Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

11 minutes ago, FroznYogurt said:

Thoughts on this concept that blends past and present?

The idea of placing the current Jag head logo on the old full body has been floated around here for a while now. Seeing this and a few other concepts submitted to the UniWatch design contest proved that, unless the entire logo is entirely re-worked, it's bad. It doesn't fit as is whatsoever.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, FroznYogurt said:

i LOVE those because i did an updated crawler myself a few years ago. I was hopeful we would see something like this that would be a mix of both worlds. 

But I knew the gold was gone early so sadly those plans were crushed. :(

#DTWD #GoJaguars

4 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

First off? No. The Texans, Panthers, and Ravens’ looks have their flaws, yeah, but all look so much better than any other team you mentioned here. 

Secondly? Well...

...you two are full of it, and that’s an accomplishment for a thread that also includes DanParker ;) 

Atlanta, Cincinnati, and Arizona are still rightfully hated. And for you guys to suggest that they aren’t leaves me with the conclusion that you guys just don’t frequent NFL uni discussions. 

I would say that, prior to the Jags and Bucs’ Nike overhauls? Atlanta, Cincinnati, and Arizona were the consensus for worst looks in the league. It’s just that Nike botched the Jags and Bucs so hard that they bumped Atlanta, Cincinnati, and Arizona up a few pegs. 

That doesn’t mean people like them though, and claiming the community doesn’t hate on those looks proves to me you two know nothing about it. Certainly not as much as you claim to as you drag the forums over the coals for not agreeing with your contrarianism. 

Denver is an interesting case. I don’t think anyone hates the look, but most people seem to agree that it’s tired. I would say most active posters would like to see them go to some modernised version of the Orange Crush look. 

And Philly? No NFL uni discussion is complete without at lest ten people demanding the Eagles go back to kelly green. 

I would suggest both of you pay more attention to NFL uni discussions before trying to shame the community for not sharing your niche opinions on ugly Jags uniforms. 

First Bold: What I said wasn't definitive. I said "I don't think I've seen.." not "I have never seen...". I'm fully aware there have been discussions about Arizona and Atlanta, but they haven't frequently been brought up. Especially recently with all of the Nike redesigns. I also don't see how I was "dragging" anyone for not agreeing with me.

Second Bold: I have not said one negative thing to any member who doesn't share my opinions. Nowhere was there any shaming.

But hey, I apparently don't notice what people talk about so what do I know? Keep up the good work, Cap.

1 hour ago, FroznYogurt said:

Gorgeous. Just gorgeous. A full body Jag logo would be awesome. I always loved the Jaguars and Bengals full cat logos, it is a shame they are gone. 

Whoever did this did a pretty damn good job. If they unveiled this, I think most people would be pretty damn happy (save the few on here who can find anything to gripe about).

21 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

But hey, I apparently don't notice what people talk about so what do I know? Keep up the good work, Cap.

If you did notice what people talk about then you’d know the uniforms you don’t think get much flack get quite a bit of flack. shrug

I don’t know what to tell you, other than that you came off as not knowing what you’re talking about. Like if someone wandered into the NHL thread going “I can’t believe no one’s saying the Canucks should drop the orca logo!”

There’s not much to say to that other than have you not been paying attention?

EDIT- 

Volt’s got a bad habit here. He likes to make definitive statements that aren’t remotely true, ignore people who point out that he’s wrong, and then continue making those statements. 

He’s done it often with “everyone under 35 loves the same stuff!” sort of comments, and now he’s done it by claiming that no one complains about some of the most hated unis in the league. 

Frankly his “I’ll state my baseless opinion that runs contrary to what’s clearly obvious” attitude is a bit grating, and I make no apologies for calling him out as harshly as I have.

The reality of the boards don’t conform to his own biases, and he needs to realise that. 

I apologise if you got caught up in the crossfire, but you seemed to be adding to the same set of misconceptions that Volt was going on about. 

