Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

50 minutes ago, kroywen said:

I've always been surprised that some people lament the fact that those jerseys never hit the field. They look completely amateurish, and the jaguar extended across the shoulders is nothing short of hideous. Also can't understand for the life of me why only one sleeve has a TV number.

Each to their own I guess...

Jaguars

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, rjrrzube said:

MJWalker45I believe the original set would have had teal pants if Jaguar hadn't sued. 

jaguars.thumb.jpg.7c2bb87677bcf6df79cc93ad546fabfe.jpg

I have seen this before and it was modeled before the season. (Panthers also modeled their unis which were slightly different than what they settled with.)

I never realized that the TV numbers were only on one sleeve. I liked the leaping Jaguars across the shoulder but not at the expense of the TV numbers. 

21287201.jpg

jax_away.jpg

Go A's!

3 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

I have seen this before and it was modeled before the season. (Panthers also modeled their unis which were slightly different than what they settled with.)

I never realized that the TV numbers were only on one sleeve. I liked the leaping Jaguars across the shoulder but not at the expense of the TV numbers. 

21287201.jpg

jax_away.jpg

Glorious. Any specific reason why these were never used?

Jaguars

15 hours ago, FSUViking said:

Their logo basically went from looking like an actual jaguar to looking way more like a leopard or cheetah. 

im okay with that. i think its a touch pedantic to think a logo for the Jaguars football team is slightly cheetah-ish and will confuse people. the association is there. moreover, im okay with the general styling of the new logo because its a bit more expressive. i at least like the motion the current one has— it seems the jaguar is leaping forward where the old is really static. 

its hard to choose between the two, though. the old logo's broken jaw is as unforgivable as the current's complex rendering of shadows, spots, and thin lines. neither get an A for craftsmanship. i think i'd like to see the current logo rendered with the boldness and simplification of shape as the old

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

6 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

im okay with that. i think its a touch pedantic to think a logo for the Jaguars football team is slightly cheetah-ish and will confuse people. the association is there. moreover, im okay with the general styling of the new logo because its a bit more expressive. i at least like the motion the current one has— it seems the jaguar is leaping forward where the old is really static. 

its hard to choose between the two, though. the old logo's broken jaw is as unforgivable as the current's complex rendering of shadows, spots, and thin lines. neither get an A for craftsmanship. i think i'd like to see the current logo rendered with the boldness and simplification of shape as the old

I think I would agree that the new one is more expressive, or maybe emotive is the better word, but I don’t think that equates to being less static. The new one is the epitome of static to me. It’s just a lone head, sitting there, with no indication of motion at all. It might as well be taxidermy. The old one had a natural vanishing point to its shape and supported that with the whiskers kind of doubling as motion lines, along with the tapering head and jaw.

25EB0B66-C17E-42E0-B5E6-761F873AEF5D.jpeg.c2f4972a9321ad1f3902eb62d2aae2b7.jpeg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Didn't the Jaguars give some bull :censored: reason that the new logo was stretched to imply movement? I distinctly remember that.

I've grown to like the new logo, it was definitely more succesful in creating an illustration type logo than the Bucs.  Still don't like how the tongue sorts of floats there in that cavernous mouth and I really liked how the black helmet kind of drew in the blanks of the old logo. However after after getting dis-used to it I've gron to notice things like the broken jaw and the is that supposed to be an ear black shape

07Giants.pngnyy.png

14 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

I think I would agree that the new one is more expressive, or maybe emotive is the better word, but I don’t think that equates to being less static. The new one is the epitome of static to me. It’s just a lone head, sitting there, with no indication of motion at all. It might as well be taxidermy. The old one had a natural vanishing point to its shape and supported that with the whiskers kind of doubling as motion lines, along with the tapering head and jaw.

25EB0B66-C17E-42E0-B5E6-761F873AEF5D.jpeg.c2f4972a9321ad1f3902eb62d2aae2b7.jpeg

i get a sense of forward movement from the general swept-back form— the downside is the skull is a bit squished because it becomes an oval, but im not too mad about that. i'd rather see a logo rendered for what the animal is doing rather than what it is. also, the whiskers, chin, eyes, and ears tell me he's lunging forward; even some of the details in the fur suggest everything is moving the same direction. its not a big difference between the two though, and every time i go back and look at them side by side i question which one i prefer, which one is the lesser of two evils.  i just really don't like either of them very much

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

A friend just sent this to me, says he saw it in Jacksonville. Never seen this logo before. Font is the same as current, though. I hope this isn't something new for next season.

IMG_20171022_150455.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Probably some kind of fan/knock-off logo more than anything else. Especially since its on a 3930 mesh template, which isn't what the NFL would use for on-field purposes. 

Regarding the logo itself, official or not, it's okay, but I don't like the "JAGS" in the mouth.

I figured it could very well be a custom made design.

I don't think the Jaguars need a front facing logo in addition to the profile logo. Plus, if they were to use this design, I would hope they kept it more true to the current logo as opposed to teal/gold jag head.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Personally, I prefer the old logo. It's more minimalist in design, which I happen to like. Plus, it better illustrates the boxier shape of a jaguar's skull.

The new logo is a bit too detailed for my liking. Further, it seems overly elongated. The end result strikes me as coming across as more of an "illustration" than a "logo", and resembles a leaner cat - perhaps, an oncilla or an ocelot.

As far as a new uniform set goes, I'd love to see them resurrect the unis that they wore from 1998 through 2001. Absolutely perfect! 

9 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

A friend just sent this to me, says he saw it in Jacksonville. Never seen this logo before. Font is the same as current, though. I hope this isn't something new for next season.

IMG_20171022_150455.jpg

I'm very intrigued...

Jaguars

Archived