Jump to content

Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018


JagAaron33
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BrandMooreArt said:

 

thats a solid argument for emphasizing teal, but im still not sold 100%. ill propose another idea: they should introduce a new color. this is a franchise that has nothing to lose, they're one of if not THE least popular team in the league and theres nothing really worth keeping from a historical point. i say they go black, teal, and copper. 

 

IMG_2867.JPG.7290d88a3b2cfa6382532d181548411c.JPG

 

the right amount of black would add just enough testosterone to make for a really unique and exciting look if you ask me :)

 That's the color scheme I wish would've come to fruition as the Tennessee Copperheads (now Titans)! I've actually had a Tennessee team concept in that colorway in the works for quite some time...

 

...That said, that scheme makes me think more "southwest" (i.e. Arizona/New Mexico), but if the Jags are smart about it, they can make it work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/29/2017 at 10:26 AM, AstroBull21 said:

In a vacuum, the number font, wordmark, and logo should stay. 

 

Helmet should be black, preferably in satin finish like the Vikings.  Jerseys go back to teal primary, black secondary, with a hint of gold.

 

...and get rid of the Jags shield patch.  Too cluttered.

Are you me?

Thats exactly what they should do. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

I don't get the love for the real flake helmet. All matte or satin black would be way better. I'd like for them to keep the JAGS patch as well.

 

And i don't get any preference for matte helmets, ESPECIALLY black ones. Something about this, while it may seem cool and stylish on paper and in a vacuum, just looks so cheap and unprofessional in practice, especially when matched up against regular glossy helmets, and that's before you get to the fact that they look straight up gray in the sunlight. A glossy Jag head on one of these is a no-go for me.

 

image.jpeg.23b3d3bf0fc0570fc438517cce49b260.jpeg

 

There was something rather beautiful to me about how the gold Jag head looked on a glossy black helmet with no keyline. It kind of blended in with the surface yet was at the same time strikingly distinguishable (notwithstanding the fact that the old Jag was somewhat of an antiquated blob).

 

 

image.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Seahawks and Vikings helmets look great in the satin finish, I’d imagine the Jaguars with black satin would look great too. The problem with the teal flake helmet is that in any lighting but bright sunny skies, the helmets had a navy color look to them. Didn’t match the teal or the black jerseys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t get all the love for the matte helmet craze, I think the mlb matte helmets look horrible and are a major downgrade. I hope the jags get this right, go back to the black gloss helmets, I’m ok with the new jaguar logo but lose the patch and go back to something close to the set worn in the coughlin years. I think that look was a contemporary classic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 ^Putting in a request for images of good satin (NOT matte) black finishes that work and do not look cheap/gray. The satin navy and purple look great for the Seahawks and Viking (although the Vikes' domes don't match with the jersey well), but color me skeptical still that it could work for my Jags' black lids, even in favor of matte.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gupti said:

 ^Putting in a request for images of good satin (NOT matte) black finishes that work and do not look cheap/gray. The satin navy and purple look great for the Seahawks and Viking (although the Vikes' domes don't match with the jersey well), but color me skeptical still that it could work for my Jags' black lids, even in favor of matte.

I'd imagine black nonmetallic satin to be a lot like the black Ohio State lids below:

 

image_1474afd5-00b7-4afb-88ae-985f8668a1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gupti said:

 

And i don't get any preference for matte helmets, ESPECIALLY black ones. Something about this, while it may seem cool and stylish on paper and in a vacuum, just looks so cheap and unprofessional in practice, especially when matched up against regular glossy helmets, and that's before you get to the fact that they look straight up gray in the sunlight. A glossy Jag head on one of these is a no-go for me.

 

image.jpeg.23b3d3bf0fc0570fc438517cce49b260.jpeg

 

There was something rather beautiful to me about how the gold Jag head looked on a glossy black helmet with no keyline. It kind of blended in with the surface yet was at the same time strikingly distinguishable (notwithstanding the fact that the old Jag was somewhat of an antiquated blob).

