yellow-outlined numbers for the Vikings.  In the 80s, the yellow was the center pants stripe, the sliver on the helmet logo and thin lines around the northwestern stripes (at home; the center UCLA stripe on the road).  I think the 1990s look made them look like a purple/yellow team instead of just a purple team.  I was actually a pretty big fan of the white jersey in the 1980s, but I really liked the next version.  I am also probably a bigger fan of sleeve logos (particularly when there were sleeves) than most

POTD (Shared)

21 minutes ago, Ark said:
25 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Image result for atlanta falcons 1985

oaWtEiu.jpg

fixed

That's a nice uniform -- for the Orlando Predators.

For the Falcons the swapping of red and black is a downgrade.  The black logo gets lost in the black helmet, rather than popping on the red helmet.  It's a total waste of a great design.  

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

21 hours ago, Duck_Duck said:

I was pondering this question recently . . . Which teams are wearing the best uniforms they've ever worn?  I'm a fan of classic uniforms, but I'm a bigger fan of high quality design.  I'd hope that when new uniforms get released they're accomplishing the goal of improving on what they had before, but so often I find myself thinking "downgrade" or "just go back to ______".  

What teams are currently wearing uniforms that are actually superior to all their previous iterations?  

I've had a very hard time coming up with any candidates outside of a handful obvious classics, so I'm going to go with a fairly odd one.  The Milwaukee Bucks.  They've had some pretty garish unis in their history and while their new look took me a little while to get used to, I think they're the best they've ever had.  Professional and clean, but also original.  

BUX.JPG

Bucks best uniform ever is the one with a Harley logo on the side? No thanks.

90758391980.gif

Archived