2018 FIFA World Cup Kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DiePerske said:

I want to know what the obsession is this year with the lines in the numbers, with both nike and adidas

I think it was just coincidence, though I think Nike gave some baloney excuse about making numbers lighter.

5 minutes ago, seasaltvanilla said:

This Adidas font is truly terrible every match it just gets worse and worse.

I don't know how teams aren't asking for their own font yet. Germany, Colombia, Argentina and Japan should have numbers that are all their own. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

15 minutes ago, seasaltvanilla said:

This Adidas font is truly terrible every match it just gets worse and worse.

I can make out most of the Adidas numbers. I can only make out a few of the Puma numbers.

cristian-rodriguez-ingreso-en-el-segundo

uno-de-los-intentos-de-los-uruguayos-par

el-partido-fue-por-momentos-muy-trabado-

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think it was just coincidence, though I think Nike gave some baloney excuse about making numbers lighter.

I don't know how teams aren't asking for their own font yet. Germany, Colombia, Argentina and Japan should have numbers that are all their own. 

Interesting that Nike went to a common typeface for Euros but has gone back to unique typefaces for each of its teams this year. One reason they're the top kit provider of this World Cup, IMO. I know the Group B setup was luck of the draw, but that doesn't excuse Adidas from the lack of distinction for three of its teams.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 minute ago, Digby said:

Interesting that Nike went to a common typeface for Euros but has gone back to unique typefaces for each of its teams this year. One reason they're the top kit provider of this World Cup, IMO. I know the Group B setup was luck of the draw, but that doesn't excuse Adidas from the lack of distinction for three of its teams.

With the Euros, it was Nike's first big tournament with the new jerseys so they went with one number font to consider how they worked with it. I think that's partly why most Nike teams are wearing the numbers under the swoosh this year because they felt changing the position of the numbers helped them stay on better. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

FIFA requires each team wear both uniforms at least once which is why Portugal is in white. That's why Korea wore white when their red uniform provided a better clash vs Sweden. It's based on getting each kit exposure for sales though. 

Do we have any evidence of this being an actual rule? A third of the teams in 2014  only wore their home kit, and the only time that they forced a home team to wear an away IIRC was Spain VS the Netherlands in the white third vs. the dark blue away, which kind of made sense since Spain's red wasn't a great clash with both of the Netherlands kits. Seems like every other game this year has had a random kit just for showing it off

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Found this on the Fifa regulations pamphlet. The 'official' kit is  what we would call the primary, and it seems like the official regulation is the common sense "wear your primary as much as possible unless there's a  clash in which case team B will change". So this Spain, Iran, Morocco, Portugal wearing the opposite is pretty much a made up thing to sell shirts.

48. Team Equipment

Team colours

2. Each team shall inform FIFA of two different and contrasting colours (one predominately dark and one predominately light kit) for its official and reserve team kit (shirt, shorts and socks). In addition, each team shall select three contrasting colours for the goalkeepers. These three goalkeeper kits must be distinctly different and contrasting from each other as well as different and contrasting from the official and reserve team kits. This information shall be sent to FIFA on the team colour form. Only these colours may be worn at the matches. 

3. Approximately two months before the start of the final competition, FIFA will inform the teams of the colours that they shall wear for each match of the group stage. As far as possible, each team shall wear its official colours as declared on the team colour form. If the two teams’ colours and the match officials’ colour might cause confusion, in principle, team A in the official match schedule shall be entitled to wear its official team kit and team B shall use its reserve team kit or, if necessary, both teams may have to wear a combination of their official and reserve team kits. FIFA will endeavour to ensure that each team wears its official team kit at least once during the group stage.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

4 minutes ago, anythinglogos said:

Found this on the Fifa regulations pamphlet. The 'official' kit is  what we would call the primary, and it seems like the official regulation is the common sense "wear your primary as much as possible unless there's a  clash in which case team B will change". So this Spain, Iran, Morocco, Portugal wearing the opposite is pretty much a made up thing to sell shirts.

This is one of the most idiotic rules I have ever seen. Australia and Denmark are both wearing their alternate kits tomorrow because FIFA thinks that "the colors clash too much". If you ask me, FIFA just needs to back off on what kits teams wear. If there is a genuine kit clash, then FIFA can step in and say which team can wear their Primary Kit and which one wears their Alternate Kit.

7wldHiW.png

Chelsea.png

57 minutes ago, adobo said:

The fact that we hardly ever get to see France go blue-white-red in major tournaments anymore makes me sad.

it's awful.

Also, dear fifa. No reason why a goalkeeper cant wear the same colour socks as their field player teammates

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Weird one this morning. I guess technically there's a clash of Brazil and Costa Rica's home kits on the shorts and socks. Seems like it could be solved if Costa Rica packed a pair of red socks just in case. This looks fine but odd, given the teams.

(Caveat though is that these Brazil blues look gorgeous in the sunlight. A glowing, electric shade of blue.)

TELEMMGLPICT000167209971_trans_NvBQzQNjv

And what's the deal with Costa Rica in white with black (and a tiny bit of gold) trim? Would look better as an away kit for LAFC or Atlanta United. Color choice aside, seems like New Balance is finally, nicely settling into soccer design.

17 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Ah what a disappointment.  Brazil should always be yellow shirt, blue pants.  Every other team can adjust accordingly

Feel the same , home kit is too iconic 

Archived