Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

10 minutes ago, Gr3g3 said:

Am I taking crazy pills? The mock ups are so much better than this. The random snakes on this jersey were a horrible design and looked different on every single player. Seriously search Aaron Kampman or Tyson Alualu during that era. The look was horrendous. 

Which illustrates just how bad those mock ups are

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Gr3g3 said:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5MhmGf9zMM8/TJJgTmMLvaI/AAAAAAAADnc/ah2pBkan014/s1600/9-16-10+usa+today+link.png

Stop. I don't believe anybody actually thinks that ^ looks better than the mock ups. But go ahead and fire away with the hyperbole ridden takes. 

Design is as much, if not more about purpose than it is about aesthetics. For a flag football team that plays in a city park and doesn’t take stats, I’d agree with you that the new mockups are appropriate and more attractive. For an NFL team playing in a 60,000+ seat stadium in which announcers, spotters, and statisticians need to identify players from the press box in seconds, the old ones were certainly better.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

28 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Design is as much, if not more about purpose than it is about aesthetics. For a flag football team that plays in a city park and doesn’t take stats, I’d agree with you that the new mockups are appropriate and more attractive. For an NFL team playing in a 60,000+ seat stadium in which announcers, spotters, and statisticians need to identify players from the press box in seconds, the old ones were certainly better.

We'll have to see them in action. Maybe it's a total mess and they need to change the numbers. Honestly it's a hard determination to make from poor quality tech sheets.

1 hour ago, Gr3g3 said:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5MhmGf9zMM8/TJJgTmMLvaI/AAAAAAAADnc/ah2pBkan014/s1600/9-16-10+usa+today+link.png

Stop. I don't believe anybody actually thinks that ^ looks better than the mock ups. But go ahead and fire away with the hyperbole ridden takes. 

Nike fixed that jersey production problem and made them all consistent. With Nike's fix, yes, 100% that design is better than this new one (if it turns out to be true). Both are blah, yes. But at least this had legible numbers and wasn't a monochrome mess (except for their last season when Khan took over the team and made them all black).

Screen-shot-2012-09-28-at-10.10.16-.png156662043.0_standard_352.0.jpg

I used @j'villejags's clean renderings of the new unis to illustrate what I think would be a better execution of the concept that they're running with (I colored in some stripes and added outlines, the rest is his work). They still aren't perfect, per se, but I'd tolerate something like this a lot more.

RmtvAXw.png

RlS737d.png

v32eKXS.png

The general public hasn't been a fan of the mockups either. My brother, who has been dead set on buying a Jalen Ramsey jersey once the new uniforms were released, is now not going to do so with this design. I've seen other fans say they aren't interested in buying this jersey, if things hold true. (Granted, we know many still will buy jerseys, but still.) If these people are not excited about buying the most profitable piece of merchandise, the article that has garnered tons of money and is the reason why teams continue to change uniforms and Color Rush exists, than that alone would make this a failure of a design.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

2 hours ago, Gupti said:

I used @j'villejags's clean renderings of the new unis to illustrate what I think would be a better execution of the concept that they're running with (I colored in some stripes and added outlines, the rest is his work). They still aren't perfect, per se, but I'd tolerate something like this a lot more.

RmtvAXw.png

RlS737d.png

v32eKXS.png

Double outline the numbers and make the numbers on teal jersey white and it's acceptable.

bSLCtu2.png

4 hours ago, Gupti said:

Nailed it. The simple addition of gold makes them look 40 billion times better.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

25 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I do.  

I guess I do too, but that’s like saying i like a punch in the face more than a punt in the balls. While one is technically painful than the other, you want to avoid both at all costs. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 3/4/2018 at 3:32 AM, jagsgeek said:

Anyway, here you all go

0A7hRNl.jpg

The white combination should have teal as the stripe/numeral/letter color.

The teal combination - in sticking with Nike being Nike - should have gold as the stripe/numeral/letter color.

These aren't great by any means, but any update that involves fixing their current helmet is a massive upgrade.

6 hours ago, Gupti said:

RmtvAXw.png

RlS737d.png

v32eKXS.png

This is what the kids call making chicken salad out of chicken ...

I'm a little late in on this latest development...

So, is the consensus that these are real?  When trying to scroll through on a 5 page catch-up, it seemed somebody from the team was saying these weren't real.

At any rate, if this is it, that's pretty bad.  The moronic insistence on monochrome is completely expected so I'll try to ignore it (after mentioning again that it blows 110% of the time, and is beneath the dignity of an actual NFL team), but the other apparent decisions are stupid, too. 

Is that the font?  I'm assuming it's a generic placeholder, because that's exactly what it looks like.  And while the teal numbers on black will be difficult to read, the black numbers on teal will be almost impossible.

It's a real shame Teal was suspended through this... he/she must be pounding his/her head on the keyboard, itching to post about five dozen one-sentence posts.

20 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm a little late in on this latest development...

So, is the consensus that these are real?  When trying to scroll through on a 5 page catch-up, it seemed somebody from the team was saying these weren't real.

At any rate, if this is it, that's pretty bad.  The moronic insistence on monochrome is completely expected so I'll try to ignore it (after mentioning again that it blows 110% of the time, and is beneath the dignity of an actual NFL team), but the other apparent decisions are stupid, too. 

Is that the font?  I'm assuming it's a generic placeholder, because that's exactly what it looks like.  And while the teal numbers on black will be difficult to read, the black numbers on teal will be almost impossible.

It's a real shame Teal was suspended through this... he/she must be pounding his head on the keyboard, itching to post about five dozen one-sentence posts.

To my knowledge no one from the team has said they aren't real, simply that they aren't accurate. It's quite possible that these are legit but aren't the final version. As a user claiming to have seen them said, the number font might be different.

4 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

To my knowledge no one from the team has said they aren't real, simply that they aren't accurate. It's quite possible that these are legit but aren't the final version. As a user claiming to have seen them said, the number font might be different.

Or they could just be trying to downplay a leak.  There's simply no way to know right now.

Archived