Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do teams keep insisting on dark numbers on dark jerseys, and exacerbate the problem by not even having a bright outline ? You can pull off gold, white, and silver numbers on dark jerseys without outlines, but you can't do that with a whole lot else. The Stanford jerseys posted earlier are a good example of why not to do that. I don't even like the dark numbers when an outline is used.

What's truly concerning is that Jacksonville seems to have managed to downgrade from the neck down. The helmet was an all-time bad design that seemed to distract people from how bad the rest of the uniform was. I probably would have rated it a bottom 5 look in the league with a regular helmet rather than the absolute worst with the abomination helmet. So still not great.

Obviously, the pendulum has swung too far in the opposite direction for these Jags uniforms, assuming the mockups and leaks are accurate, but I think they were on the right track, honestly. The uniforms strike me as an unfinished step on the way to a solid set. Swapping the dark jersey numbers to white and swapping the white jerseys numbers to teal would be a vast improvement. If they really wanted to get crazy, a gold stripe between the stripes on the sleeves and pants would actually make these pretty nice IMO. I actually like the number font. It's nice and clean and works really well in one color...oh and teal socks please.

5 hours ago, TSHARE18 said:

He got banned, he was just excited about the uniforms, not sure why he was getting all the negative feedback. 

He got banned for more than just "being excited".

Member has been suspended for abusive behavior, belligerence towards the moderator team, and report button abuse.

1 hour ago, DeFrank said:

Even this is a better look. 

jacksonville-jaguars-fred-taylor-rb-flor

Even with an identity that wants black numbers/black primacy over teal, you get warm with the use of gold. The use of gold is like, so essential to making any of this work.

This is borderline perfect, if they went back to this they would have a top 10 look in my opinion. Change to teal numbers and you have a top 5 look. 

Oh my...

PROS:

All-black helmet

Teal pants

CONS:

Everything else

The team is replacing a borderline perfect uniform from the neck down with THIS? It desperately needs gold, and even then it would be a large downgrade.

ExJworW.png

3 hours ago, DeFrank said:

Even this is a better look. 

jacksonville-jaguars-fred-taylor-rb-flor

Even with an identity that wants black numbers/black primacy over teal, you get warm with the use of gold. The use of gold is like, so essential to making any of this work.

This number font is great and so much better than their current one IMO.

5 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

Never was a fan of that set. The color balance is way out of whack. Either use thinner teal stripe on pants or add more teal to jersey.

I think swapping the places of the gold and teal outlines on the numbers would get the color balance pretty close. The gold outlines are much thicker than the teal, but it's backwards IMO. Possibly switch the gold on the sleeves for teal, or add a thin gold stripe like on the pants or the updated numbers. There's already a bunch of gold on the sleeves from the logo.

18 hours ago, jagsgeek said:

Anyway, here you all go

0A7hRNl.jpg

If you squint, those look pretty much identical to their 2009 redesigned unis except they managed to make them look even worse...

3467197010_e0e1c90554_o.png

Yes, they fixed the two-tone helmets. But anybody who says this new design is in any way an upgrade over the 2009-2012 unis (which were either horrendous or mediocre depending on who you ask) is kidding themselves.

So they just made worse versions of the jerseys that they got a waiver from the NFL to change earlier than they should have been able to. If that's not treading water, I don't know what is.

1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Oh my...

PROS:

All-black helmet

Teal pants

CONS:

Everything else

The team is replacing a borderline perfect uniform from the neck down with THIS? It desperately needs gold, and even then it would be a large downgrade.

What? Their current look is a cluttered mess. It is nowhere near borderline perfect. In fact it's probably bottom 5 in the league. From the "leather" look on the shoulders, to the ugly collar and different colored sleeves and the weird Jags patch w/ the head facing backwards. And the pants that just had a weird random shape. It was a mess. 

49 minutes ago, Tracy Jordan said:

If you squint, those look pretty much identical to their 2009 redesigned unis except they managed to make them look even worse...

3467197010_e0e1c90554_o.png

Yes, they fixed the two-tone helmets. But anybody who says this new design is in any way an upgrade over the 2009-2012 unis (which were either horrendous or mediocre depending on who you ask) is kidding themselves.

Am I taking crazy pills? The mock ups are so much better than this. The random snakes on this jersey were a horrible design and looked different on every single player. Seriously search Aaron Kampman or Tyson Alualu during that era. The look was horrendous. 

Archived