Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

henne12-1209.JPG06e087ce71fa56accfa619f066e8a884--jaguar

Sometimes it looked full-on green. Other times it was nearly invisible. All paired with modern uniforms that look like they were designed for the University of Miami 7 years earlier. 

I thought the teal flake diminished how sharp those helmets looked when they were high-gloss black.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I don't get the pure excitement over just the information that an all black helmet is coming back. There's zero word on what finish it will be. Glossy like original? Some sort of teal added in? (a black to teal fade towards the back wouldn't look all too bad if subtle enough) Matte like the current? There's so many different ways they can go with just a black helmet. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go all matte black to keep some sort of continuity from the current shell.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

jags-11-allwhite-zumapress-620x930.jpg

The problem with a lot of teams, on all levels, is that they are going with a matte finish over a glossy one. I really don't understand this trend at all. I wish teams would go back to a glossy look and I wish other teams would have tried a flake like Jacksonville did.  A purple flake for Baltimore would have been nice. I guess it works better with black helmets. Black has really taken over too much in recent years, with a rainbow of colors, I don't know why so many teams, particularly in college, wanted to add less color to their uniforms.

2 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

I don't get the pure excitement over just the information that an all black helmet is coming back. There's zero word on what finish it will be. Glossy like original? Some sort of teal added in? (a black to teal fade towards the back wouldn't look all too bad if subtle enough) Matte like the current? There's so many different ways they can go with just a black helmet. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go all matte black to keep some sort of continuity from the current shell.

An all black helmet is automatically better than what they have, hence the excitement. 

I liked the sound of the teal flake, but it just didn't work for me. 

12 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

It's a complete re-brand. I can't think of any reason why they'd want to/care to keep any continuity from the old set, minus the logos.

20 hours ago, the admiral said:

Took some overdesign out of the Jags logo, tried to get the proportions a little closer to the original, feels a little more like a Cardinals/Panthers upgrade to me now:

hEsdZmH.jpg

17 hours ago, jmoe12 said:

Thomas Hatfield did, in my opinion, an excellent job of fusing the two eras to get the best of both.

jags.jpg

Guys! Guys! Compromise! Let's take the shape of Admiral's concept and the color balance of Thomas Hadfield's concept. Or just make the eyes and nose on Admiral's eyes and nose teal.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

7 hours ago, bowld said:

Really hope they keep the Teal road numbers. They look great in the sunshine

Absolutely. The teal elements in that set looked fantastic (road numbers, alternate home jersey). It's just that there was so much black, and that stupid two-tone helmet, and the whole thing was a little overdesigned. It could easily have stayed for much longer with a few simple changes (teal primary, one-color helmet), but at the same time that helmet was so bad it's just as well that they're...whatever they're doing. Not entirely starting over, but...rebranding, I guess.

21 minutes ago, insert name said:

God, I forgot how bad this uniform was. The helmet was the best thing about this set. 

You sure it's not just because Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne and BFBS are all to be found between your two photos? I mean, the piping is simple and unobtrusive. They used a teal primary. The set could have used more gold, but its biggest problem was really just that it was kinda bland aside from the teal flakes.

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

You sure it's not just because Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne and BFBS are all to be found between your two photos? I mean, the piping is simple and unobtrusive. They used a teal primary. The set could have used more gold, but its biggest problem was really just that it was kinda bland aside from the teal flakes.

They were horrible.. The only detail they added to the uniform subtracted from the look.. 

What made that set so much worse was that Reebok was experimenting with new fabrics that really messed up the piping and the stretch of the letters/numbers. 

I mean, look at this photo. Three different ways the stripes/piping is presented 

maurice-jonesdrew-of-the-jacksonville-ja

compared to what they were supposed to look like from their unveiling 

431964159.jpg

The lack of gold and the fact that the piping was already going to be inconsistent from the start (look at the linemen's piping being cut off) made this set a bad one from the beginning. Helmet was a fun part of it but it was the only redeeming element to a very bad design 

Go A's!

Archived