Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

57 minutes ago, Volt said:

They could’ve made a few tweaks to it to make it cleaner and give it an update, while fixing the helmet, and called it a day.  This all black with limited teal and no gold is mind-boggling.

Teal needed to be the primary.  Unlike most of you I hate all previous Jags uniform designs and don’t dig the Mark Brunelle or Fred Taylor era uniforms, but agreed that teal was the way to go for the primary.  The late 00’s set with no gold were atrocious and they’re repeating that error now.

It’s wait and see for the official unveiling but this doesn’t feel good at all.  

I'm not sure 'a few tweaks' in addition to a solid color helmet would have done it. What would you consider those tweaks? I hate the current unis.

30 minutes ago, TSHARE18 said:

I don’t ever remember anyone having anything good to say about the last set on these boards. It was always “even with a solid color helmet these are bottom 2 uniforms in the league” Now all of a sudden everyone liked the uniforms. I was a huge fan of the teal jersey/black pants look. I especially liked the black numbers on the teal jersey. The white jerseys were also great because of the balance of the colors (the collar stripe wasn’t gold). I liked the black jersey the least. The white numbers didn’t fit in with the rest of the uniforms unless the wore the white pants, which then made the uniforms not feature enough teal. The white pants made the entire set look off balance when they were worn. I’ll wait to see how they look on the players and on TV before judging these upcoming uniforms, but from what we have seen I think I will love the black set and teal set. The away should have teal numbers. I also think the white pants will have the same issue as the last set. I’m glad they have teal pants now. The whole entire set would look a million times better with a gold outline though, but I’d take these over the same old boring white numbers every other team wears. This isn’t the 70s anymore. It’s a HD Television sport now, the numbers will be perfectly visible from your couch and on the huge Jumbotrons at the stadiums. The spotters and announcers will be fine. Also these are a billion times better than the Blaine Gabbert era mismatched squiggly stripes uniforms, I think I hated the stretchy Reebok jerseys more than the previous two toned helmets. 

Nope - still not loving them [or calling them anything other than calling them the bottom-2 uniform in the league]. I disagree that the numbers will be visible if the black jersey with single layer teal numbers is correct. I distinctly recall not being sure which 49er was which in their color rush uni, and these are akin to that.  To each their own - that' what makes this place fun.

It's where I sit.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

This is very welcomed. The only thing that I would add is some teal in pants. Perhaps for that small area of white between the gold and black?

Exactly what I was thinking. Adding an area of teal between the gold and black on the pants will mirror how there is a small area of white between the gold and black stripes on the jersey.

1 hour ago, TSHARE18 said:

I don’t ever remember anyone having anything good to say about the last set on these boards. It was always “even with a solid color helmet these are bottom 2 uniforms in the league” Now all of a sudden everyone liked the uniforms. I was a huge fan of the teal jersey/black pants look. I especially liked the black numbers on the teal jersey. The white jerseys were also great because of the balance of the colors (the collar stripe wasn’t gold). I liked the black jersey the least. The white numbers didn’t fit in with the rest of the uniforms unless the wore the white pants, which then made the uniforms not feature enough teal. The white pants made the entire set look off balance when they were worn. I’ll wait to see how they look on the players and on TV before judging these upcoming uniforms, but from what we have seen I think I will love the black set and teal set. The away should have teal numbers. I also think the white pants will have the same issue as the last set. I’m glad they have teal pants now. The whole entire set would look a million times better with a gold outline though, but I’d take these over the same old boring white numbers every other team wears. This isn’t the 70s anymore. It’s a HD Television sport now, the numbers will be perfectly visible from your couch and on the huge Jumbotrons at the stadiums. The spotters and announcers will be fine. Also these are a billion times better than the Blaine Gabbert era mismatched squiggly stripes uniforms, I think I hated the stretchy Reebok jerseys more than the previous two toned helmets. 

I think the current jags set is actually liked by more than 50% of the board - including a few of the “traditionalists”. There’s been tons of comments about how if they just fixed the helmet they’d be fine.  It’s just the helmet that pulls them down to bottom 2 or 3. 

I certainly can’t prove that, but that’s my feelings based on reading all the posts since ever. 

I’m definitely in the camp that the current set is a mobstrocity regardless of helmet, but I think I’m either in the minority or a small majority. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

40 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I'm not sure 'a few tweaks' in addition to a solid color helmet would have done it. What would you consider those tweaks? I hate the current unis.

I think the current set gets an awfully bad rap and it's an otherwise good uniform.  The Teal-on-Black set should be the primary.  Remove the gloss print on the shoulders, move away from the "shards" around the neck and go to a solid collar (Black on Teal & White, Teal on Black...match the sleeve color), lose the double number outline (although I like it in general, especially on the White jersey), remove the shield logo (I love it, and don't get the hate), and maybe take the pant stripe all the way to the hip and knee (I don't mind it as-is) and they're cleaner.  Also...swap the Black socks out for Teal for balance when wearing Teal jerseys; they went full leotard with the Black Pants-on-Black Socks; never go full leotard.

This is not a "mess" by any means, and their Black-on-Black and White-on-White looks aren't bad at all either (I'd lose the White-on-Black).  Never go Gold Color Rush again....add a Teal pant for that.  The Black jerseys could be fixed by just doing the above and changing to Teal numbers with a Gold outline. 