3 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

The "gloss garbage" is indeed on the white jerseys. It's a sublimated graphic (apparently meant to resemble a claw scratch or something? I've never seen it that way, though) and it's on all four color jerseys that have been worn with this design.

The tonal print - what you call “gloss garbage” - is indeed on the other jerseys. It’s actually screen printed, rather than sublimated, similar to how Nike screen prints sleeve stripes.  I believe some teams have moved to sublimated stripes as it’s an option but can lead to color differences - I’d be curious to know if any teams are using it.  Pant stripes on the new Untouchable template are all sublimated, but I’m not sure if they’re knit-in at the NFL level for any teams (my guess would be no.)

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

I apologise if you got caught up in the crossfire, but you seemed to be adding to the same set of misconceptions that Volt was going on about. 

No worries. My comment probably wasn't worded very well to start with.

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

If you did notice what people talk about then you’d know the uniforms you don’t think get much flack get quite a bit of flack. shrug

I don’t know what to tell you, other than that you came off as not knowing what you’re talking about. Like if someone wandered into the NHL thread going “I can’t believe no one’s saying the Canucks should drop the orca logo!”

There’s not much to say to that other than have you not been paying attention?

EDIT- 

Volt’s got a bad habit here. He likes to make definitive statements that aren’t remotely true, ignore people who point out that he’s wrong, and then continue making those statements. 

He’s done it often with “everyone under 35 loves the same stuff!” sort of comments, and now he’s done it by claiming that no one complains about some of the most hated unis in the league. 

Frankly his “I’ll state my baseless opinion that runs contrary to what’s clearly obvious” attitude is a bit grating, and I make no apologies for calling him out as harshly as I have.

The reality of the boards don’t conform to his own biases, and he needs to realise that. 

This is hilarious and the hyprocrisy is downright entertaining. 

You are the kind of person that makes me not “frequent NFL uni discussion boards”.  Your all-seeing, all-knowing authoritarian disposition in regards to design opinion is so arrogant and off-putting that it does in fact make me avoid this forum in most cases, or at least in conversing within them, because of old trolls like you waiting in the weeds to jump out and say, “NO!  YOU’RE WRONG.  I’m right, and you’re STOOPID!”  Perhaps that’s what I’m not aware of all of the other hate for the Cards, Falcons, etc.

Show me one example of where someone pointed out that I was wrong and I kept making the same statements.  I’ll wait.  

People having an opinion that is different from your’s is ACTUAL reality, not internet message board reality where if you don’t suck at the teet of Paul Lukas Uni-ideology, you’re allowed to bully, shame, and ridicule others for liking, believing in, or seeing something different than you.  I feel bad, because after that outburst, I don’t know how you function in the outside world.

I sell Nike, Under Armour and almost every other brand of uniform and apparel for a living.  I design and deliver athletic apparel and components of team branding every day.  I work with both of those manufacturers and a hundred others, live in their worlds, alongside coaches, administrators, and athletes at every level, as well as coach high school football, which exposes me to the likes of young athletes today.  I have seen great design and awful design, but I am successful at what I do because I help make teams and people look good, and while I’m mostly a supporter of traditional, clean looks, I’m not so strict that I can only see things one way.  As many of those here do.

It exposes me to a world where there are different tastes and preferences, and that’s okay.  I recommend, for your own sanity, that you give that a try at some point.

You fired, I returned.  Back to uni talk.

25 minutes ago, Volt said:

Show me one example of where someone pointed out that I was wrong and I kept making the same statements.  I’ll wait.  

How about any number of times you’ve claimed that your opinion is *the* opinion of anyone under 35? 

You’re constantly peddling the notion that everyone who disagrees with you is an out of touch old fart (you referring to me as an old, authoritarian dictator only furthers my point XD ), only to ignore it when I, and plenty of other people, tell you that no. There are plenty of young people who prefer the traditional looks and aesthetics that you think only people in their sixties like.

