2018 FIFA World Cup Kits

UnclearInitial

6 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

the fonts this year SUCK! puma's are a little too wacky and adidas are not even close to good

Maybe to give it a Russian feel? Im not feeling it either. What ever happen to having originality? 

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

Maybe to give it a Russian feel? Im not feeling it either. What ever happen to having originality? 

adidas claimed theirs is based on Russia, Puma I have no clue about. Only Nike has ever given out team specific fonts for their World Cup teams. It's infuriating with adidas because they have such nice fonts for their club teams. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Adidas’s font this year doesn’t bother me, seems if anything to be in line with their retro aesthetic across the board; plus they’ve been doing that sort of blocky, digital look for several typefaces in a row.

do manufacturers determine the typeface for clubs too? I ask because Liverpool had the same very nice one across Adidas and New Balance (and Warrior if that counts sperately) in European play in the past decade.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

5 hours ago, Digby said:

Adidas’s font this year doesn’t bother me, seems if anything to be in line with their retro aesthetic across the board; plus they’ve been doing that sort of blocky, digital look for several typefaces in a row.

do manufacturers determine the typeface for clubs too? I ask because Liverpool had the same very nice one across Adidas and New Balance (and Warrior if that counts sperately) in European play in the past decade.

The clubs have more input but sometimes they just don't care, like Arsenal with standard Puma numbers. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

15 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Super boring white kits from Spain.

They ain’t white, but a very light shade of blue. 

Spain-2018-World-Cup-Away-Football-Shirt

Very classy clash kit, IMO. Especially when paired with white pants and light blue socks. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

1 hour ago, adobo said:

Just turned on the game and... 

What happened to France's red socks?? Is red too close to yellow now?

France’s keepers were in red, so FIFA likely made them change to the blue socks to avoid a sock clash.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Croatia/Nigeria will be red/white/white vs. all-green. With Croatia as the designated home team, the Super Eagles had no choice but to go with their secondaries, but it’s still a shame we’ll have to wait until their second game to see their beautiful primary kits. This still should be a pretty good looking game though, and certainly one of the most visually interesting matchups we’ve seen thus far.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Croatia/Nigeria will be red/white/white vs. all-green. With Croatia as the designated home team, the Super Eagles had no choice but to go with their secondaries, but it’s still a shame we’ll have to wait until their second game to see their beautiful primary kits. This still should be a pretty good looking game though, and certainly one of the most visually interesting matchups we’ve seen thus far.

At least Croatia is in their good set for this one. 

Some shock game scores so far but for the most the wins have been fairly true.

For those thinking Peru were anything but making up the numbers, boy I hope you didn't put money on them.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

Germany/Mexico looks really nice with both teams in their traditional home kit combinations. The earlier game between Costa Rica and Serbia was a rather ordinary kit matchup, with Los Ticos is red/blue/red and Serbia in all-white. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived