2018 FIFA World Cup Kits

UnclearInitial

1 hour ago, Digby said:

And what's the deal with Costa Rica in white with black (and a tiny bit of gold) trim? Would look better as an away kit for LAFC or Atlanta United. Color choice aside, seems like New Balance is finally, nicely settling into soccer design.

Agreed. New Balance also has nice kits for Ireland that sadly could not be seen in the World Cup. 

Image result for ireland soccer

Image result for ireland soccer 2018

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay so at first, I wasn’t the biggest fan of Nigeria’s kit. But you know what, the more I see it, the more I’m sold. I really like it a lot now. It really stands out from among the rest in both design and color, is memorable, and unmistakeable. It just totally works.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Glad we're getting to see it in action. I was half expecting FIFA to get silly and claim that it was too close to royal blue and would force Nigeria into their dark green and Iceland into their white.

I don't think the templatey Nike socks complement the rest of it the kit, but I guess that's relatively small as a complaint. 

3267.jpg?w=780&q=20&auto=format&usm=12&f

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

7 minutes ago, Digby said:

Glad we're getting to see it in action. I was half expecting FIFA to get silly and claim that it was too close to royal blue and would force Nigeria into their dark green and Iceland into their white.

I don't think the templatey Nike socks complement the rest of it the kit, but I guess that's relatively small as a complaint. 

3267.jpg?w=780&q=20&auto=format&usm=12&f

I'm suprised FIFA didnt say that they clashed because of too much white on both jerseys

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

^ That sequence, @andregrunts, confirms how extra special the current Brazil blue kit is, for me! Most of those I find kind of bland or lacking. But the current one's specific shade, and the subtle pattern, and the use of yellow really make it. Maybe it's better because they wore all-blue today, instead of the white shorts.

(I also weirdly like that teal one they briefly had, though not with the clashing shorts as above.)

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Brazil’s blue shirt always looks best with yellow numbers and blue shorts

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

So Belgium and Tunisia are both in Away kits for no good reason... but for this one time I'll let it slide because at least it's not ANOTHER group G all-red vs all-white matchup.

22 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Germany/Sweden is a beauty of a matchup. One of my favorites so far.

Yeah, I agree. As a general rule, I really love matchups with light/dark/light vs. dark/light/dark, and this is no exception. Sweden could’ve, and some would say should’ve, gone with their yellow/blue/yellow primaries, but their secondaries make for a better overall contrast with Germany’s traditional white and black home kit.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Looking at Sweden's away kit, my only thought is: "this is how the Brewers and the Rams should look".

sweden-men-world-cup-2018-climalite-fans-jersey-paradoxzone-1806-22-F1027722_1.jpg

That Sweden kit was gorgeous on TV. Amazing what happens when you don’t just default to navy and Vegas Gold. Fortunately I don’t think they’ll change the Swedish flag anytime soon.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

14 hours ago, Jack Holmes said:

I dislike these monochrome Nike kits.

France need white shorts. So do Brazil. Australia need green shorts.

Australia should stick to their original colours of yellow shirts, green short and white socks that they wore in the 70's and brought back once in 2014. Most people agree that is their iconic look, yet Nike insist on messing around with it. 

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived