Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

4 hours ago, NYC Cosmos said:

Simple fix for Jags. Gold helmet with jaguar pattern; black jerseys with logos on sleeves, gold pants. Use teal sparingly. Jags aren't teal.

You posted that same dumb "Jags aren't teal" argument a week ago. It's a horrible argument. 85% of teams with an animal as a logo violates this "rule".

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Gr3g3 said:

You posted that same dumb "Jags aren't teal" argument a week ago. It's a horrible argument. 85% of teams with an animal as a logo violates this "rule".

I’m seriously considering a concept series where teams’ colors are “fixed” to be more accurate to their IRL mascots.

SPOILER: There will be a lot more brown teams than only the Browns now.

I'd love to see teal and gold emphasized over black. It wont happen, but it'd be cool if it did. The more traditional sets the Jaguars wore at the beginning are fine, but just don't suit the identity of the team IMO. They're a 90's expansion team with an exotic mascot and bright colors, and I feel like their style should be loud and modern to fit that identity. Not garish, but not too simple and reliant on black like they have been in years past. 

spacer.png

On 2/1/2018 at 9:44 PM, henburg said:

I'd love to see teal and gold emphasized over black. It wont happen, but it'd be cool if it did. The more traditional sets the Jaguars wore at the beginning are fine, but just don't suit the identity of the team IMO. They're a 90's expansion team with an exotic mascot and bright colors, and I feel like their style should be loud and modern to fit that identity. Not garish, but not too simple and reliant on black like they have been in years past. 

This. He’s got it. Not just in color but design. 

1 hour ago, Gr3g3 said:

Looks like this one slipped by me. 

If everything Mark Long has reported is right, it sounds like the Jaguars will have a gloss finished black helmet

And this. Can’t complain, as long as it is black and only black

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

2 hours ago, Gr3g3 said:

Looks like this one slipped by me. 

If everything Mark Long has reported is right, it sounds like the Jaguars will have a gloss finished black helmet

If true, thank god. Kudos to them for eschewing such a corny trend this time around (and an unsightly one, at that).

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Unfortunately, "not matte" doesn't necessarily mean "glossy" these days.  There are plenty of steps between.

Satin or eggshell/semigloss would be fine. Chrome would be as much of a disaster as two-tone. But I'm glad it's not matte.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 hours ago, Gupti said:

If true, thank god. Kudos to them for eschewing such a corny trend this time around (and an unsightly one, at that).

Part of what made those helmets worse is that they went straight up "flat" to glossy. 

Even if it was all black, it was too "matte" imo. Something in SEA or MIN territory would be much preferable. 

On 2/1/2018 at 7:18 PM, Gr3g3 said:

um, wasn't me. I wasn't even in the country.

On February 6, 2018 at 11:04 AM, Claystation360 said:

It's supposed to be a glossy black shell with current logo unless something shocking changes.  

Is this just from Mark Long's tweets or have you heard this elsewhere?

Archived