Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

Just now, Brian in Boston said:

Hopefully, Coughlin had the good sense (and taste) to advocate for bringing back the uniforms that the Jaguars wore from 1998 through 2000.  

I honestly don't know how much (if any) input he had when he was in NY but the giants have arguably the best uniforms in the league, despite being super simple. So i'd like to think this is a good sign. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Paul Lukas was referencing the set before the Nike makeover when he said the Jags' uniforms needed gold because it added warmth to the look. I don't always agree with Lukas but he was right about that, and ditching gold now would be a shame for the same reason.

37 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

I think Paul Lukas was referencing the set before the Nike makeover when he said the Jags' uniforms needed gold because it added warmth to the look. I don't always agree with Lukas but he was right about that, and ditching gold now would be a shame for the same reason.

Warmth absolutely comes to mind. It was something that the 2009 set dearly missed. Weaver said he wanted it to feel clean, but it just felt sterile and devoid.

Anyways, Coughlin started with the team back in 1994, so it’s safe to assume that he could have had a part in the first uniforms that hit the field (not the goofy ones that were rejected, either), so I feel as though the uniform is in good hands.

1 hour ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

I'd argue that point.

The fact alone that your name is the Giants and instead of that uppercase, bold-looking wordmark from the past you use a dinky, lowercase "ny" shows that they don't even understand their own brand.

But that's a rant for another thread

16 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

The fact alone that your name is the Giants and instead of that uppercase, bold-looking wordmark from the past you use a dinky, lowercase "ny" shows that they don't even understand their own brand.

But that's a rant for another thread

They can use both.

The real issue with the Giants is that white and red jersey.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

http://www.jacksonville.com/sports/20180212/jaguars-announce-tarp-removal-2018-season-ticket-renewal-plan

Shad was more involved up-front and Tom was more involved once we got some things together. Tom had some really specific design principles that were important to him — very traditional.” 

Also said they couldn’t help but notice the fans love of teal.

6 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

I'd argue that point.

I'd argue it for the simple point that the two jerseys don't even match. One has red stripes and numbers and completely void of blue while the other is solid blue with white numbers and completely void of red.

The Jaguars also confirmed Monday that the team will wear new uniforms and helmets for the upcoming 2018 season. The final design will be unveiled later this spring, likely at the State of the Franchise address, which will occur in April. The color teal, which had been relegated to a secondary color under Khan, should make a return to prominence in the regular jersey in 2018.

"There will be no change in our color palette. It's the same as it's always been with teal and white and black and gold," Lamping said. "One thing I've noticed is that even though teal became more of an accent color for us, that didn't change what the fans were wearing. I think it's something they take great pride in, and our players wore teal for some very, very important games last year and I think they saw the response from the fans. Teal will continue to be a part of our uniforms going forward."

https://www.news4jax.com/sports/nfl/jaguars/jaguars-to-remove-tarps-from-seats-in-2018

Archived