It's amazing to me that people hate these, yet spend no time hating awful relics like what Atlanta and Arizona are wearing, not to mention Denver, Philadelphia, Cincinnati and Carolina. The Ravens and Texans even look worse than the Jags.

870617974-cincinnati-bengals-v-jacksonvi

usatsi_10396790.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

870627166-cincinnati-bengals-v-jacksonvi

usa_today_10396943.0.jpg

The Ravens need better helmet logos, Denver's look was copied by every high school and pee wee team and looks bad with that washed out orange. Jacksonville's proposed look is almost comical because of how basic it is. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I think the current jags set is actually liked by more than 50% of the board - including a few of the “traditionalists”. There’s been tons of comments about how if they just fixed the helmet they’d be fine.  It’s just the helmet that pulls them down to bottom 2 or 3. 

I certainly can’t prove that, but that’s my feelings based on reading all the posts since ever. 

I'm in the "like them except for the helmet" camp . . . and there are posts where I've already committed my position to writing.  They really grew on me after a year or two.

I love the number font and think the color balance is good as long they limit the use of the monochrome black (which, of course, they didn't).  I would be fine with a black helmet or a gold helmet.  They look good from the front or the back . . . just not from anywhere else.

. . . and I'm pretty much a "traditionalist".

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

1 hour ago, Volt said:

It's amazing to me that people hate these, yet spend no time hating awful relics like what Atlanta and Arizona are wearing, not to mention Denver, Philadelphia, Cincinnati and Carolina. The Ravens and Texans even look worse than the Jags.

This. I don't think I've seen anyone on these boards say anything about how terrible Arizona and Atlanta still look. Buffalo, Minnesota, and Seattle have all made the jump from their Reebok monstrosities. Yes, I prefer the Seahawks current set to their previous. What's keeping Arizona and Atlanta from doing the same?

33 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

This. I don't think I've seen anyone on these boards say anything about how terrible Arizona and Atlanta still look. Buffalo, Minnesota, and Seattle have all made the jump from their Reebok monstrosities. Yes, I prefer the Seahawks current set to their previous. What's keeping Arizona and Atlanta from doing the same?

You haven't been reading enough, then. Uniforms exactly like Atlanta and Arizona even have their own acronym: PYP for piping, yokes, and panels (don't remember who came up with it). If Atlanta and Arizona had some egregious element like the two-tone helmet, people around here would be all over it. If the Jags had a glossy black helmet with this last set, they would probably be mostly ignored.

45 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Atlanta and Arizona are the two teams I harp on the most! If we’re making a priority list, then those Arena League sets needed to leave yesterday.

I feel like Jacksonville was semi-close with the outgoing set. My beefs with it were the helmet, black being the primary, and the teal set’s numbers being black when they should’ve been white (and paired with white pants). But change those things around and it would’ve been okay.

The speculated new set only has the helmet going for it, though. Everything else is pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty not-good.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

3 hours ago, Volt said:

I'm guessing you're a new member because you couldn't be more wrong if you said 2+2=47 (except for Carolina.)

Also, none of those teams have anything to do with this thread, so why would people be posting about them?  This thread is for Jacksonville, and like all threads, Cleveland.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think the argument regarding "you hated it 5 years ago!!!" isn't a good one. Things change in 5 years. Opinions change, people change, tastes change. I wasn't too thrilled about the new logo when it was revealed, and remember being upset with the new uniforms. Now, comparing the old to current logos side-by-side is night and day difference. I can't look at the old one without thinking it's in the same throwback realm as Pat Patriot or similar logos. The more I watched the Jags play, the more I began to care about uniforms and "study" the fine details as I would mock them up in Photoshop, the more I realized they really weren't half bad. And that can be due, in part, to what has been said already by many others. It took time to warm up to them, but now they're going to be missed like any other modern classic (using that loosely here) would be if they were dumped. Maybe the same will happen with whatever design the team decides to wear the next five years. Who knows.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

2 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

but now they're going to be missed

Not by many I dare say, even if the color rush inspired teal numbers with no outline on black uniform is actually real.

It's where I sit.

7 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Just for the record, the Bills’ current uniform *also* came from the Reebok era. :P

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

54 minutes ago, DanParker said:

That is the leak you are putting trust in?! It’s a recolor of this image the Rams used last year Rams-2017-Uniform.jpg

Teal primaries. You’ll see. And they don’t look like that.

That's a Nike template image and so far nobody within the Jaguars camp has denied the leak and the post got removed on the Jaguars subreddit too so the suspicion is that the leak is real. Nobody is going to believe you after the stuff you've said so give it rest. If that pic isn't real then so be it, but I'm inclined to believe this more than you telling me the Raiders are putting gold on their uniforms.

bSLCtu2.png

54 minutes ago, DanParker said:

That is the leak you are putting trust in?! It’s a recolor of this image the Rams used last year 

LOL so this is the lad nobody believes in? I can see why... 

I thought you knew brands,leagues and so on have one template they use for everyone,much like everyone else. It's not a "recoloured image",it's literally just the official Nike CAD.

EDIT: Basically read the post above mine

1 hour ago, DanParker said:

That is the leak you are putting trust in?! It’s a recolor of this image the Rams used last year Rams-2017-Uniform.jpg

Tell us more about the gold helmets and UCLA stripes that you promised were going to happen.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived