Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, kimball said:

I know it’s aqua, but the colors are very similar and from the same base color. I see your point, but I guess I’m more of a college football fan where team colors matter. Florida for instance has great contrasting colors among the Power 5 teams. I love that. I don’t see why pro football should be different in that regard?

Florida, Miami and FAMU all wear orange with the last two both wearing orange in green. 

FSU, UCF, USF all have some shade of gold. 

There are only so many colors and it's all about pairing and seeing what fits, Because you're not gonna mistake any of the above schools for one another even if they share colors. 

and you definitely won't confuse JAX and Miami with one having black & gold and the other having orange & white.  

#DTWD #GoJaguars

3 minutes ago, Claystation360 said:

Florida, Miami and FAMU all wear orange with the last two both wearing orange in green. 

FSU, UCF, USF all have some shade of gold. 

There are only so many colors and it's all about pairing and seeing what fits, Because you're not gonna mistake any of the above schools for one another even if they share colors. 

and you definitely won't confuse JAX and Miami with one having black & gold and the other having orange & white.  

Very true...

Jaguars

2 hours ago, bowld said:

Have none of our industry insiders seen the unis yet? Usually we have a few sources dropping hints for us

More than one industry insider has risked losing their job (at the very least) for sharing too much here. 

We love what our members “on the inside” contribute. We don’t want them risking their livelihoods by talking about anything they shouldn’t be talking about. 

Jags logo is good. I really hope they keep it. The font is great with the current unis keeping that slanted line feel. So either they keep that theme or switch entirely and go back toward the original numbers that weren’t standard block. I’m a jaguars fan because of those unis. But I think the black-teal-black look will forever be my favorite. And the black white black roads are great too, but the teal numbers they have right now are fantastic. 

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

2 hours ago, flyersfan said:

May I ask- what is with the obsession over standard block numbers? This is almost the freshest identity in the league, a new team with no huge tradition just yet. I think the font they have now is actually pretty good, as long as the uniform matches it. Do we really want to premier league this and make everyone wear the same font? I’ll pass there, let the one team that very well could keep it difffent and not wear the standard do that

It’s because they just look good, in my opinion. And apparently that goes for more than a few other posters. 

I know this board can foster the attitude of “I can’t believe people have different opinions” but come on. 

I didn’t claim the Jags’ uniforms reached their apex when they were wearing block numbers because I have an “obsession” with block numbers. I said because...shock of shocks...I legitimately prefer this look over any other Jags identity that utilized a custom font.  

20 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Jags have never looked as good as they did the one time they had standard block numbers...

7VW4xgE.jpg

I just watched this game on youtube and the Jaguars looked so damn good. The proportions on the pants are way better than what they switched to the next season and although I liked the font they went with I think the block numbers were stronger and also had a better gold-to-teal ratio. The Broncos on the other side of the field looked really stodgy and dated by comparison. 

It really is remarkable they hit such a homerun with their inaugural look after the Jaguar Car debacle because the first draft uniforms with the cat leaping across the shoulders with silver included as well would've been among the worst in NFL history. They went back to the drawing board and gave us some of the best instead. Great save by them.  

PvO6ZWJ.png

8 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I just watched this game on youtube and the Jaguars looked so damn good. The proportions on the pants are way better than what they switched to the next season and although I liked the font they went with I think the block numbers were stronger and also had a better gold-to-teal ratio. The Broncos on the other side of the field looked really stodgy and dated by comparison. 

It really is remarkable they hit such a homerun with their inaugural look after the Jaguar Car debacle because the first draft uniforms with the cat leaping across the shoulders with silver included as well would've been among the worst in NFL history. They went back to the drawing board and gave us some of the best instead. Great save by them.  

It’s truly amazing. Both the Jags and Panthers got it right the first time. 

The Panthers have kept things more or less the same, save for a relatively minor logo tweak. 

The Jags have chipped away at a once great identity to the point where they are where they are now; with a two-toned helmet, a US Army-esque badge, and stupid half-completed pants stripes. 

How the hell did both teams get it so right at first but go in two completely different directions afterwards? 

2 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

It’s truly amazing. Both the Jags and Panthers got it right the first time

The Panthers have kept things more or less the same, save for a relatively minor logo tweak. 

The Jags have chipped away at a once great identity to the point where they are where they are now; with a two-toned helmet, a US Army-raquel badge, and stupid half-completed pants stripes. 

How the hell did both teams get it so right at first but go in two completely different directions afterwards? 

I'm still waiting for the Panthers to get rid of the weird helmet stripes and figure out a way to make the shoulder loop/wedge fit (or at least look uniform) on different templates.  Otherwise, I agree completely.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

51 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I'd take that classic Broncos look over the 90's Nike look. Looking at Tory James in that picture, I don't see anything stodgy or dated about it.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I'd take that classic Broncos look over the 90's Nike look. Looking at Tory James in that picture, I don't see anything stodgy or dated about it.  

compared to the Jaguars in that game, I think they do. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

5 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

The Orange Crush look was starting to show its age, but I still think tweaking it would have been the better option than the redesign they went with. 