It’s a constant pattern of behaviour with you, denying the realities of the diverse user-base here so you can pretend to feel persecuted for liking unis most people don’t.

Flat-out denying that people are critical of the Cards, Falcons, and Bengals’ uniforms is just the latest development. 

Look, if you’re good at your job? All the power to you. I wish you no ill will personally or professionally.

All I care about is how you conduct yourself here, because that’s the volunteer position forum administration asked me to fill. 

And your cycle of aggressively pushing an unpopular opinion, claiming it’s the only valid opinion for our age group, and playing victim anytime your unpopular opinions get even a bit of pushback isn’t helpful.

25 minutes ago, Volt said:

It exposes me to a world where there are different tastes and preferences, and that’s okay.  I recommend, for your own sanity, that you give that a try at some point.

Let me tell you about my work, since you seemed insistent on going on about yours. 

I work with teenagers five days a week. I’m well aware of the ever-changing nature of trends and pop-culture. I may only be 30 but I can accept that in a lot of ways what I like has already begun to solidify. Half the slang used today is only barely understandable, but that’s ok. 

My point is to show that once again you’re assuming and getting it wrong. I’m bombarded with opinions on fashion and music outside of my “bubble” on a near-daily basis.   

And you know what? That’s fine. I’m aware of it. It doesn’t change what I like though, and that’s your problem. 

You assume that anyone that doesn’t like trendy doesn’t get trendy. When in reality most of us are pretty well-rounded. We just like what we like.

And I speak for most everyone else here when I say we’ll respect that you like what you like if you stop presenting your opinion as the be-all-end-all. 

51 minutes ago, Volt said:

Pant stripes on the new Untouchable template are all sublimated, but I’m not sure if they’re knit-in at the NFL level for any teams (my guess would be no.)

i think all NFL pants stripes are sublimated as well— at least, pretty sure that was the case with the Elite51 as they went over that mesh area. im not sure how each team has done it on the Vapor, but if they are all currently sublimated, they wont all be for long :)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

2 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Gorgeous. Just gorgeous. A full body Jag logo would be awesome. I always loved the Jaguars and Bengals full cat logos, it is a shame they are gone. 

Whoever did this did a pretty damn good job. If they unveiled this, I think most people would be pretty damn happy (save the few on here who can find anything to gripe about).

I agree this was definitely my favorite from the uni watch contest. They did a good job of updating the jags original uniform design.

Sadly there is no way they go backwards with new ownership. I am hoping they make a throwback that they wear once a year.

I also agree with @Clintau24 don't think we can ever make a crawler from that logo, it just looks weird.

3 hours ago, FroznYogurt said:

I’m surprised at how much I appreciate the use of the Jaws of Husky Stadium here. The black cuffs of the original design would probably get rolled under and practically erased with modern jersey cuts, so filling in the Spokes of the Sooner Schooner helps to emphasize the way that black is used there. Fine use of the Tusks of the Razorback.

On 3/5/2018 at 9:28 AM, j'villejags said:

Piggybacking off of @Gupti's tweaks -- here's another variation that would bring back the aesthetic of the Fred Taylor era.

Upby7Zw.png

This would be a great modern update akin to the Vikings, but nope, it seems like we're going to get the boring version and mono black as the primary and hard to read black/teal numbers and zero teal on the road set.

On 3/5/2018 at 4:52 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

I think the current jags set is actually liked by more than 50% of the board - including a few of the “traditionalists”. There’s been tons of comments about how if they just fixed the helmet they’d be fine.  It’s just the helmet that pulls them down to bottom 2 or 3. 

I certainly can’t prove that, but that’s my feelings based on reading all the posts since ever. 

I’m definitely in the camp that the current set is a mobstrocity regardless of helmet, but I think I’m either in the minority or a small majority. 

I like them other than the helmet. The only tweaks I'd make are fixing the collar/shoulders, dropping the shield patch and make the pants stripe extend to the whole pants, and add teal socks to avoid the leotard look. Also make the teal jersey the primary.

Archived