2018 FIFA World Cup Kits

UnclearInitial

5 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Historical Football Kits has posted all of the Round of 16 kit matchups:

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/FIFA_World_Cup/2018/2018-knock-out-stages.html

Brazil/Mexico should be a really nice matchup with both teams in their traditional kits. Spain/Russia, Belgium/Japan, and Sweden/Switzerland should all be fairly decent matchups, though not nearly as nice as France/Argentina and Brazil/Mexico. Shame that Colombia is so insistent on wearing the white shorts and socks with their home kit, which effectively forced England to go all-red.

Thought Japan would break out their white kit. Almost everyone else wore their clash. Strange.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nike’s gotta like that England has to go color rush (colour rush?)

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Brazil/Mexico is absolutely gorgeous, and my new matchup of the tournament thus far. Frankly it could end up being the matchup of the entire tournament, as it’ll be pretty tough to top.

DhG6WeBX0AAK4_E?format=jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

One of the few matchups of platonic ideal kits -- both kits did a great job of adhering to tradition but offering just enough new. The most extreme departure is the darker red for Mexico's socks, but I like that look a lot. Took a bunch of years but I'm glad Adidas finally started getting Mexico's colors correct.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Brazil/Mexico is absolutely gorgeous, and my new matchup of the tournament thus far. Frankly it could end up being the matchup of the entire tournament, as it’ll be pretty tough to top.

Still Sweden/Germany for me. Mexico’s front/side stripes are a killer, I don’t know who at Adidas thought those would look good. They ruin a few looks at the WC, Colombia included.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

22 hours ago, Digby said:

One of the few matchups of platonic ideal kits -- both kits did a great job of adhering to tradition but offering just enough new. The most extreme departure is the darker red for Mexico's socks, but I like that look a lot. Took a bunch of years but I'm glad Adidas finally started getting Mexico's colors correct.

Dude the aquaish green they used the first few years when they switched to adidas drove me nuts. 
I like the darker red, but i wish they utilized a two tone red. I feel like an aztec pattern should be included in every mexico kit. 

I'm also glad they went away from the black. Esp when your nickname is "el tri"

Even in mono red, England is one of the best looking teams in the world. The only thing I don’t like about their current kits, however, is that the championship star is the same color as the kit and gets lost. Why isn’t that a contrasting color? I’d be owning the heck out of that if I were England.

I mean of course it doesn’t detract from how classy they look, but that has bugged me a little.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

15 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Even in mono red, England is one of the best looking teams in the world. The only thing I don’t like about their current kits, however, is that the championship star is the same color as the kit and gets lost. Why isn’t that a contrasting color? I’d be owning the heck out of that if I were England.

I mean of course it doesn’t detract from how classy they look, but that has bugged me a little.

I know I've asked the same question before, and this is the answer I roughly got.

Basically, England does follow or like championship stars. Reason why you never see them on PL teams, and why the English National team makes them tonal.

If imagine, if they could, England wouldn't even have it on their jersey. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

On 7/2/2018 at 10:58 AM, upperV03 said:

The yellow and blue really pop when paired next to the green of the grass. Thankfully, Neymar provided plenty of views from that angle. 

22 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

I know I've asked the same question before, and this is the answer I roughly got.

Basically, England does follow or like championship stars. Reason why you never see them on PL teams, and why the English National team makes them tonal.

This is dumb because championship stars, at least for a major international tournament like the World Cup, rule. 

28 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

We were the last of the eligible teams to adopt a star - and the FA only bowed to pressure after a TV show here started a campaign to push for us to do so.

We started with the tonal stars on the first 'Tailored' kits Umbro produced, when they stripped back on detailing other than the crest and maker's mark. Nike have had them in contrasting colours on their shirts since they took over the contract, including the current home - so I'm a little unclear as to why they've gone tonal on the away.

On 7/2/2018 at 7:58 AM, upperV03 said:

I guess this is an unpopular opinion but I think this is MX's worst shirt since I can remember. They weren't an adi squad in the early 90's (from my recollection) so this fauxback look is so bland and devoid of mexican character compared to memorable kits of yore.

1 hour ago, Jaffa said:

We were the last of the eligible teams to adopt a star - and the FA only bowed to pressure after a TV show here started a campaign to push for us to do so.

We started with the tonal stars on the first 'Tailored' kits Umbro produced, when they stripped back on detailing other than the crest and maker's mark. Nike have had them in contrasting colours on their shirts since they took over the contract, including the current home - so I'm a little unclear as to why they've gone tonal on the away.

I'd say that silver on white would qualify as tonal.

I also remember Nike doing this for the 2016 Euro jerseys as well. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

1 hour ago, tigers said:

Why is Brazil's blue not Brazil Blue but light?

Wow this world cup has thrown up some silly adjustments to the national teams colors.

Because Nike and adidas come up with new colors and need to show them off. That's why Mexico's green jerseys are darker than normal.

6 hours ago, guest23 said:

I guess this is an unpopular opinion but I think this is MX's worst shirt since I can remember. They weren't an adi squad in the early 90's (from my recollection) so this fauxback look is so bland and devoid of mexican character compared to memorable kits of yore.

Mexico's 90s kits were made by Umbro and ABA Sport, a local company. Their 1998 kit was one of the best designs ever. They were even reproduced as a fan shirt this year. They were Nike for 2002-2006 before moving to adidas in 2010. Their best Nike kit was the chevron design used for Germany 2006. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived