Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

On 10/24/2017 at 11:14 AM, Sec19Row53 said:

Except that there is a fee for set up, so it is more cost effective to do more than one in hopes of selling them.

Math - if set up fee is $50, and embroidery fee is $20, then it costs $70 for one hat; $90 for 2; $110 for 3.

Cost for cap is $70 for 1, $45 for 2, $36ish for 3.  If you sell two of them for $45 and make three, 'yours' only cost you $20 :-)

Not that I've ever done this

I sell teamwear, uniforms, footwear, equipment, headwear, etc. for a living for the largest sporting goods team dealer in the country; this is just a Stock, off-the-shelf, blank New Era cap that someone embroidered post-manufacturing.  They're widely available from wholesale distributor Sanmar.  I can tell from the cap style (non-trucker mesh back). 

Also, your costs are way high, so it's feasible someone created this design and had it embroidered and is now retailing it (illegally I might add - that embroidery is not 3D/Puff and doesn't look as tight as New Era embroidery from the factory).  

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/6/2017 at 5:59 PM, daveindc said:

Indeed.

DN5cCLcXkAEIpRT.jpg:large

DN5h_HDUIAAMPp-.jpg

And yes, the Jags look tremendous in this combo. I actually truly like their uniforms and don't think they need to be changed; just fix the helmet by making it matte or satin black.

On 11/12/2017 at 1:07 PM, Teal said:

We still don't know if its confirmed that the unit are indeed going to change....

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2017/10/18/16495204/new-jaguars-uniform-teal-alternate-bengals-2017

"Fans have been asking for years when the teal would return, and it will finally return in what will be the Jaguars final season in the current uniform. I’m burying the lede a little bit but, I can confirm the rumors that have been bouncing around Twitter that the Jaguars will indeed have brand new uniforms for the 2018 season."

1 hour ago, JagAaron33 said:

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2017/10/18/16495204/new-jaguars-uniform-teal-alternate-bengals-2017

"Fans have been asking for years when the teal would return, and it will finally return in what will be the Jaguars final season in the current uniform. I’m burying the lede a little bit but, I can confirm the rumors that have been bouncing around Twitter that the Jaguars will indeed have brand new uniforms for the 2018 season."

I have read this article but its still not officially confirmed but all signs point to new uniforms, I'm excited about our future and our new identity.

Jaguars

Hearing a lot more noise about a single color helmet ( which is the obvious choice ) assuming it to be black of some style. Also the Color rush jersey is gonna be teal. This is all stuff that I've mentioned and others have but I am seeing & hearing more about it. 

#DTWD #GoJaguars

1 hour ago, Claystation360 said:

Hearing a lot more noise about a single color helmet ( which is the obvious choice ) assuming it to be black of some style. Also the Color rush jersey is gonna be teal. This is all stuff that I've mentioned and others have but I am seeing & hearing more about it. 

The only thing that would make me angrier than if they switched to an all gold helmet is if they kept black as the primary home jersey and only wore teal during color rush.

And I would rather keep the current helmet than switch to all gold.

I hope the home uni will be teal. I don’t want us to wear teal only for colour rush which will be once a year...

Jaguars

3 minutes ago, Teal said:

I hope the home uni will be teal. I don’t want us to wear teal only for colour rush which will be once a year...

It would not be once a year, it would be teal tops, teal pants once a year. they could still wear the teal alternate in other games (as long as the other alternate isn't gold or a throwback. they can still do teal tops , black pants )

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

7 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

It would not be once a year, it would be teal tops, teal pants once a year. they could still wear the teal alternate in other games (as long as the other alternate isn't gold or a throwback. they can still do teal tops , black pants )

Correct. Baltimore just did that a few weeks ago, with an all purple color Rush uniform with gold jersey numbers rather than the white ones on the regular purple jerseys. (Side note... not that I particularly care for the whole color rush thing, but that one might have been my favorite Color Rush uniform to date.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

11 minutes ago, Teal said:

Thanks for clearing that up guys...

Do you all think the teal will change slightly? Really hoping for a more “green” teal. 

Their shade of teal is fine, need to avoid looking like the Dolphins

1 hour ago, AstroBull21 said:

Their shade of teal is fine, need to avoid looking like the Dolphins

And, an Arena Football team.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 11/6/2017 at 5:59 PM, daveindc said:

Indeed.

DN5cCLcXkAEIpRT.jpg:large

DN5h_HDUIAAMPp-.jpg

I have to say that the black numbers actually work fairly well with the black pants.  They look terrible with the white pants, but this isn't bad.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Also, if the skuttlebutt is true that would be the teal color rush based on the new uniform but we would be getting a throwback uniform as the alternate which would be teal, So teal 3 times a year possible if true.  

They could go the Chiefs route and just add teal pants and use the normal jersey while having an alternate (or the route of the titans who do the same thing and is actually a better example since they have two jerseys but no throwback)

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

1 hour ago, leopard88 said:

I have to say that the black numbers actually work fairly well with the black pants.  They look terrible with the white pants, but this isn't bad.

We agree with "this isn't bad", but not in the way you think.

This uniform combination sucks donkey balls. Unique font for the sake of unique font. Slash marks around the collar just because. A helmet that looks like they ran out of time and couldn't get finished with a clear coat. Black pants with a non-white jersey. A nickname of a nickname on the jersey. And whatever those things are on the pants that aren't stripes, they're just 'brand identifiers', which is about all this whole mess is.  If they felt the need to blow smoke you-know-where when introducing the two-toned helmet, at least get the story right and don't tell me it is the Jaguar coming out of the shadows to hunt, because that would mean the dark part would be BEHIND him.

Gosh - other than that, this uniform rates a solid meh.  But that's just my $.02.

It's where I sit.

Archived