Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jaguars’ new uniforms are the sports fashion equivalent of an early-2000s Kia Spectra. Safe, boring, and easily ignorable. The number font is OK, as is the lack of “obscene” details, but it’s still an overcorrection. 

Maybe expanding into Jacksonville in a vain attempt to recreate Green Bay was a mistake. Would the St. Louis Stallions have made better aesthetic decisions?

Edit: I still like them a bit, if only because their austerity is appealing after the wildness of their previous set. I’m not thrilled by them, but they’re still good. Hey, an early-2000s Kia Spectra is an attractive prospect when your used BMW craps out after the warranty is up.

man, count it as unpopular opinion? these unis are damn good! Raider-esque and anti-Pro Combat that many Nike/NFL unis have been. the number font is great, works on all 3 colors and each jersey/pants combo works without being mismatched due to stripes or some other kind of out of place element. ignoring the logo, i give them an A

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

2 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

It appears like there’s a thin outline on the numbers that matches the jersey color, similar to how the Raiders started doing black outlines on their silver numbers which are pretty much invisible against the black jerseys.

There sure is. Good catch. Teal outlines on the white numbers on the teal jersey. Easier to tell on the Ramsey jersey. 

and check the teal trim on the socks, looks like they point up on the sides. all the little details seem to be really tasteful and unique while being perfectly practical (you can read the numbers) and this has strong lasting value. compare them to Oakland or Alabama, Texas, and the like. i am impressed 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I've missed a few pages here, so forgive me if this has been discussed. What is the teal on the back of Ngakoue's legs? Is that a base layer, or some kind of design behind the knee?

oldXrnw.png

Edit: Just saw this being discussed a few pages back. @DeFrank beat me to it. :blush:

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

I don't think I'll like the white jersey, but the logo on the front seems to give the black and teal jerseys the absolute bare minimum amount of gold to look good. It all depends on what color combos they actually wear.

18 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

man, count it as unpopular opinion? these unis are damn good! Raider-esque and anti-Pro Combat that many Nike/NFL unis have been. the number font is great, works on all 3 colors and each jersey/pants combo works without being mismatched due to stripes or some other kind of out of place element. ignoring the logo, i give them an A

If they win in these, they're going to be instant classic's

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

Where does, “snaps of some dudes puttin’ vinyls up on the windas” rank in terms of the weirdest ways a uniform has been officially leaked?

Like, how disappointed is the person who suggested, “I got it. We won’t put them up for sale until *the following week* so the stores don’t leak the design!

The Buffaslug leaked via a toy truck iirc.

Someone at Nike has a personal vendetta against number outlines

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

26 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

The Jaguars’ new uniforms are the sports fashion equivalent of an early-2000s Kia Spectra. Safe, boring, and easily ignorable. The number font is OK, as is the lack of “obscene” details, but it’s still an overcorrection. 

Maybe expanding into Jacksonville in a vain attempt to recreate Green Bay was a mistake. Would the St. Louis Stallions have made better aesthetic decisions?

Edit: I still like them a bit, if only because their austerity is appealing after the wildness of their previous set. I’m not thrilled by them, but they’re still good. Hey, an early-2000s Kia Spectra is an attractive prospect when your used BMW craps out after the warranty is up.

:therock:

#DTWD #GoJaguars

I’m still in the like these a lot camp. I have accepted the gold being gone, but the lack of teal on the white jersey kinda hurts it. Someone said there is a teal outline, but I don’t see it. I hope that’s true, and I hope the teal jersey is the primary.

Overall though I dig these. They took the last set and got rid of the clutter and I appreciate that. It looks classic, but I still see little modern quirks that help keep it fresh. This could stick around for awhile I think.

Just now, Lee Noire said:

I’m still in the like these a lot camp. I have accepted the gold being gone, but the lack of teal on the white jersey kinda hurts it. Someone said there is a teal outline, but I don’t see it. I hope that’s true, and I hope the teal jersey is the primary.

Overall though I dig these. They took the last set and got rid of the clutter and I appreciate that. It looks classic, but I still see little modern quirks that help keep it fresh. This could stick around for awhile I think.

No there is a white outline on the black numbers on the white jersey. Look really close. 

Archived