 

 

image.jpeg

 

 

Don't know why you used that pic of Purdue when you could have just used a front view of the Jags helmet.

 

7645252.jpgSan+Francisco+49ers+v+Jacksonville+Jagua

20131023-henne.jpg

 

 

 

Matte finishes just seem correct for athletic gear, and fits perfectly with sports uniforms. Gloss on any sport helmet is really pointless. Matte helmets, when done right, are just gorgeous.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, daveindc said:

Don't know why you used that pic of Purdue when you could have just used a front view of the Jags helmet.

 

Ha, that was to show off how cheap the shiny decals look on the matte surface. The Jags helmet is just so bad that it gets in the way of describing how bad it is.

 

3 minutes ago, daveindc said:

Matte finishes just seem correct for athletic gear, and fits perfectly with sports uniforms. Gloss on any sport helmet is really pointless.

 

Except that it looks good ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

 

thats a solid argument for emphasizing teal, but im still not sold 100%. ill propose another idea: they should introduce a new color. this is a franchise that has nothing to lose, they're one of if not THE least popular team in the league and theres nothing really worth keeping from a historical point. i say they go black, teal, and copper. 

 

IMG_2867.JPG.7290d88a3b2cfa6382532d181548411c.JPG

 

the right amount of black would add just enough testosterone to make for a really unique and exciting look if you ask me :)

I thought the point was to get away from the dolphins? This only makes them look more alike and also diminishes the jaguar fur connection. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I only want the Jaguars to fix the problems they have with their current uniforms, like:

  • Removing the absurd amount of outlines on the numbers, only one outline
  • Full pant stripe
  • Actually USE the teal jerseys
  • Change the numbers to white on the teal jerseys
  • Remove every trace of the Color Rush uniforms from existence
  • Must I even mention the helmet?

I actually do like the uniforms and logos as a whole.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Gobbi said:

Matte black helmets look like they've been given a coat of primer before gloss was meant to be added, and then they were just forgotten about. 

 

It's athletic gear, not pieces of metal.

 

That analogy is even weaker when there's cars with matte finishes:

 

blackbeast1.jpg

1525.jpg

c585c0ebc4f27691257b33e898d31e2e--ford-r

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, daveindc said:

 

It's athletic gear, not pieces of metal.

 

That analogy is even weaker when there's cars with matte finishes

I feel the same way about cars with matte finishes. They look incomplete. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/30/2017 at 4:17 AM, Tracy Jordan said:

God bless you, Tom Coughlin!

 

Can the Jags just call it a do-over and go back to the unis they wore circa 2008 (including bringing back the old logo)? Problem solved.

 

Green+Bay+Packers+v+Jacksonville+Jaguars

 

A return to this set, but keeping the current Jags head logo, shield, & wordmark could be an interesting look. Sort of like a marriage of the 2 identity brand eras. 

 

What should happen is a return of the gloss black helmet shell with metallic teal flakes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do think this was the best uniform set the team ever had. I recall when they were shown to the public, it was said that the team wanted to emphasize more of the teal and less of the black. There was a comment I think I remember about how they always wore too much black, particularly on nationally televised games. This is why team became the primary jersey again and the helmet had that really cool teal glitter finish. Then suddenly, they abandoned it and went right to black and gold. Black and gold is a fine color combination, but in a league where you already have Pittsburgh and New Orleans, what is the point?

 

If it were up to me (and it's not) I'd make the helmets black again, with the current logo and bring back the glitter finish. I'd personally prefer them to use white or teal helmets, but I think glossy black is a compromise I could live with. Teal jerseys with white numbers, black and/or gold as an accent color only. White pants and maybe, dare I say it, teal pants? I think a teal color rush would be pretty sweet.

 

I think Jacksonville has a nice and unique color scheme that can work, I think the reason it doesn't is because they do want to follow trends rather than what looks good. I'm tired of BFBS and think that the Jags need to ditch it quick! Something as simple as the previous uniforms is just fine.

jags-09-11-teal-zumapress-vert-620x930.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • LMU locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.