Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

Man, it's hard to get excited about that.

Getting rid of the teal away numbers... not cool, guys!  Teal away numbers are what made the team recognizable when it was starting out, because they got those big playoff wins in those away jerseys.

I will save my judgment for when I see them and in motion, and hopefully they keep the font.  But that's almost too much black.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If those mock-ups are correct, then the Jaguars will be guilty of one of the worst problems in redesigns: going too far in an opposite direction. The team doesn’t have the historical clout to do the super-simple look (although if the teal shade is bright enough, it might work), and the mere idea of the minimalist design comes off as an overreaction against a failed “modern” design.

I’m going to wait until the release date, but the reports don’t inspire confidence.

So if this is true, they’re going to look like so many of the Panthers concepts that get posted here. That’s beyond disappointing. It’s baffling why (if true) they refuse to look like an NFL team. 

If they’re going to this stupid look, which seems stupid for a team in Florida, I really hope they don’t go with block numbers and end up looking like bootlegs of themselves. 

I really hope this is proven to be false, because if not, other than the helmet, they somehow figured out how to move in the wrong direction from an already horrid set. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

If those mock-ups are correct, then the Jaguars will be guilty of one of the worst problems in redesigns: going too far in an opposite direction. The team doesn’t have the historical clout to do the super-simple look (although if the teal shade is bright enough, it might work), and the mere idea of the minimalist design comes off as an overreaction against a failed “modern” design.

I’m going to wait until the release date, but the reports don’t inspire confidence.

The teal is exactly the same shade as the 2013 - 2017 set. 

Jaguars

This board always hits the landing on overreacting.

I really can't believe anybody with eyes thinks the mock up on the previous page (which is close, but not exactly right) would be a downgrade from either of the previous 2 sets. It's such a clear and obvious upgrade.

Of course it's not as good as the original (95-08) design, but we all knew it wasn't going to be that.

2 minutes ago, Gr3g3 said:

This board always hits the landing on overreacting.

I really can't believe anybody with eyes thinks the mock up on the previous page (which is close, but not exactly right) would be a downgrade from either of the previous 2 sets. It's such a clear and obvious upgrade.

Of course it's not as good as the original (95-08) design, but we all knew it wasn't going to be that.

It's more about how much of a missed opportunity the mock-up would be, and also the fact that we've had much better work on the Concepts page than what's allegedly coming to the Jaguars.

If going "traditional" is going bland and boring then they've accomplished that. I dont see the point of hyping up teal to have it down to striping and numbers. Hopefully that Parker poster is right about a Teal primary. 

1 hour ago, Gr3g3 said:

7 year old me doesn't remember that :lol:

We would like to forget that....

fwnSyE7.jpg

If the mockup is accurate, then I echo everyone else. Even some gold trim on the numbers make a huge difference. 

And of course, teal numbers for the white jerseys is what we need. 

Go A's!

Teal numbers in the white jersey with black sleeve stripes, black pants, and of course helmet could look ok. 

Theres no salvaging solid teal numbers on a black jersey. It’s incomprehensible that responsible adults could green-light a design like that. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 minutes ago, hugevolsfan said:

Man did you see the former helmet these unis are the best thing ever compared to that monstrosity.

Right? I mean even if it's not your style it's such a massive upgrade.

On 2/28/2018 at 5:34 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

If by "all black" you mean monochrome black including the pants, then I'm going to go ahead and start hating them now.

Monochrome in the NFL sucks. No exceptions. None.

Now that this (supposing it's legitimate) mock-up is out, I'm taking this opportunity to quote myself.

The almost total lack of gold?  Dumb and disappointing.

The 49er-alt-like single color numbers on black?  Dumb, ugly, and potentially problematic.

The monochrome helmet-jersey-pants-sock combination?  100% deal breaker for me, every time. 

Arena League, XFL, High Schools and D2 college teams can go monochrome (if they don't mind looking small-time, I guess) but I'll never consider it a legitimate look for an actual NFL team.  It's like minor league baseball... it's awesome for some team to call themselves the Biscuits, or the Lug Nuts, and put some goofy cartoon character on their cap... why not?  But if a MLB team did it, it would be rightfully ridiculed. Different leagues have different standards. I'm assuming the Jaguars consider themselves to be an actual NFL team... they should think about dressing like one.

(I still blame the Seahawks for legitimizing this crap.)

13 minutes ago, Gr3g3 said:

Right? I mean even if it's not your style it's such a massive upgrade.

It is better than the last set in every way except for the numbers, that I will say.

However, it’s just frustrating that they gave themselves the chance to get everything right and create a perfect, dignified NFL uniform for the Jaguars (like the Vikings did) yet appear to have resigned themselves to at least another five years of trendy, transitional mediocrity.

2 hours ago, j'villejags said:

I tried to make a concept based on these rumors -- 

mGY0I8H.png

Thoughts @jagsgeek and @TSHARE18 ? 

I actually don't mind this look. My biggest gripe would be the numbers. Make them white and they've got a solid look IMO, gold or no gold.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

If it's anywhere close to the mockups they aren't that much better.  Comparing them to the previous uniforms isn't fair because the previous uniforms had their own levels of problems. The helmet especially.  But again, the helmet was one of the major issues with this set.  I'm glad they're supposedly removing the dumb military-inspired shield but without any gold anywhere on the uniforms it stands out worse. 

Saying there's no teal in the away means they aren't embracing teal at all as a primary color. they're now a black and white team with some teal.  or hell...just a black team with teal bits here and there.  If this is the direction it's a really bad direction and shows poor insight as to what (teal) people (teal) want (why not teal?)

Just because it's an improvement over the last set doesn't mean it's any better in the grand scheme of things.

Archived