Which is really showing its age these days. 

30 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Fair, but Jags just had a good modern look, even up against good looking traditional unis. The teal numbers with the black helmets is a great look. It could also be argued the Jags looked better than the red-blue-white Bills the week prior, although I think that Bills set is really good as well.

img25457992.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

13 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Orange Crush look was starting to show its age, but I still think tweaking it would have been the better option than the redesign they went with. 

I've never been a fan of the Super-Nike Broncos look, but the Orange Crush uniforms were in need of some work by 1996. Something simple like a slightly darker blue, blue socks instead of orange striped ones (so the helmet didn't stick out so much), and a Dolphins-esque update of the logo would've done the trick. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

I disagree with the Bronco's current look looking dated as a whole. The number font needs some work (thinning more than anything), as does the logo, but I consider their overall current look a modern classic. That said, their Color Rush uniforms (of all things, and above the waist) is a great example of tweaking of their Orange Crush look; I like the old "D-Horse" logo and helmet striping on a navy shell a lot more than I thought I would.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

2 hours ago, leopard88 said:

I'm still waiting for the Panthers to get rid of the weird helmet stripes and figure out a way to make the shoulder loop/wedge fit (or at least look uniform) on different templates.  Otherwise, I agree completely.

The original Panthers shoulder stripes, which were complete loops that were wider on top of the shoulders and tapered near the bottom, were perfect. They echoed the swooping lines of the helmet striping and pants striping.

panthers-kerry-collins-anthony-johnson.j

The current loops look blocky by comparison and inexplicably bend outwards at the bottom.

150106-stewart-600.jpg?itok=xG4LK0Mo

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

15 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

The current loops look blocky by comparison and inexplicably bend outwards at the bottom.

. . . except on Cam Newton's jersey since he has a QB cut (or at least has sleeves that looks line ones from 1995).

cam-newton-getty.jpg?quality=85&strip=alcam-newton.jpg?w=517

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

52 minutes ago, DustDevil61 said:

I disagree with the Bronco's current look looking dated as a whole. The number font needs some work (thinning more than anything), as does the logo, but I consider their overall current look a modern classic. That said, their Color Rush uniforms (of all things, and above the waist) is a great example of tweaking of their Orange Crush look; I like the old "D-Horse" logo and helmet striping on a navy shell a lot more than I thought I would.

Maybe this would belong in the “evolving opinions” thread but I was REALLY into the Broncos’ 1997 rebrand. I was ten, granted, but I thought it was the coolest. 

I even temporarily declared the Broncos were my new favourite team, and got my dad to buy me a navy Elway jersey. I give him props for that, because looking back? That must have been an experience for him, a lifelong Chargers fan :D 

Anyway my Broncos fandom didn’t last but I maintained they were one of the modern designs “done right” for a long time before I soured on them. 

Jersey side panels connected to pants striping, the tapered stripes on on jerseys, pants, and helmets? The overly aggressive animal head logo? And the wordmark that became the new cookie cutter template for new wordmarks in the 2000s? It all kind of gave it a very dated look to me. 

It’s not all bad. I think the current number font is a nice alternative to block, and it doesn’t seem like a “forced” design like so many custom fonts in the NFL these days. And I do think navy should be the blue the Broncos run with going forward, even if I think they ought to keep with orange as the primary. 

My ideal Broncos uniform? Colour rush jerseys (with the current number font) and helmets, maybe give the old D/horse logo a Cardinals-esque cleanup. 

White pants, with a navy blue set of pants to pair with the white jerseys on occasion. 

Wear the Super Bowl navy uniform as a throwback alternate to pay homage to the good years that followed the rebrand. 

44 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

The original Panthers shoulder stripes, which were complete loops that were wider on top of the shoulders and tapered near the bottom, were perfect. They echoed the swooping lines of the helmet striping and pants striping.

panthers-kerry-collins-anthony-johnson.j

This seems like a problem on Nike’s end and not the team’s. The design is fine. It’s up to Nike to find a way to make the design fit onto their template. 

The Jags block font was too thick with all the outlines.  Didn't make much difference on the teal since the outer black outline disappeared, but on the whites it was kinda cluttered to me.  Their custom font was perfect.  It was legible (which many customs struggle with), had great proportions, and had a classic / timeless quality to it rather than a "futuristic" look like many teams tend to go with.

I might like the block more if it was the more traditional style with the squared-off insides rather than the thicker style with the notches.  IIRC only they and San Fransisco (for the first year or two of their redesign) used that style.  Similar to the Champion style... but different 2s, 1s, and 7s.

ca87a6d16e1390f40c61276e72226e2d.jpg > img24063568.jpg 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived