Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

1 hour ago, WavePunter said:

Firstly, the single-manufacturer, single-template world came to existence after these designs were created.. Allow each team to find their own manufacturer, and I guarantee it'll go more my way.. Secondly, with the VU, no seams, side panels, or shoulder inserts are included whatsoever, so that's a silly comment.. Anything can be accomplished through sublimation on this template, but that's not the route anyone wants to go.. The Jaguars DON'T currently use the VU template, so there's already multiple templates in use.. And lastly, I've had an issue with the cut and shape of the sleeves since Day 1 either way.. The sleeve cap should line up with the inner-most portion of the cuff, and currently it does not, which looks bad imo

Actually they use a modified VU template, just like the Jets and a few others...

20171105-firstoff.jpg

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, shstpt1 said:

Every picture of the Vapor Pro Jersey I’ve seen has more seams and a mesh panel up the side, which these Jags jerseys dont

The Vapor Pro has the seam going across the chest, as seen in the photo you provided, similar to the Vapor Varsity and Vapor UT.. The UT (yes, actually called "UT", not me shortening the term "untouchable") appears to have fewer seams and could be it.. Might be the UT, but not Vapor Varsity or Vapor Untouchable..  All are marketed separately as different templates from the Vapor Untouchable, so it's one of the 2, but definitely not the untouchable

4 hours ago, WavePunter said:

Firstly, the single-manufacturer, single-template world came to existence after these designs were created.. Allow each team to find their own manufacturer, and I guarantee it'll go more my way.. Secondly, with the VU, no seams, side panels, or shoulder inserts are included whatsoever, so that's a silly comment.. Anything can be accomplished through sublimation on this template, but that's not the route anyone wants to go.. The Jaguars DON'T currently use the VU template, so there's already multiple templates in use.. And lastly, I've had an issue with the cut and shape of the sleeves since Day 1 either way.. The sleeve cap should line up with the inner-most portion of the cuff, and currently it does not, which looks bad imo

The first go-round at single manufacturer resulted in many design differences for various positions, and those were manufactured by a company who does the full-custom thing.

This go-round, with a single template (unless the team opted out of it), has resulted in much better uniformity across positions, which is a step in the right direction to me. I’ll gladly sacrifice a completely custom build for players who look more similar, especially knowing that there are several ways to modify the base template with shoulder inserts, side panels, stripes, etc.

I think the Panthers’ approach is simply not the best way to execute that type of stripe.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

When you say "sublimation", do you really mean sublimation, or are you referring to printing?  I can't imagine sublimation looking professional at all - and can you even do it on a black jersey?  Printing the stripes, or making them some flexible / stretchy rubbery material that's heat-pressed on might work though.  Not sure if that would cause stripes to fly off when a guy is tackled tho.

99% of sublimation starts with white fabric. There are limitations to it, though. Its resolution is quite dependent on how open and/or lofty the weave or knit is, and matching the sublimated colors to dyed fabric can be difficult because of the differing print processes. That is to say, your sublimated black may not match your black fabric very well, which looks as bad as it sounds.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

2 hours ago, WavePunter said:

The Vapor Pro has the seam going across the chest, as seen in the photo you provided, similar to the Vapor Varsity and Vapor UT.. The UT (yes, actually called "UT", not me shortening the term "untouchable") appears to have fewer seams and could be it.. Might be the UT, but not Vapor Varsity or Vapor Untouchable..  All are marketed separately as different templates from the Vapor Untouchable, so it's one of the 2, but definitely not the untouchable

It’s likely a Vapor Untouchable. That’s the only one that features both a seamless front with engineered mesh on the lower half and the center seam on the back.

5a5bd85043581.image.jpg?resize=1200,921

5991fb861d192.image.jpg?resize=1200,1595

4 hours ago, WavePunter said:

even if there were multiple manufacturers again, that doesnt get you to a place that is much better. look at CFB - they’re all going in the same direction, trying to make the best uniform possible for the athlete and in the most extreme cases, like the Steelers or Packers, their sleeve stripes will never again look as they were originally intended. no matter if they were on a UA, adididas, Nike, or Russel template. they’ve evolved a bit over time along with the templates and should continue to do so

the base VU template is extremely minimal, but Nike does some special things with, i believe, ATL, ARZ, TEN, IND, DEN, and others to make their designs possible.

i cant argue your aesthetic preferences about the VU, but i definitley can not agree the uniform is ugly. IMO there’s never been a better football uniform, from either form or function perspectives. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

13 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

That would look so ugly (in my opinion and no offense intended). We already saw a similar attempt in the Ravens one off with the gold pants. The shade of gold wouldn't matter. Black helmet, teal jersey, gold pants (any shade of gold) would instantly be the ugliest uniform on the field. 

Yet the Ravens looked a lot better with gold pants compared to the mono black or the black leotards they consistently wear.  I think if teams have gold as a color they should at least match the color as far as their pants or maybe as an alternate jersey color.  Teams like the Packers, Steelers, Saints, the throwback Rams uniforms etc have looked tremendous with gold pants with both as a home and away set.  I think the Jaguars can do the same as well, besides it just dull and predictable with all white all the time, and I am never going to be a fan of it.

2 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

Yet the Ravens looked a lot better with gold pants compared to the mono black or the black leotards they consistently wear.  I think if teams have gold as a color they should at least match the color as far as their pants or maybe as an alternate jersey color.  Teams like the Packers, Steelers, Saints, the throwback Rams uniforms etc have looked tremendous with gold pants with both as a home and away set.  I think the Jaguars can do the same as well, besides it just dull and predictable with all white all the time, and I am never going to be a fan of it.

Ehh..

3xzgpge.jpg

1 hour ago, Gupti said:

Ehh..

3xzgpge.jpg

I think a richer gold and gold numbers would help the look, but I don't know if it would ever get "there". I think that copper-y Saints throwback gold would look good with the teal.

4 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

The Ravens did not look better than the mono black. They looked the worst they ever looked when they broke out the gold pants. I understand we're arguing over opinions here, but teams look terrible when they have 3 different colors for their helmets, jerseys and pants (note: I mean dark color jerseys, not white away jerseys). Those other teams you mention look good because either the pants or the jerseys match the helmets in those instances so there is color balance. And even in the cases of teams like the Steelers when they're away so the colors go Black/White/Yellow, the jersey and helmet still have strong color balance due to so much yellow still being used. Having a black helmet, teal jersey, and gold pants would look flat out terrible and they'd be widely mocked for having such a look. 

I am a huge fan of the font the Jags use now.  Not so much the logo at all, but it's fine.  Black matte helmet, no teal pearlescent gimmick crap.  They don't need to make huge changes, but they do need to make sure it's not disjointed in the end.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I just complain that teams can’t all look the same but different colors. There is no point in these forums if every team is a carbon copy of each other. Some teams like the 49ers who have a long history should be keeping their basic look. But a team like the jaguars are establishing an identity right now, so they should be creative with it. I’m not saying be buccaneers overboard but not every team can look the same. Do I think the current look is perfect? No, but a few tweaks (mainly the helmet) and it’s better than if we just went back to the 95-96 unis. There just needs to be a difference between teams outside of colors and helmet logos. I argue the font needs to be not block, because it is one part of a uniform you can be creative with and not hurt the overall design entirely. It doesn’t have to be extreme but just don’t be simple and “traditional” because you are the most modern new identity besides the Texans.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

1 hour ago, Teal said:

Gold jerseys with teal pants would look nice.

No. Hell no. That'd be the worst combination they could put together with their current colors. They work well as complimentary colors with the black, but not both together.

Black, Teal and White jersey option.

Black, Gold and White pant option.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

13 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

even if there were multiple manufacturers again, that doesnt get you to a place that is much better. look at CFB - they’re all going in the same direction, trying to make the best uniform possible for the athlete and in the most extreme cases, like the Steelers or Packers, their sleeve stripes will never again look as they were originally intended. no matter if they were on a UA, adididas, Nike, or Russel template. they’ve evolved a bit over time along with the templates and should continue to do so

the base VU template is extremely minimal, but Nike does some special things with, i believe, ATL, ARZ, TEN, IND, DEN, and others to make their designs possible.

i cant argue your aesthetic preferences about the VU, but i definitley can not agree the uniform is ugly. IMO there’s never been a better football uniform, from either form or function perspectives. 

Who said it's ugly?

Turns out I may have been mislead by the way Nike markets their various Vapor Untouchable templates.. In several places, they only call the standard "vapor untouchable", but they call all the other modified versions "vapor UT".. Got access to a team catalog, and in there, they're all called "vapor untouchable", so I stand corrected.. It appears it is a modified untouchable, just marketed as UT everywhere I've seen previously

Archived