Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

Someone in the Concepts section did a really good looking concept with the old-school sleeve stripes acting as the new sleeve caps.  I'm not totally down with the sleeve caps but it sure was a better look than all-black.

Man, the teal jerseys look really cool - when they are paired with the black numbers, the black pants look like they belong.  When they did teal tops and black pants on the classic set, it never looked quite right as it did with the white pants - maybe changing the number color is the solution if that moves to a more permanent look.  

I would love if they kept on with the teal this season (it now represents a win) but I know that cannot happen.

I do really hope they keep the number font, and I don't mind the shield.  Honestly short of the helmet, and them not being able to decide what shade of gold they want (the gold on the helmet vs. the plastic-esque gold around the collar vs. the nasty mustard gold on the Color Rash and some of the merch), the set is pretty good if they switch the primary colored set around.  

For the helmet, I would like to see a return to gloss but considering they did the two-tone this last time, would it surprise you if they hydro-dipped the new one or something?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

The Jaguars need to keep the number font, go with a full matte black helmet, simplify the jerseys (no sleeve caps above all), introduce teal pants, swap black and teal for home and alternate jerseys.

Agree except for matte black helmet. I'd rather see gloss.

41 minutes ago, JagAaron33 said:

Someone in the Concepts section did a really good looking concept with the old-school sleeve stripes acting as the new sleeve caps.  I'm not totally down with the sleeve caps but it sure was a better look than all-black.

Man, the teal jerseys look really cool - when they are paired with the black numbers, the black pants look like they belong.  When they did teal tops and black pants on the classic set, it never looked quite right as it did with the white pants - maybe changing the number color is the solution if that moves to a more permanent look.  

I would love if they kept on with the teal this season (it now represents a win) but I know that cannot happen.

I do really hope they keep the number font, and I don't mind the shield.  Honestly short of the helmet, and them not being able to decide what shade of gold they want (the gold on the helmet vs. the plastic-esque gold around the collar vs. the nasty mustard gold on the Color Rash and some of the merch), the set is pretty good if they switch the primary colored set around.  

For the helmet, I would like to see a return to gloss but considering they did the two-tone this last time, would it surprise you if they hydro-dipped the new one or something?

I honestly doubt they will keep anything from the current set.

Jaguars

We were all rocking our teal in support, and trying to make a statement how much we want it back. I printed a lot of signs like the ones below and took them to the game. 

It was also cool they tealed out lots of stuff in the stadium ( more than normal ) including changing the jumbotron & ribbon board colors to mostly teal & white. 

Teal Jaguars Sign.png

#DTWD #GoJaguars

4 hours ago, Claystation360 said:

We were all rocking our teal in support, and trying to make a statement how much we want it back. I printed a lot of signs like the ones below and took them to the game. 

It was also cool they tealed out lots of stuff in the stadium ( more than normal ) including changing the jumbotron & ribbon board colors to mostly teal & white. 

Teal Jaguars Sign.png

I love the passion!

I have BIG hopes for our 2018 re-brand.

Jaguars

16 hours ago, Teal said:

I wonder if the team will actually annoce that there will be changes to the uniforms in 2018? Surely they will...

I think there's a small chance that any change to the logo could be announced earlier than January, with the uniforms not unveiled until early 2018 (as the two guys above said).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

38 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I think there's a small chance that any change to the logo could be announced earlier than January, with the uniforms not unveiled until early 2018 (as the two guys above said).

Doubt it.  Thinking back to when the Bucs unveiled their new helmet for the redesign it was in a February after the super bowl 

47 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Doubt it.  Thinking back to when the Bucs unveiled their new helmet for the redesign it was in a February after the super bowl 

But the Lions logo was released way early...I guess it may have been February as well (yeah, around Feb 1).  I think that might be a new standard for logo changes, with uniforms coming in April.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Really, I think their best move would be to drop the stupid helmets for a solid black color, designate the teal as their main home uniform and call it good. 

I'm not expecting anything big. But, man those helmets HAVE to die.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, Teal said:

I hope the teal is a tad lighter and greener for the 2018 re-brand. 

So they look more like the AFC's other Florida team?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 11/7/2017 at 10:21 AM, JagAaron33 said:

Keeping black numbers on the teal jerseys would be a horrible mistake.. Black helmet and black pants was always a solid look.. Colored jerseys need white numbers though (or gold or silver)

Archived