Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

2 hours ago, llamafeed said:

Plain glossy is the most boring and least creative of all helmet finishes. This plain uniform could at least use some form of 20th century style

1 hour ago, Gupti said:

If you need “20th century style,” look no further than the glossy finish.;)

Look, glossy finishes aren’t “boring” just because they’ve been used for so long. They are THE football helmet, and they look the part damn well. I feel as though this age of pushing out these fire emoji-evoking matte and chrome domes for Instagram likes and Twitter clout has distracted from the fact that a glossy finish with a little bit of metallic fleck in it is truly a timeless finish that just looks just stunning with the sun reflecting off of it. The Jaguars all-black kids exemplify this, exuding class with the gold and black logo that marries perfectly to the shiny surface. It isn’t plain at all, which it may seem to you simply because we’ve seen it for so long.

A7398_BBF_0_FB8_4062_A454_C214_EE827_A58

Matte black lids (which I assume you’re referring to when you mention “so many better options”)? They just look cheesey and undignified to me, like a toy version of real football equipment (which I suppose makes sense because all of the kids are rocking them in college ball). Not to mention that matte black just flat out looks grey to me in the sunlight. Personally, it doesn’t look dynamic to me at all and I don’t think it’ll last. Keep it. Tommy’s got the right call here.

Quoting rather than simply liking. This is exactly right. Also, had t never existed, that Fred taylor unit could have been unveiled tonight and would have been universally praised, and nobody would have said “looks like it was designed in the 90s”. That’s a classic. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, daveindc said:

The teal and black numbers makes a huge difference. It's the only way this simple design works. Someone said they get a "Raiders vibe" or something like that, but what makes theirs work is the silver numbers. The 49ers' black jersey is another example.

Seriously. If they would have approved those teal numbers, then you know it's the Jags. In that airport photo, the horizontal bar is right in from of the Jags jersey logo on the window decal and you wouldn't even know what team to associate that jersey with. 

Very plain, but I do like the font a lot. Just wish outlines were on the numbers, stripes were on the pants and something was on the sleeve (gold and black stripes on the teal jersey with no jaguar would have been phenomenal). So close to a really great uniform.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Nike finally nailed a number font! Part of me loves the minimalist motif, while part of me thinks Uncle Tom misses the Giants a bit too much, feels a little fauxbacky... thank god they left the sleeve caps blank, lest Nike not get the ever-apparent advertising they so desperately need. The lack of gold is a bummer, but who knows, maybe the absence of gold preserves a lane for some kick-ass circa-98 throwbacks down the line.

Luckily, the NFL isn't a stickler on pants changes, so this uni is a well-designed pants stripe away from being sustainable long-term, in my book.

The helmets are obviously an upgrade.  Can anyone tell what the finish is?  I still prefer the old helmet logo, as I thought it was unique and fit a helmet much better.

I think the collars are an improvement.  I would have liked to see something a little more prominent on the pants as opposed to just the back-of-the-knee panel.  I also would have liked to see less black on white, and less white on black.  I don't propose to have a solution, I just thought they could have done a little bit more.

Overall, these are a significant upgrade.  I suspect these will become more and more likable as the years go on, as they are worn on the field.

It seems like a lot of these new Nike uniforms are either 0-100.  They either do very minimal, almost TOO minimal designs... or its just a hurricane, meeting a tornado, meeting a tsunami. 

Numbers look great.  Uniforms are an intense over-correction but as I said before, the NFL benefits from this overall.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Overall, I still think these are an upgrade. I thought the 2013-2017 uniforms were good but there were too many gimmicky elements. These may be oversimplified but they are CLEAN which is hard to come by in the Nike era. Ditching the two toned helmet for a simple glossy black helmet alone made it an instant upgrade.

I mean, first and foremost it's an upgrade.  Granted, where they were coming from, almost anything would have been considered an "upgrade" based on their fixing of the helmet, but it's an upgrade.  And I don't find them horrible, either, but mainly because to be horrible, much like their old uniform, you need to have some sort of defining feature, which these don't feel like they have.  It's hard to see the details so far, but what I can see, they have almost nothing interesting or unique, or anything.  They have the look of the uniforms you'd see Player X wear in an Icy Hot commercial to avoid copyright infringement.  Maybe a closer inspection shows more, but I wish there was a little more gold in them, and wasn't so minimalist.  It's almost like to fix the sins of the past, they just decided to not do anything to avoid that helmet debacle again, but there's a fine line between clean/classic and boring, and I feel like this falls more into the latter than the former so far.

Reminds me a bit of the Seahawks old number font (with some minor differences).  BAN-r1ECUAIwJRk.jpg

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

7 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

man, count it as unpopular opinion? these unis are damn good! Raider-esque and anti-Pro Combat that many Nike/NFL unis have been. the number font is great, works on all 3 colors and each jersey/pants combo works without being mismatched due to stripes or some other kind of out of place element. ignoring the logo, i give them an A

Count me in too, I like them. Simple, not over designed. It's essentially what we've seen in the leaks so I don't get the shock everyone has. Do I wish they had a stripe down the pants? Yes, but hey, what can you do, maybe one day they'll add them. 

1 minute ago, jgiff17 said:

Yea the Seahawks uniforms that the numbers were on didn’t SUCK!!!!

ah, the good ole days (of their unis anyway) 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

2 minutes ago, jgiff17 said:

Now wait...we haven’t seen an actual jersey yet so maybe there’s a chance they are “leaking” on purpose...all this time nothing and then all of a sudden?...

If that's how you really feel, I would love to make a financial wager with you. There's no way these aren't the uniforms, unfortunately.

Archived