Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

5 hours ago, JViking5 said:

I did that with this thread and the Titans one when I first joined a month ago. It was a wild ride! The biggest benefit was learning helmet finishes and the difference between matte, satin, and eggshell finishes lol

Officially, there's no such thing as an eggshell helmet finish.. Matte/Flat, Satin, Gloss, Chrome, and Metallic are your typical finishes

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/30/2018 at 1:48 PM, Gupti said:

My initiation to this site was basically reading back the entire thread that encompassed the upcoming changes for the Jags, Vikes, and Phins at the time. Long, but worth it.

Hey, at least it keeps people from asking the same questions over and over. ;)

On 3/30/2018 at 5:26 PM, DouglasQuaid said:

Same. Once i heard the vikings were going to change uniforms I stumbled on to this site. Its now my go to website when I have free time.

6 hours ago, JViking5 said:

I did that with this thread and the Titans one when I first joined a month ago. It was a wild ride! The biggest benefit was learning helmet finishes and the difference between matte, satin, and eggshell finishes lol

Just don't do this with the 150+ page Rams thread. It goes in circles a lot and will likely lead to madness. 

54 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Just don't do this with the 150+ page Rams thread. It goes in circles a lot and will likely lead to madness. 

Most definitely. Alas, they say that that cursed thread is still getting bumped by people offering the same two cents that everyone else has about the Rams helmets to this very day...

1 hour ago, Gupti said:

Most definitely. Alas, they say that that cursed thread is still getting bumped by people offering the same two cents that everyone else has about the Rams helmets to this very day...

I think it was towards the top, so not really a bump, but my first post in that was in 90's range and you better believe I didn't read back more than a page or two. 

On 3/28/2018 at 6:29 PM, GigantorinJax said:

Just a thought.  The design of the Jags uniform has been going on for a year (maybe two).  Think of how many mock ups and iterations they made over that span for consideration, constantly tweaked and updated.  I can guarantee they created many different versions over that time and don't you think its possible along the way that just one of those options were the one that "leaked", which is entirely possible what people who claimed to have seen it were looking at?  What we don't know is how early in the process it leaked.  Just because it leaked doesn't mean that it was the one they chose...more than likely it wasn't the one that was selected.  Could we see similar design elements in the final version?  Sure we could...it could also be completely different.  We will find out soon enough. 

This is completely fair.

Per my understanding from the source of the leak, though this is all second hand, they were relatively far in the process when those got leaked. It was made rather clear that the numbers were not a finished product though, and it wasn’t necessarily made clear that black was going to be the primary.

Shad’s comment about how his vision didn’t work and then remarking how much the teal was embraced this season leads me to believe that we’re going back to teal tops, as does the comment that it’s going to harken back to some guys who will be on the Hall of Fame; which has gotta be a reference to the various stylings from the Tony Boselli and Fred Taylor years.

I do hope we get something closer to what was posted as an alteration to the design concept though. Adding some gold to the accents, and going with the white numbers on the teal looked incredible.

April Fools (but they aren't actually that bad and think we can actually gather something from these)

They look a lot like the original set - simple with pants stripes. Gold isn't gone for good. Number font is new. Jag head on the jersey as expected. Gold-ish helmet we know is wrong though. These are better than the recent leaks for sure.

Update: The image used was from the Pro Bowl. So, that's a bit of a bummer

DZtYel-XkAEKBTd.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I sniffed the Pro Bowl jersey from a mile away, though I did think it was very interesting that they would show the beloved teal jersey in this a joke of a tease if they intended to unveil boring old black as the primary later this month. That'd be too cruel. ???

Those gradient numbers are awful and reminded me of those old fubu shirts. Can't believe the number of people who think that looks good. Blinded by the beauty of the teal. fubu.jpg?w=300&h=273

Like @Gupti said, I do think it's worth noting they used teal instead of black, even though it's an obvious joke.

It's all subjective.  The Madden guy mentioned may absolutely adore Nike's Oregon-esque hot mess uniforms, which I'm pretty sure most people around here wouldn't like. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

9 minutes ago, CS85 said:

It's all subjective.  The Madden guy mentioned may absolutely adore Nike's Oregon-esque hot mess uniforms, which I'm pretty sure most people around here wouldn't like. 

Correct. But we know they're not doing that judging by Shad, Tom, and Mark Lamping's comments on them.

He also says they are much better than the Titans update.

21 minutes ago, Gr3g3 said:

Correct. But we know they're not doing that judging by Shad, Tom, and Mark Lamping's comments on them.

He also says they are much better than the Titans update.

Judging by that leaked jersey being held up, it shouldn’t be that hard to do. 

On 3/29/2018 at 9:18 AM, Gr3g3 said:

Something we've ignored in this video is the number font at the end. If you follow the Jaguars on social media you'll notice they are very consistent using their custom font all the time, so I think it's pretty telling that they didn't in this video. 

Call me crazy but I think I see a shape in the Teal at the end that's vaguely Jaguar shaped but different from their current logo. I'm trying to mess with the image at the end to draw it out but I think can see an eye and spots a little up and to the right of the "18"

(Or I could be crazy. Either or)

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

Archived