Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

10 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

20qttz.jpg

i could live with this even though I would prefer a black helmet

Their logo has little presence on a gold helmet, while the black helmet presents it extremely well. The only way a gold helmet works for them is if it has jaguar spots, in my opinion.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate this thread now.

Can we all make a pact where no else posts until actual news come out from the actual team about the jerseys?

Too much to ask? Probs. I just get so much lost hope every time I see this post pop up with more comments. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

28 minutes ago, kimball said:

I hate this thread now.

Can we all make a pact where no else posts until actual news come out from the actual team about the jerseys?

Too much to ask? Probs. I just get so much lost hope every time I see this post pop up with more comments. 

I'm up for that.

Oh wait...

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, kimball said:

I hate this thread now.

I agree. Not long now. Everything I'm hearing sounds so good. 

1 hour ago, TSHARE18 said:

#unbanTeal

Technically he's not banned, he was suspended for a month. Probably be back just in time for the actual unveil. Which means his "Not long now/Everything sounds good" mantra will actually apply at that point.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Concept posting is the new teal.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 10/1/2017 at 3:07 AM, daveindc said:

It's athletic gear, not pieces of metal.

That analogy is even weaker when there's cars with matte finishes:

blackbeast1.jpg

1525.jpg

c585c0ebc4f27691257b33e898d31e2e--ford-r

Some love'em, some hate'em....I love them.  The difference in sheen provides contrast.  I recently ordered a Matte White Schutt F7 sample for my sales office.  We ordered it with a Blackout kit, Nickel Red face guard, and Black chin cup/strap.  We then added Chrome Red (with Black) side decals.

It looks amazing.  The contrast between the Matte, standard Gloss of the bumpers and chin cup/strap, and Nickel/Chrome mask & decals really adds to the depth of the helmet's appearance.  

I feel like Glossy helmets are 2D, whereas using difference finishes gives a much interesting and appealing look.

Also, in regards to Matte Black...I feel like Black, White, and Grey(s) are the only color Matte helmets that DO look good.  I've seen Matte Red, Matte Royal, Matte Yellow, others.....not so good at all.  

Now, Satin finishes on color look GREAT - the Vikings are proof of that.  That helmet is just beautiful with the right amount of sheen.  

I inquired with Schutt about Satin Black, but was told that it didn't look too much different than Matte Black, so we'll see if the Jags choose a satin finish if it looks that much different.  We have Matte Black helmets where I coach now and I had Matte Anthracite helmets done where I coached previously...as soon as there's some humidity and the helmets get a little wet from the game, be it sweat or weather, they pick some gloss back up.  

All in all, it's subjective :)

1 hour ago, Volt said:

Also, in regards to Matte Black...I feel like Black, White, and Grey(s) are the only color Matte helmets that DO look good.  I've seen Matte Red, Matte Royal, Matte Yellow, others.....not so good at all.  

Now, Satin finishes on color look GREAT - the Vikings are proof of that.  That helmet is just beautiful with the right amount of sheen.  

I inquired with Schutt about Satin Black, but was told that it didn't look too much different than Matte Black, so we'll see if the Jags choose a satin finish if it looks that much different.  We have Matte Black helmets where I coach now and I had Matte Anthracite helmets done where I coached previously...as soon as there's some humidity and the helmets get a little wet from the game, be it sweat or weather, they pick some gloss back up.  

All in all, it's subjective :)

I definitely prefer satin to matte. Oregon State had a black satin helmet this year that looked great --

59f29ccf1a918.image.jpg?resize=1200,800

compared to matte --

37480524134_a461d390bc_k-1024x683.jpg

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

I've never seen black satin before, but that one posted above looks fantastic, and miles ahead of the matte.

Matte works in baseball since the helmets are supposed to just be hard versions of the caps, so the matte finish matches the wool/poly better, but football should be gloss / satin.  Also doesn't the paint / gloss help with deflecting blows?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived